• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Contradictions" in the bible

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
jesus offers spiritual guidence to heaven, where you can play games as much as you want

There's nothing about playing games in the Bible. They say you will sing about how uber God is and how we're all happy sinners burn in hell. I personally dislike singing.

Oh, and correction, you have no idea what Jesus really said, the Bible says Jesus said that, when it's possible he did not. How do you know he didn't just preach love and kindness, and people corrupted him into the Christ and God in their writings?

edit: wasnt common sense the downfall of so many greek theories?

Your point?

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
There's nothing about playing games in the Bible. They say you will sing about how uber God is and how we're all happy sinners burn in hell. I personally dislike singing.

Oh, and correction, you have no idea what Jesus really said, the Bible says Jesus said that, when it's possible he did not. How do you know he didn't just preach love and kindness, and people corrupted him into the Christ and God in their writings?
uh, that was actually a respnse to the 'what has jesus dont for me' post.

Your point?
not much, really, just that common sense isnt always right. common sense to run froma bear, but you...actualy im not sure. i think you play dead though... but whatever.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
violent_anger said:

not much, really, just that common sense isnt always right. common sense to run froma bear, but you...actualy im not sure. i think you play dead though... but whatever.

...Do you know what common sense is?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards

Seeing as how we don't know if he actually did this "spiritual guidance", your post is empty.

not much, really, just that common sense isnt always right.

... by theories, I was thinking their belief that light was produced by human eyes, and things like that. What true theory has been "proven" wrong by common sense?

common sense to run froma bear, but you...actualy im not sure. i think you play dead though... but whatever.

.... wtf are you talking about? The bear is faster than you. How is that common sense?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
well, for one thing, isnt it comon sense that everything hasa parent? wouldnt that go against abiogenesis?

No, it's common sense anything modern has a parents. But it's also common sense life has a beggining, as it is common sense the most simple creature had to be a primitive bacteria that came forth by natural reactions.

What you said wasn't common sense, that was christian logic. But apply it to God if you like it. God must have a parent then.

and pho, i grew up learning that dinosuars died millions of years ago, it that wrong then?

When did I refute that?

violent_anger

No, it's common sense anything modern has a parents. But it's also common sense life has a beggining, as it is common sense the most simple creature had to be a primitive bacteria that came forth by natural reactions.

What you said wasn't common sense, that was christian logic. But apply it to God if you like it. God must have a parent then.
so all things modern had parents? then what were the things that were not modern like? even archeabacteria have parents

edit: and if god and evolution can both be questioned like that, wouldnt that make evolution a religion?

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
violent_anger said:
so all things modern had parents? then what were the things that were not modern like? even archeabacteria have parents

edit: and if god and evolution can both be questioned like that, wouldnt that make evolution a religion?

No, because you don't need faith for it to be real and exsist like christianity or anyother one >_>

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards

Anything that is alive today is modern.

"How to make a pizza" can also be questioned like that, and it's not a religion.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
...right... so you dont need faith to beleive that none living complex molecules were abel to form simple living organism?

No, you need proof, which we have, but you keep ignoring.

edit: but a pizza is not living, and surprisingly, it cant form by itself after 15billion years

Ooh, and neither can God. My point was that you're trying to see a non-existant analogy.

violent_anger

so in sumary, itsa hypothesis and they made 2 amino acids in the lab.

and pho, i thought that regarding the second law of thermodynamics, then in order for order to rise from chaos, energy would have to be used by someone, and that randomly aplying energy would break things down more

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
so in sumary, itsa hypothesis and they made 2 amino acids in the lab.

The experiments proved that random inorganic processes create organic molecules. I think our problem is you're being to vague. What part of abiogenesis do you think is impossible?

and pho, i thought that regarding the second law of thermodynamics, then in order for order to rise from chaos, energy would have to be used by someone, and that randomly aplying energy would break things down more

I hate how creationists rape the second law of thermodynamics:

1. The second law of thermodynamics says no such thing. It says that heat will not spontaneously flow from a colder body to a warmer one or, equivalently, that total entropy (a measure of useful energy) in a closed system will not decrease. This does not prevent increasing order because

* the earth is not a closed system; sunlight (with low entropy) shines on it and heat (with higher entropy) radiates off. This flow of energy, and the change in entropy that accompanies it, can and will power local decreases in entropy on earth.
* entropy is not the same as disorder. Sometimes the two correspond, but sometimes order increases as entropy increases. (Aranda-Espinoza et al. 1999; Kestenbaum 1998) Entropy can even be used to produce order, such as in the sorting of molecules by size (Han and Craighead 2000).
* even in a closed system, pockets of lower entropy can form if they are offset by increased entropy elsewhere in the system.

In short, order from disorder happens on earth all the time.

2. The only processes necessary for evolution to occur are reproduction, heritable variation, and selection. All of these are seen to happen all the time, so, obviously, no physical laws are preventing them. In fact, connections between evolution and entropy have been studied in depth, and never to the detriment of evolution (Demetrius 2000).

Several scientists have proposed that evolution and the origin of life is driven by entropy (McShea 1998). Some see the information content of organisms subject to diversification according to the second law (Brooks and Wiley 1988), so organisms diversify to fill empty niches much as a gas expands to fill an empty container. Others propose that highly ordered complex systems emerge and evolve to dissipate energy (and increase overall entropy) more efficiently (Schneider and Kay 1994).

3. Creationists themselves admit that increasing order is possible. They introduce fictional exceptions to the law to account for it.

4. Creationists themselves make claims that directly contradict their claims about the second law of thermodynamics, such as hydrological sorting of fossils during the Flood.

violent_anger

ah, i apologize for the thermodynamics thing, as for abiogenesis, i already posted that in intel. now about contradictions in the bible, like i was saying, alot of words have changed meaning, i mean, alot of words didnt even exist back in the 1600s, when the king james bible was made.

oh, and that one prophet who rode the chariot of fire into heaven, this is just what my church thinks, but aparently, jesus opened the gates of heaven, so everyone else, moses, solomon, all the prophets, they were at the gates of heaven, waiting for jesus to unlock the doors, so the prophet went to heaven, but he never went inside

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
now about contradictions in the bible, like i was saying, alot of words have changed meaning, i mean, alot of words didnt even exist back in the 1600s, when the king james bible was made.

A God that allows his Holy Book to be corrupted, and then burns people for not believing in the perfection of an imperfect book is a joker who has no regard for humans.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
You think translations are easy like that? No, many words are mistranslated because the word for such a thing simply doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back