• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Contradictions" in the bible

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
im not atheist, so i cant say why, youll need one of them to tell you.

and i already told you. trinity says father, son and holy spirit are all equal, but the father cant be equal to the son. the trinity didnt even exist until the thrid century, whena bishop thought of it.

as for hell, its wasnt exactly disproved, it was just proved that the bible didnt say much about it, so we dont know what its like.

oh and pho, if you dont mind, could you tell me what lucifer and satan are? i know their different(andi think their wasa thrid one, the fourth one being leviathan, i think) but what are they

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
as for hell, its wasnt exactly disproved, it was just proved that the bible didnt say much about it, so we dont know what its like.

Wrong, don't sugar coat it, we prove the Bible says sinners will die, not be tortured. The world "torture" apparently doesn't even appear in the Bible.

oh and pho, if you dont mind, could you tell me what lucifer and satan are? i know their different(andi think their wasa thrid one, the fourth one being leviathan, i think) but what are they

Lucifer was a Babylonian King, Satan is one of God's angels and his job is to tempt man and be his accuser.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
I think I'll chock the Trinity contradictions to human error or perhaps a misinterpritation (Sorry, I'm just stubborn. What you're saying makes sense, but I've got a whole childhood for your logic to contend with.), but I'll look into the matter of Hell.
Thanks for being so tolerant of me.

~Fenris Etheral

and i already told you. trinity says father, son and holy spirit are all equal, but the father cant be equal to the son. the trinity didnt even exist until the thrid century, whena bishop thought of it.
Doesn't God also proclaim that everyone's equal in his eyes? I'm thinking moreover that the equalisty of the Trinity refers to the rights of it's three points, not power or status or something.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I'm not asking you to believe me, I'm asking you to check for yourself. The only reason you believe that is because your parents taught you, and the only reason the believe it is because of their parents, and so on until we see the Catholics butchering "witches".

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
I'm not asking you to believe me, I'm asking you to check for yourself. The only reason you believe that is because your parents taught you, and the only reason the believe it is because of their parents, and so on until we see the Catholics butchering "witches".
You're probably right, although the witch thing doesn't really apply. That's human error, and was brought about by individuals for their own twisted reasons. Unless, of course, the religion becomes corrupt along with the people...
Well, I'll look into it, regardless. I've gotten this talk before, actually, although last time it was by a group of stoners sitting behind me in a George Webs...
~Fenris Etheral

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Ah...the old Christian failsafe of "only God can understan."

Humans are fallable. It's not really a secret. They can understand, but they can also screw up. I don't have complete faith in God, assuming that there is a God, but I believe that he's at least better than humans (which, since Jesus was technically a human, kinda disproves the whole Holy Trinity thing...Ugh...I'm confused...)...
You know what, forget it. I don't know enough about my own religion to keep this up ._.
~Fenris Etheral

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Fenris Etheral said:
You know what, forget it. I don't know enough about my own religion to keep this up ._.

...but that's okay, because Christian doctrine doesn't need to make sense, because it has a god to do the thinking for it.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
...but that's okay, because Christian doctrine doesn't need to make sense, because it has a god to do the thinking for it.
And I'm assuming you're an atheisit, almost as a means of being lazy, doing nothing with life because you expect nothing to come from your efforts.
The fact alone that I'm actually questioning the bible is proof enough that you're just being a jackass, Square >_>
~Fenris Etheral

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
The point was, Fenris, that you don't believe it because it's the truth, you believe it because you were taught it. Like Santa Claus.

violent_anger

i grew up witht he trinity too, but i learned it wasnt real. and i laready told you about my friend. he's philipeno(sp?) every now and then he takes his bible to school, and he doubts the trinity too. and ease up on the kid, pho, you know how kids are when they find out santa cluas isnt real(which he actually was, ina way, but he died a loooong time ago) you cant expect him to act well to it.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
i grew up witht he trinity too, but i learned it wasnt real. and i laready told you about my friend. he's philipeno(sp?) every now and then he takes his bible to school, and he doubts the trinity too. and ease up on the kid, pho, you know how kids are when they find out santa cluas isnt real(which he actually was, ina way, but he died a loooong time ago) you cant expect him to act well to it.

No, but I expect them to make a decent simple connection.

"All my life, I've been told Santa is real, but he is not."

"All my life, I've been told God is real, __________.

It's fill in the blanks, really.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I don't see proof for a singular figure doing that, assuming those specific slaves existed, either.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
So, wait, now you're saying that not only the bible's wrong, but that the history that has been evangelized to us is false, too? Sorry, Phoenix, I really need proof for that last bit >_>.

As for the Santa metaphor thing, I'd already said that I'd look into it, and I did admit to believing what I do simply because it's what I've grown up with, so I don't think there's much point carrying on with that...
~Fenris Etheral

violent_anger

you know, santa really did exist. saint nicholas, he rode donkeys and droped bags of gold down chimneys. of course hes dead now. and has been for a looong time.

and pho, you know that alot of history has been lost, the history of the slaves could have been lost as well. and the time of the phaoroh ramses only makes that more likely

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
So, wait, now you're saying that not only the bible's wrong, but that the history that has been evangelized to us is false, too? Sorry, Phoenix, I really need proof for that last bit >_>.

To the contrary, you have to find proof for such events. I can't disprove parts of the Bible because they're not science, so facts matter little to them.

you know, santa really did exist. saint nicholas, he rode donkeys and droped bags of gold down chimneys. of course hes dead now. and has been for a looong time.

And Jesus may have been a man who helped the poor and preached love. But both Santa and Jesus have been glorified as legends. We know the magical Santa Claus is false. Same for Jesus.

and pho, you know that alot of history has been lost, the history of the slaves could have been lost as well. and the time of the phaoroh ramses only makes that more likely

Convenient excuse, but that would've have left gaps in later or previous Egyptian history. These gaps do not appear.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
violent_anger said:
sorry, but i dont think santa can be put on the same level as jesus. i cant imagine santa dieing for all of humanity

Actually, I think Santa is way better than jesus. Santa brings me presents every year. What does jesus do for me? Nothing really, he hasn't done anything for well over 2000 >_>. I don't really think he did anyting except teach people a couple good morals.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
sorry, but i dont think santa can be put on the same level as jesus. i cant imagine santa dieing for all of humanity

Oh, but of course, because, using this logic, the more illogical and incredible a legend sounds, the more of a chance it's real down to the last detail? So a fat man giving presents every year is absolutely ridiculous, but a man, who was god at the same time, died and got resurrected after 3 days in a fact?

Lemme guess, christian logic > common sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back