• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DARK SOULS - Prepare to Die trailer, on Steam, DLC coming to consoles!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Re: Dark Souls

Oh, by the way. Release will be in October of this year in the U.S. and Europe supposedly. September in Japan.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Collector's Edition revealed

Namco Bandai revealed today that details on the upcoming Dark Souls Collector’s Edition on both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Similar to what Atlus offered to gamers who purchased Demons Souls, Dark Souls will receive an exclusive soundtrack, a game guide, and a lot more.

Below are the list of contents that players can expect in the Collector’s Edition of Dark Souls. If you like what you see on the Collector’s Edition, head over to your local game retailers to pre-order your copy! The Collector’s Edition will retail the same price as the regular edition which is $59.99.

preorder_collectors_spread.png

Includes Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the highly anticipated game, strategy guide and a special art book packed with exclusive high-quality imagery. The original soundtrack and a behind-the-scenes video are included as exclusive downloads.

Dark Souls for PlayStation3
Dark Souls for Xbox 360
Game guide
Original soundtrack
Behind-the-scenes video
Special hardback art book
Special art book

source: Dark Souls Collector’s Edition Detailed*|*Just Push Start

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards

Honestly if that was the cover art, I wouldn't mind. It'd be different than hurrguywithasword

αsiя

space coke

My GOTY right here. Can't wait to play and it already looks better than Demon's Souls.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

It's a good thing I'll have something to do while waiting for Skyrim to come out. Such a wonderfull gaming year, just wish we could skip the first half of it but soon InFamous, then Deamon... Dark Sould and so Skyrim. Just awsome

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Do anyone know if the graphics will be as good as the first game seeing how this is for Xbox as well? I haven't thought much about it before and I know we have two trailers but it's kinda hard to judge from them.

αsiя

space coke

Do anyone know if the graphics will be as good as the first game seeing how this is for Xbox as well? I haven't thought much about it before and I know we have two trailers but it's kinda hard to judge from them.

What kinda stupid statement is that. Of course they'll be as good as the first, probably even better judging from the trailers. The 360 isn't handicapping the game at all.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

the 360 is not as good as the PS3 so if they make the PS3 version the same as the 360 version the graphics won't look quite as good, therefore it's not that stupid

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

That's entirely dependent on the "base console" they use. If they were developing this with the 360 as the base, it's the ps3 version that would look shitty. I can't see them doing that but you can't make blanket statements like that.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

The PS3 versions of unexlusive games allways look almost exactly as good as the 360 versions (atleast I haven't seen a shitty looking port) and all those games (only exception I can think of is FF XIII) are made for the 360. PS3 exlusives have better graphics because PS3 is better in that way + otherwise it would be pretty stupid making them exlusives unless Sony didn't pay them (or buy the company - Heavy Rain).
therefore it's not a blank statement. I just hope they do what SE did with FF XIII and make the game to PS3 then porting it to 360

Puklthynot

The real difference between games on both the XBOX 360 and PS3, that I've noticed, is the slight change in contrast and color.

The graphics look the same to me overall.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Also, trying to compare the graphics of console exclusives is almost always a moot point, since the art style and the effort put into that renders any difference nearly impossible to quantifiably determine.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

but if you compare a not exlusive game it lock the same because it's made for the 360 and then simply ported to the PS3.
well, I just gonna drop it now and hope the graphics are as good as before and if they are not, I'm still happy because I really want to see what my friend who have a 360 think about it

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

And if you look at an exlusive game for the 360 compared to a multi-console, the exact same thing still applies, because it's been optimised for the console.

αsiя

space coke

[video=youtube;l7vV9Km6Zvo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7vV9Km6Zvo[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back