• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Contradictions" in the bible

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Free will does not exist. Every decision we make is a combination of our genes, upbringing and experiences. Where else could we possibly make a decision from?

Angel Shards

I would kill for you <3
Phoenix said:
Psss, he's not supposed to interfere with your free will, remember?

Pfft. In the olden times, God used to interfere with free will all the time:

Forcing Moses to lead the Hebrews out of Egypt.
Forbidding Adam and Eve not to eat the apple.

etc..........

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Keyblade Shards said:
Pfft. In the olden times, God used to interfere with free will all the time:

etc..........

Abraham and Isaac...best example ever.

Redemptions Light

No He told them what He wanted them todo. They had the free will to obey or disobey what He said. As Adam and Eve did.Obeying God ensures that u get all of what he has for u

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
Redemptions Light said:
No He told them what He wanted them todo. They had the free will to obey or disobey what He said. As Adam and Eve did.Obeying God ensures that u get all of what he has for u

You beliving in a god makes your have no free will. No matter how many times you say or the bible says your have free will, dosn't mean you actually have it >_>

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
God makes "commandments" and yet he gives us free will?

He forces us to live our lives in HIS image, and yet we are aloud to do as we please?

He gives us an ultimatum, redemption or hell, and yet nonetheless he loves us, and allows us to choose?

No, those are not choices, they are "slight" nudges in the right direction, right? Bull, they are demanded of us, and if we do not listen we are punished. Free will you say? No, crime and punishment.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Cinvxten said:
It doesn't really matter if the Bible condridicts itself. Some Christians might claim that it is a pure and holy scripture that is 100% law. But really, the Bible is sort of like a manual, not a history book. It is full of metaphors and stories to help people realize God's will, without forcing down their throats. High-class, over the top fanatics are the ones doing that. The Bible is like a manuel. It helps you build a better life toward Heaven and the Holy Trinity.

And that's why when a non-christian sees a christian bobbing his head to "Jesus Walks by Kanye West" the whole religion/church is branded as false, fakes, heretics, liars, hypocrites, and posers. You are right. Everything is not black and white with God. Somethings are, but others are not. Like some sins. Yes sins are sins, but there are also levels of sins. The Bible is a guidebook on how we should live life. If we choose not to live by the guidebook; not rulebook, then it's on you.

I'll admit that the list is intriguing, as I am one to seek God too. There might be some, but there might be certain reasons as to such. Even God himself says that he repents making us. I don't know the exact scripture, but it was at the start of Noah's story. These however do not disprove the whole Bible. In fact, turn on a news station. There is turmoil in the middle east, just as the Bible says there would be. All nations will turn against Israel, just as the Bible predicts. If you don't believe, it's been right so far. Just pointing out. I believe that it's anywhere from days to years away from the end.

And to all you non-believers, let's play what if.

What if you are right, there is no heaven or hell. No God or Satan. That we just rot in the ground after we die, then there'd be nothing wrong with that. I almost wish it was that. No harm, no foul.

HERE'S THE CATCH: WHAT IF?

What if there is? Wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry? I'd rather be good in his eyesight, than go to hell. Just making a statement.

I can't make anyone believe, or listen. I can't even can't speak for everyone when I say he's real. I've felt him, so to me he's real.

But back on topic.

I think that those contradictions were special situations. I can't be sure. I can't understand God. His thinking is as far as the East from the West. I'll go over them in my Bible. I'm printing out the page.

Joy

Bronze Member
Yeah, back to my parenting story. My father will demand I do something. i have the choice to do it or not. i don't do it, I'm punished.

Think, God tells you to do something. If you throw it back in his face, is he going to jump up and down and give you a gift by letting you into heaven? I don't think so.

The Big Lovin'

purified_riku155 said:
And that's why when a non-christian sees a christian bobbing his head to "Jesus Walks by Kanye West" the whole religion/church is branded as false, fakes, heretics, liars, hypocrites, and posers.

Actually, I listen to that song and I'm a Satanist. I just like music ^_^

You are right. Everything is not black and white with God. Somethings are, but others are not. Like some sins. Yes sins are sins, but there are also levels of sins. The Bible is a guidebook on how we should live life. If we choose not to live by the guidebook; not rulebook, then it's on you.

Why would I live in fear of sins that I don't belive in? I don't belive in sin period. Its got a couple good morals, but i think Ill stick to good'ole common sense.

I'll admit that the list is intriguing, as I am one to seek God too. There might be some, but there might be certain reasons as to such. Even God himself says that he repents making us. I don't know the exact scripture, but it was at the start of Noah's story. These however do not disprove the whole Bible. In fact, turn on a news station. There is turmoil in the middle east, just as the Bible says there would be. All nations will turn against Israel, just as the Bible predicts. If you don't believe, it's been right so far. Just pointing out. I believe that it's anywhere from days to years away from the end.

I would love to see these predictions. Also, the earth is far from being at the end of its rope.

I love what if >D

What if you are right, there is no heaven or hell. No God or Satan. That we just rot in the ground after we die, then there'd be nothing wrong with that. I almost wish it was that. No harm, no foul.

Thats what I'm hoping

What if there is? Wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry? I'd rather be good in his eyesight, than go to hell. Just making a statement.

I can't make anyone believe, or listen. I can't even can't speak for everyone when I say he's real. I've felt him, so to me he's real.

But back on topic.

I think that those contradictions were special situations. I can't be sure. I can't understand God. His thinking is as far as the East from the West. I'll go over them in my Bible. I'm printing out the page.

Kid...you are brain washed beyond belief!

1. God is supposed to be a benvolent being, yet, you fear him but insist on "loving" him. Rather safe then sorry. Lol

2. You have felt him? Was he touching you in bed or something? Fecking pedo.

3. Do you know what a contradiction is? They arn't special situatuions, they are BULL CRAP.

Ok, now its my turn for what if.

What if everything you know is a lie. What if it isn't your god that exsist? Hell, what if there are multiple gods and you havn't been worshiping them? Then you are in from one hell of an after life.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
<T/2igger}{APPY> said:

Why would I live in fear of sins that I don't belive in? I don't belive in sin period. Its got a couple good morals, but i think Ill stick to good'ole common sense.

You stick to common sense. I can't make you believe. But I'll just believe. What I can't figure out is that there are people who believe Axel is Riku's nobody, but can't believe God.

I would love to see these predictions. Also, the earth is far from being at the end of its rope.

These predictions are

1: Becoming fulfilled as we speak
2. Are in the Revelations

I can't make you read. You asked me, and I told you. For your sake, I hope you take a look.

Kid...you are brain washed beyond belief!
[/qoute]

Please. I am older than you. Do not call me kid. I don't fly off the handle insulting you. I don't call you names because you don't believe as I believe. That is common courtesy, I'll respect you if you respect me.

1. God is supposed to be a benvolent being, yet, you fear him but insist on "loving" him. Rather safe then sorry. Lol

Can't I love someone I fear? The only thing that keeps me from being boisterous and right out rebellious is that I fear him. It's like the traget od Darth Plageus. He had so much power, the only thing he had to fear was losing his power. I don't want to become like that. Even if he IS fictional.

2. You have felt him? Was he touching you in bed or something? Fecking pedo.

I'm not the sicko here. You took it to a dirty place. When I said I felt him, I meant I can sense his presence around me. It's like air. I can't see it, but I know it's there. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to breathe.

Touching in bed, pedo? All your words, I never said any such words. Your mind is dirty.

They arn't special situatuions, they are BULL CRAP.

How do you know? Who are you?

Ok, now its my turn for what if.
What if everything you know is a lie. What if it isn't your god that exsist? Hell, what if there are multiple gods and you havn't been worshiping them? Then you are in from one hell of an after life.

Yes, I'd be in for one HELL of a afterlife. You didn't answer my question though. I answered yours. What if he does exist?

On another note. Explain to me the ergonomics of Satanism.

The Big Lovin'

purified_riku155 said:
You stick to common sense. I can't make you believe. But I'll just believe. What I can't figure out is that there are people who believe Axel is Riku's nobody, but can't believe God.

...what did beliving a Kingdom Hearts theory have to with beliving god?

These predictions are

1: Becoming fulfilled as we speak
2. Are in the Revelations

I can't make you read. You asked me, and I told you. For your sake, I hope you take a look.

You can't get me a bible verse or two showing me?

Please. I am older than you. Do not call me kid. I don't fly off the handle insulting you. I don't call you names because you don't believe as I believe. That is common courtesy, I'll respect you if you respect me.

I just resently started calling people kid for some reason. So don't worry about that. But, I belive you are brain washed. You can take it as a insult if you wan't too.

Can't I love someone I fear? The only thing that keeps me from being boisterous and right out rebellious is that I fear him. It's like the traget od Darth Plageus. He had so much power, the only thing he had to fear was losing his power. I don't want to become like that. Even if he IS fictional.

What person deserves anyone's love if they fear them? Your own greed and fear is what makes you belive.

I'm not the sicko here. You took it to a dirty place. When I said I felt him, I meant I can sense his presence around me. It's like air. I can't see it, but I know it's there. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to breathe.

Touching in bed, pedo? All your words, I never said any such words. Your mind is dirty.

I know what you meant -_-

I was being sarcastic. I guess sarcasm and the internet really don't work. And can you people stop using the "air" thing. The thing that seperates god from the wind, is that it is possible to see air and that we know air, for a fact, exsist.

How do you know? Who are you?

I'm a person who dosn't belive everything I see and here. I'm a person who questions everything I know. I know for a fact, that contradictions, are not "special" in anyway, shape or form except that it totaly makes the bible even more unbelivable than it already is.

Yes, I'd be in for one HELL of a afterlife. You didn't answer my question though. I answered yours. What if he does exist?

If your god does exsist, than I would be screwed. But, I would rather be in hell than spend an enternity with a hypocritical deity.

On another note. Explain to me the ergonomics of Satanism.

If you mean a philospical satanist's view on god, it depends on the person. We make our own definition of what god is, if it be an Athesitc view on it, agnostic, or even if an actuall deity. I personaly am at a cross between athestic/agnostic view.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Currently I have no more time to search for tonight, butI'll find it in the morning.

Desert_Punk

Phoenix said:
Free will does not exist. Every decision we make is a combination of our genes, upbringing and experiences. Where else could we possibly make a decision from?

...so you're that part of what people decisions come from is in our genetics? thats bull crap...

the other things i can understand.

but please elaborate on the link between human decisions and genetics.

Angel Shards

I would kill for you &lt;3
Desert_Punk said:

Ever heard of pyschopaths? They can do the most horrible, haneous crimes and feel abosultely no guilt about it. They feel no mercy, to regret, etc.

Now why is that?

Chemical imbalances in the brain that affect the way they feel when they do something bad. In most cases it is due to genetics. Ever heard of Paul Bernado? The serial rapist/killer in Canada who killed a load of teen-age girls in sexually-violent way with his wife? Well, his dad frequently beat his mom and sexually assaulted her, and was in to hard-core drugs.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
purified_riku155 said:

So, you're basically saying we should believe in God out of fear? What a benevolent creator.

And I still say the bible has mistakes because it's the world's worst fantasy/science fiction novel ever written (Including Ron Hubbard's works).

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Yeah, back to my parenting story. My father will demand I do something. i have the choice to do it or not. i don't do it, I'm punished.

Think, God tells you to do something. If you throw it back in his face, is he going to jump up and down and give you a gift by letting you into heaven? I don't think so.

At least I can see the parent. I can see the gift. I can hear his words. Everybody else can. He can basically prove his own existance. I don't have to bow and kiss the parent's shows in order to receive the gift. I don't have to throw common sense to hell in order to get the gift. The parent isn't forcing me to change my beliefs. The parent isn't going to torture me for not receiving the gift. I don't have 100 parents offering me the same gift, 99 of them being false.

The analogy fails.

...so you're that part of what people decisions come from is in our genetics? thats bull crap...

the other things i can understand.

I hope you know personality traits are inherited. Never heard of twins being separated, then meeting each other again having a very similar personality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back