• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Brand new fresh theory on the meaning BBS.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xickae

Brand new fresh theory on the meaning BBS.

I'm gonna try to make this a little different from all thus far, so let's go.

Let begin saying the obvious: no one is already born a KB (key bearer) so I think VAT and Mickey where chosen to be KB when they had woken up from a dream therefore Birth By Sleep (Birth of KB). I'm gonna explain better.

In the first game Sora becomes the KB two days after having that dream (the tutorial). I think that dream isn't just a tutorial for us player, but also for Sora, it's like preparing Sora to the battles he was about to face.
Attention!!!! I'm nor saying Kingdom Key was meant to be Sora's at first, I believe the dream was to show Sora he would face darkness, also I believe Riku had a similar dream he just never mentioned nothing (it's not like Riku would talk about a dream) the difference is that Riku's dream was meant to prepare Riku to wield the keyblade, but he gave in to the darkness and the KK was passed to Sora blablabla you all know that.

Based on what I said up here I came with this:
VAT and Mickey, as I said, like everyone weren't born KB, but came a time when darkness was becoming so powerful and needed not one but 4 heroes to defeat this darkness and chose VAT and Mickey. Before they could bear the keyblades they had similar dreams as Sora, the only difference is that they woke up already bearing the keylades or instead if dream road, shield and sword they had the keyblades they would bear.

Before questioning let me explain Mickey part in that:
We all know he was Yen Sid's learner, but what was he learning with Yen Sid?? I think at first he was just learning about magic (what it is, not how to use), the other worlds, Gummie Ships and how to travel from world to world, and after he received Star Seeker, he learn how to use magic with a keyblade (like Merlin did with Sora, an example of it is that pearl attack Mickey has in KH2).

PS.: also no one is born with a strong heart. During life people can make their hearts strong by their actions (courage, care for things, protect what is important, act by reason, resist temptations, never give their dreams...).

Conclusion: I think BBS means that KB where born by sleep when they were need the most.

This is my theory. Fell free to say whatever you want about it, just refreshing one thing: KB in this thread doesn't mean keyblade but actually KEY BEARERS.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
Interesting.

Nevertheless, I've always had a notion that the meaning of 'Birth by sleep' refers to the birth of darkness, and the light that sleeps deep within the innermost darkness. Your theory is interesting, however, I'm more inclined to believe what I've written.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Ok I do have a a few issues with this theory I'd like to discuss with you if that's alright. If it's not too bad Im saying it anyways!
no one is already born a KB
I disagree with this. Why? Well let me explain to you then
A statement that is comonly used in BBS talkings is...
Distant Past... Sleep gives birth to a hidden fate.

There's also another thing, I can't find it as of yet, but All Fate is predetermined.

Sora getting the Keyblade was already set instone basically. Yes we know that Riku was supposed to be the keyblade master because of the names. The names are what burn ur theory up completely infact.

Terra - Earth
Ven - Wind
Aqua - Water

Riku - Land
Sora - Sky
Kairi - Ocean

Now, those childern were born with those names. They're parent's gave it to them. But it was pretty much pre-destined that they would be the next weilders of the keyblade.
Before you say it.
His Magesty, I know... Ok we know now Kairi has a keyblade. Riku gave her one, in my thoughts Mickey will give his keyblade to her, cause... it's fate. It's Destiny!
KH is very much based on destinys U can't deny that...

also no one is born with a strong heart. During life people can make their hearts strong by their actions
I think yes, be cause it all comes to the pre-destined thing again, It was Sora's destiny to become keyblade master, You can argue all you like but it was FATE that Riku gave his heart into darkness, It was always going to happen!

Sorry about that, I need to be a bit more convinced, A nicely structured theory, fairly well-thought out but not quite enough for me to agree...

Mainly I think cause you forgot the pre-destined thing. And all the other stuff KH stands for about all Lives and Journeys are all pre-desterned. Fate always wins I'm afraid...

I think BBS means that KB where born by sleep when they were need the most.
I don't think Sora's parents would like you... :p
The keyblade choses it's master, we know this. The keyblade CHOSE Sora! It was in his destiny to become a keyblade master, I guess sorta it means The Keyblade helped shape Sora's destiny.

Last edited:

.Oji

赤いテキスト
There's also another thing, I can't find it as of yet, but All Fate is predetermined.

Correct. I believe you're thinking about the cryptic message in the KH2FM+ teaser trailer. The translation is the following: "A tale of sealed truth. There are no coincidence in fate. All fate is predetermined - fate has been waiting for a long time..."

There are many translations which worded it differently, but they all are practically saying the same thing.

xickae

SeaSalt IceCream I agree with you but it's nothing like I forgot about pre-determination, I just don't like to think about it whenever I'm making a theory because this blows up every single theory that can possibly be. I rather think that all happened not because of fate but actually "convenience" or you don't like to think about "what if Riku hadn't given up to darkness?" or "what if Sora's name had some other meaning than wind" or things like that??? I don't know about you, but hat's how I think.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
it's nothing like I forgot about pre-determination
In my opinion that makes it worse. It just proves you already KNEW you're wrong but you chose to ignore it anyway...

I just don't like to think about it whenever I'm making a theory because this blows up every single theory that can possibly be.
Not really, I've read a few theories that actually haven't been messed up by the who fate is pre-determined. I just telling you that if you KNOW the fate issue than you shouldn't say in your theory that it isn't so. Cause well you yourself just said it is! lol. Personally I go through tons of theories in my head, then I try and burn em myself. If I manage, I scrap the theory or work a way around it. I don't ignore the facts, I surgest you don't either.

I rather think that all happened not because of fate
True you can choose how you think but just cause of choice it doesn't rule out the facts,
It's like a person chooses to smoke even though it has been proven that cigarettes kill you. Ignoring the facts don't make them go away im afraid.

or you don't like to think about "what if Riku hadn't given up to darkness?" or "what if Sora's name had some other meaning than wind" or things like that??? I don't know about you, but hat's how I think.
No I don't really, I don't like to think of "what ifs" if there's no chance upon happening. There's no point on worrying about stuff that can't really happen. I'd rather worry about the things that might or could happen. :)

Last edited:

Xuan

FanFic Slayer, K.Theorist
Both person are wrong (Usually I use dudes, but since Seasalt's a girl... if she is a girl in reality). One thought everything's fated and destinied while the other ignored fate and destiny. Which is why Nomura made this statement, to clear up this problem.

'Coincidence in fate'

Sora became a Keyblade Wielder was a coincidence in fate. He wasn't meant at first to be the Keyblade Wielder, Riku was the one meant to be and destinied as well, but there coincidence happened and Sora became the Keyblade Wielder instead.

YOU MUST REMEMBER ONE THING. Not everything follows according to fate. As not everything could go against fate. Someone might be destinied to do something, but he might ended up somewhere else. Someone might try to avoid his fate, but in the end he would follow his fate. Coincidence in fate my friends.

SeaSalt talks like a gangster sometimes. Take things too seriously >>

Remember this as well: Fate lies in OUR hands.

Revanant Sora

I really like your Theory on this. But I have to agree with SeaSalt Ice Cream on most of it.

Good though ^^

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Usually I use dudes, but since Seasalt's a girl... if she is a girl in reality
]
Yes I am a chick in reality, lol
Im glad you've learned Xuan... XD

YOU MUST REMEMBER ONE THING. Not everything follows according to fate. As not everything could go against fate. Someone might be destinied to do something, but he might ended up somewhere else. Someone might try to avoid his fate, but in the end he would follow his fate. Coincidence in fate my friends.
No, No No....
You are forgetting somthing,
Fate always was ment to happen.
Accidents were always ment to happen that's what fate is!
Things that may seem to occur by coincedence are still fate!
It was fate for those things to ocurr,
Everything was done,
It was SRK's destiny,
It was VAT's destiny to lose.
DESTINY!

Sora became a Keyblade Wielder was a coincidence in fate.
LOL FATE is a key word here, FATE!
Coincidence maybe but even though it was a coincidence it was fate for it to be a coincidence. It occured, It has been said, "All fates are pre-determined."

No you go the translations wrong anyway Xuan, Read above, it has been said
There are NO coincidence in fate.
In otherwords, things don't just happen, they were planned from the beginning!

SeaSalt talks like a gangster sometimes. Take things too seriously >>
I certainly do not!
I just don't like people thinking they have an alright working theory when it doesn't!
I mean hey I just made an ice-cream theory gosh I never thought it was serrious at all!

Fate lies in OUR hands.
No it doesn't.... fate means that it was already was known you'd make that mistake. Sora Riku and Kairi was born a keybladers, the names prove the statement.

Revanant Sora

Oh, one more thing ^^

I think Yen Sid knew that King Mickey was going to a Keyblade Weilder, as SeaSalt Ice Cream said, it could have been Destiny. So he decided to train Mickey because he knew he had a long and important Journey ahead for him, so therefor I think that's why maybe he trained Mickey.

Just a Theory. ^^

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
The names... prove that?

=.="
It does.
The meaning of them does,
It shows they were pre-decendant keybladers.
After VAT.
You can't say their parent's coincidently did this,
They didn't know their children would group up to be heros of the universe, I mean gosh one child even came from an entirely different world!
It was fate,
The children's names were chosen by fate

Aqua/Kairi Water and Ocean
Terra/Riku Earth and Land
Ven/Sora Wind and Sky.

The parents had no idea, FATE was what gave SRK their names,

think Yen Sid knew that King Mickey was going to a Keyblade Weilder, as SeaSalt Ice Cream said, it could have been Destiny. So he decided to train Mickey because he knew he had a long and important Journey ahead for him, so therefor I think that's why maybe he trained Mickey.
Quite possible,
I mean often magicians can see the future, it's almost liek an un-written law of disney :)

Xuan

FanFic Slayer, K.Theorist
mm... I guess no matter how I reason you won't understand anyway, cause this isn't something that I could explain in words... (Sobs harder when I think of my 'Happy Dreams' KH Short Story.)

There is always two ways in everything. Fate is one of them. Whether fate was fullfilled, or not fullfilled. If you got read Harry Potter (oo I love broken English once in a darn while), you should know a quote, "Not all prophecies are fullfilled." There is nothing that's perfect. What you're suggesting is a PERFECT fate. And that alone is impossible, sorry.

Revanant Sora

Quite possible,
I mean often magicians can see the future, it's almost liek an un-written law of disney :)[COLOR

I'm glad that popped up in my head. I just thought of that. Even King Mickey said that Yen Sid was quite powerful.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
There is always two ways in everything. Fate is one of them. Whether fate was fullfilled, or not fullfilled. If you got read Harry Potter (oo I love broken English once in a darn while), you should know a quote, "Not all prophecies are fullfilled." There is nothing that's perfect. What you're suggesting is a PERFECT fate. And that alone is impossible, sorry.
Oh gosh no!
I never read HP! Ick....
There is no such thing as a PERFECT fate no, but I don't think it's what you mean.
In Kingdom Hearts it has been said, Fate is all Pre-determined.
It's been said we aren't talking HP here, I used that cause I said it was weird sounding like it. lol.
So Im talking KH terms here.
A perfect fate would be a happy ending no?
Well no Im not saying fate brings happy endings at all infact I've said almost the exact opposite. Look at VAT for a start.
Im saying that what happened durning BBS was FATE it was their DESTINY. Riku's DESTINY was to fall to the darkness, then climb up again. Sora's destiny was to get the keyblade. It all happens for a reason. It was to break the chain.

i get it so by Birth By Sleep u mean the awakening of the keyblade bearer's power through dreams...i like it
lol I don't
They'd have to have a dream AFTER their mummies and daddies named em, so the fate was already set in stone. It was already going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back