• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Contradictions" in the bible

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Remember hell? Yeah, that word that was used in place of Sheol, Tartarus, Gehenna, hades, etc? You don't think that's over-generalizing just a little bit?

Joy

Bronze Member
For the post in the topic. I never learned that God hated or resnted the Angel that was cast out of heaven (a.k.a. The Devil). More dissapointed in him.

THink of it like this. A father's teenage son goes against all the rules that the father has put down. The father kicks his son out of the house for a little bit. The father doesn't hate his son, he's just dissapointed in him. (The father being God and the son being the Devil)

Also, I wanted to point out something out. Everyone knows how the bible says God is all powerful and loves all of us. And a lot of people say, "If God is real, why doesn't he make all the suffering go away."
Now I used to agree with this 100%. Then I read the book Angels and Demons. In it, a guard is confused on this topic and asks a priest. The priest responds by asking if he has a son. The guard doesn't and the priest tells him to pretend he has an eight year old son. And then goes on to say that the guard would let his son ride a skateboard, he would warn him of the dangers that could occur. But he's not going to hover over his kid to make sure he's safe. He's going to let the kid fall, scrape his knee and learn from his mistakes.

After reading that, I was like amazed had closed minded I was. I never thought of God's relationship with mankind to be like a father and son.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Why the hell do christians compare scraped knees to starvation, the Holocaust, rape and torture?

Joy

Bronze Member
Why the hell are you saying I'm a christian? I'm only trying to give an exmaple I thought maybe that would help someone understand, even a little.

(Btw I'm more aethiest than anything. but I like see'ing everyone's point of view)

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Actually, I think I posted that in the wrong thread, because Flashchat is messing with all of my comp.

EDIT: Nope, right thread. Fine. Why do some people compare scraped knees to all that nasty stuff I said?

Last edited:

Joy

Bronze Member
Well, its to make something simpler. People ask about why doesn't God change things, and that is a simple answer to give them. it's something many people can relate to, well people that have children at least.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Then let's make the example better. Your 10-year old girl wants to play on the street. You know there's a serial rapist loose on the neighborhood. What do you do?

Joy

Bronze Member
I wouldn't let her go outside, either that or watch her. But that wouldn't count, would it? I see what you mean now.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Of course. But, in my mind, if God existed, he wouldn't interfere with *anything*. He would leave humans to themselves.

Joy

Bronze Member
Well, I was re-thinking me saying I'm aethiest. Im not, but I don't belong to any formal religion. So, my beliefs would determine that factor but it's about christianity.

Isn't that what i said before? THat whole exmaple was supporting what you just said.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
On that note, what does a parent do when he sees a teenanger beating up his kid? His kid never chose to be beat up, his free will was denied. A parent who wants his child to learn from his mistakes would let the child make the mistakes, not allow others to violate his free will.

Joy

Bronze Member
But think of it this way. If the parent beat up the teeanger, who would be learning the lesson? The teenager for beating up the kid or the kid for being beaten up?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
The parents won't beat up the teenanger, he will take his kid home to prevent any further beating up.

Joy

Bronze Member
I know osme parents that would deifnatley beat up the teenager.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Kinda illegal -_- Still, it proves God, even *if* he cares about his people, really has no attachment to individual human lives unless they're special, like Moses of Abraham.

Joy

Bronze Member
Not if the teenager is eightteen or nineteen. But yeah I know what you mean, it seems only certain individual are special. Totally goes against everyone being equal in God's eyes.

Edit: Well, i don't know if it would count as assault though.

Angel Shards

I would kill for you <3
God doesn't care about kids being beatne up....

Anyways, the Bible is *full* of contradictions. In fact, there is a very big contradiction in the creation story. It says on the first day God created light and THEN he created the sun on the fourth day.

Genesis 1:2-4
the earth was formless and desolate. The raging ocean that covered everything was engulfed in total darkness, and the Spirit of God was moving over the water. Then God commanded, "Let there be light" - and light appeared.

Genesis 1: 14-17
Then God commanded,"Let lights appear in the sky to seperate the day from night and to show the time when days, years, and religious festivals begin; they will shine in the sky and give light to the earth"- and it was done. So God made two larger lights, the sun to rule over the day and the moon to rule over the night; he also made the stars.

How the hell can you have light without the sun or the stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back