• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Contradictions" in the bible

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Phoenix said:
I hope you know personality traits are inherited. Never heard of twins being separated, then meeting each other again having a very similar personality?

GASP! You mean, our brain is made by DNA too? :0

.:Game Master:.

The Black Samurai
First off, no hating in this thread, I just want to know what others think.
-------------------------------
With that said and done, is the bible contradicting itself? I think I found one, and I'll put why I think it is...

God created angels, yes? They were made to love God for eternity, not questioning why. Heres what I don't get, he also created Lucifer, the one who would later try and become greater than God himself. Wouldn't that mean he hated him then?

Back-up #1: "Maybe the bible has some contradictions"
My bible teacher tells me it doesn't contradict itself, yet heres one, a major contradiction.

Back-up#2: " Maybe the angels had a choice?"
If they had a choice, then the bible is lying to us, as it is never mentioned. Also, if they really did have the choice to either love God or not, then why did he create us?

Back-up#3: " So what if the bible made a little mistake, it was only off by one angel."
That would still be a contradiction, and that one angel would become evil incarnate, one-third of the angels joining him.

Back-up#4: " What if Lucifer/satan still loves God?"
He is pulling all his resources to abolish Christianity in all its forms, thus removing God, I would not say he loved him. He's not even trying to convert everyone into satanism, he just wants Christianity gone...

Feel free to discuss this here, and also post the contradictions you found...

First off, the bible is interpretted in many different ways... some literal and some spiritual/symbolic. The bible also had errors coming over to the English language.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
First off, the bible is interpretted in many different ways... some literal and some spiritual/symbolic.

Good old christian logic. If you find a contradiction, you're reading it wrong. How very scientific.

The bible also had errors coming over to the English language.

Oh, trust me, it has better, much more interesting, contradictions in Hebrew.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
First off, the bible is interpretted in many different ways... some literal and some spiritual/symbolic.

Good old christian logic. If you find a contradiction, you're reading it wrong. How very scientific.

The bible also had errors coming over to the English language.

Oh, trust me, it has better, much more interesting, contradictions in Hebrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back