• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DARK SOULS - Prepare to Die trailer, on Steam, DLC coming to consoles!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Sakuraba captures the essence of the boss/character so well. Artorias' theme easily ranks among my favorite tracks from this game.

(The video's annotations lead to the themes of two other bosses.)

Zul

Awards
Just got this on steam, never touched DeS, never touched any of Dark Souls either, so this is completely new for me. I hear it's great and on the harder side of gameplay so I hope it works right(and I hope that whole GFWL crap doesn't mess with it too much).

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Just got this on steam, never touched DeS, never touched any of Dark Souls either, so this is completely new for me. I hear it's great and on the harder side of gameplay so I hope it works right(and I hope that whole GFWL crap doesn't mess with it too much).

Use a controller, if you have one. The game was made with controllers in mind, and I've heard that the keyboard controls are generally inferior.

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
Finally got into the new content earlier today and I'm loving every second of it. Having known both Dark and Demon's Souls like the back of my hand for a while now, it's extremely refreshing going into new Souls content completely blind aside from what I've seen in trailers. New areas to go through, new secrets and hidden items to search for, new lore tidbits to learn, and new bosses that I have no idea how to go about fighting the first time I see them. It's amazing :D

Zul

Awards
Use a controller, if you have one. The game was made with controllers in mind, and I've heard that the keyboard controls are generally inferior.

I don't have one, unfortunately, although I seem to be doing "okay" with the keyboard.

As a game it feels great, as a port it feels sloppy, that's all I can say so far. With the NeoGAF workaround and with a few adjustments to my key settings, its working out fine.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Well, From Software did admit to some extent they were sort of clueless going into the porting process, hence for instance why natively the game's locked at 720p and still suffers from framerate issues in New Londo, Blighttown, and any other large areas with plenty of enemies.

Zul

Awards
Hmm, Wastewander told me about blighttown and that it had FPS issues even on the console, I think with some tweaking through I can lower my settings when getting through that area.

Like I said, its more or less aesthetically sloppy and a minor inconvenience at best, but nothing gamebreaking, I'm still glad I can get it on the PC as I really can't get back into console gaming these days(I just like the mouse to look around , after playing FPS games on the mouse versus using an analog stick, I've gotten used to the mouse too much).

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
since i'm selling my ps3 and losing dark souls as a result, i decided to shell out the cash for the pc version. luckily, i got it for a low price of $19.50, so whatever.

I WILL NEVER BE WITHOUT IT.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Apparently, Sir Artorias was initially meant to have some speaking parts of his own.
As nice as they sound, silence was ultimately the better choice, I think.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Dark Souls: Prepare to Cry Edition more like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back