• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Consoles Vs. Handhelds

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you prefer your gaming experience on a console or a handheld?

• Consoles

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Handhelds

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No preference-depends on the games

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

denizenofevil

Sorry if there's already a thread like this but I was a little curious to see some people's preferences. Do you prefer your gaming experience on a console or on a handheld? I get the assumption that lots of people (especially here) seem to prefer consoles since they complain about KH being put on handhelds. Now is this because they hate handhelds or is it more about the quality of games?

I actually prefer my gaming experiences on handhelds. I like having the freedom to walk around or play without having to sit in front of a tv. I'm also not really a stickler for graphics provided that the game is fun. I tend to get motion sickness when playing games on a bigger sized tv so that may also point me towards gaming on a handheld. Which do you prefer?

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Consoles win. I get sick of holding my handhelds and straining my eyes. Better games for the consoles too.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Sorry, I focus on the games themselves. As long as they are executed properly on their respective consoles, I have no real preference.

Except that Okami should go to PS3, but that's pretty much it.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i play the game not the system.
also this place needs a poll.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Handhelds are convenient but most of the time, concerning video games, I get more enjoyment from a console

impart

Climb The Sky
Consoles. half the fun is to sit in my designated game chair and just play

hand helds have to be charged all the damn time and people think its more okay to talk to you while you're playing them.

IT IS NOT OKAY
I get left alone more when im playing on the tv, besides whenever I play on handhelds I never move anyways.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
hand helds have to be charged all the damn time and people think its more okay to talk to you while you're playing them.

oh no i have to play my handheld with the charger plugged fuuuuck meeeee

anyway i think we've seen more creativity and just overall better games lately from the handhelds, but yeah, a good game is a good game. doesn't matter the medium.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
What a toss up... I like being able to switch positions and sit anywhere with my hand held but I feel like my console is a more enveloping experience. Also my hand held hurts my wrist after too long and my console hurts my eyes. Lol.

denizenofevil

Okay, I just figured out how to put up a poll... so go vote so my vote isn't the only one up there.

My eyes definitely feel strained after playing on my PSP for too long. For some reason, I have no issue with my DS but my hands, arms, and wrists feel pretty crummy after playing for a while. Still, it's a choice between that, and playing on the console for maybe an hour before feeling like I have to puke. You guys who don't have that motion sickness problem are so darn lucky...

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Consol games but really it just depends on if you're at home (consol) or not (at school) (handheld) and games can be awsome to handhelds, BBS was the best game ever

Relix

A traveler
Awards
It really depends on the game but I'm really starting to like the handheld releases. I just might buy a 3DS :(

Macabre

Gold Member
No, because the way you said it before made it seem like you were saying you'll play a game regardless of the quality.

Check before you post.

Darkwing_Duck

Doesn't matter much to me. A good game is a good game. It's that simple for me.

Though I must admit, I played more on my DS than on my consoles the past 2 years. Don't know why, I just really like the games for DS.

O

Oberon

For me, it's handhelds. My brother grew up on consoles and I grew up mostly on gameboy/GBA/DS.

Though I wish I was more intune with console gaming, I really love games like Persona and Sly. Animal Crossing and SSBB ftw, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back