• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bloodborne

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Re: Bloodborne - "I never thought I'd cry so hard at seeing a lantern"

Apparently there's a glitch that if you leave the game on/running for hours on end (like 12ish) enemies' movesets become very simple. There was an article on it I read.

Anyway, excited to finally find time and play it this coming weekend! So pumped, to die. And again. and again

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

That wasn't it. He didn't attack. He literally just stood there. I would attack and he would stay stationary. I didn't even attack him. He just sort of appeared in Old Yharnam, ran around in circles, chased me inside, and stood still for the rest of his life.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Ugh, I want to play this game so bad, but I won't have a TV until the weekend.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Finished DMC's platinum this weekend, so I'll be starting this this week finally. Probably tonight some time.

Kleenex at the ready.

Hell, I'm gonna have some Brawny at the ready

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Y'all are underwhelming me

when I cop this I'm getting a shop towel

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

So...um, was Blood Starved Beast suppose to be difficult? I keep hearing that but killing it at my third attempt makes it seem, I don't know, underwhelming?

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Y'all are underwhelming me

when I cop this I'm getting a shop towel

4c56057e030bbb4c25f568a4d91dbb510a674a9225204d43ec1cf24da5802a3a.jpg

I'm honestly so anxious for this week to end so I can get time to playing this. It's been sitting in its case since release day not being touched. So sad

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Got around to playing it. Been getting my ass kicked. Haven't even made it to the first boss yet and just lost thousands of blood echoes.

Yarp

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

You don't know the pain of losing souls until you lose 30k souls.

I thought the Bagmen were terrible. I found my new arch nemesis.

Snake Men. Eff the Snake Men to the ground.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I'm not even close to those things, never even heard of them.

I just beat Father G and Cleric Beast, found the Catheral Lanturn and somehow found the Old Yarnham place. And supposed to open some gates, kinda lost haha

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I meant around the cathedral. I talked to some Alex I think his name was too. I'm kind of following a road map and it's saying to open some gates then meet up with Eileen again and kill her.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

I meant around the cathedral. I talked to some Alex I think his name was too. I'm kind of following a road map and it's saying to open some gates then meet up with Eileen again and kill her.

whoawhoawhoawhoa

What bloody guide are you using that says to kill Eileen the Crow? Don't do that.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

whoawhoawhoawhoa

What bloody guide are you using that says to kill Eileen the Crow? Don't do that.

I'm going for all the weapons and she has a badge to get a weapon I read. I saw there was another way without killing her but it was more involved

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

I'm going for all the weapons and she has a badge to get a weapon I read. I saw there was another way without killing her but it was more involved

And if you kill her you will miss out on the Highest Bolt Resistance armor set, the gestures she gives out, a rune, and a PvP covenant. There are far more rewards if you just wait. There is hardly any effort put into her questline.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

And if you kill her you will miss out on the Highest Bolt Resistance armor set, the gestures she gives out, a rune, and a PvP covenant. There are far more rewards if you just wait. There is hardly any effort put into her questline.

Oh shoot, good call then. I printed out some trophy guide road map but maybe I'll just put some cash into getting the official guide book

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

Oh shoot, good call then. I printed out some trophy guide road map but maybe I'll just put some cash into getting the official guide book

I don't mean to be condescending or rude, but it really is better to play these games without the help of a guide. Unofficial Souls guides often aim for the easiest and quickest rewards possible -- and in doing so, miss the greater significance of the player's choices, diminish the game's storytelling, and lock the player out of better rewards that require more time.

Frankly, a "trophy guide road map" sounds like it does all of those things.
Far be it from me to tell you the "correct way" to play the game, but why not spend your first playthrough exploring as it feels natural to you? One-hundred-percent completion can always come later.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

That may be, but I don't have nearly as much leisure time as I used to so I like to get as substantial first playthrough as I can get going in then if I still need 100% I can go back when I have time since I won't have to worry about story spoilers and what not.

I do understand where you're coming from, had I the time I definitely would go without guidance (and I'm really not having much guidance, just weapon locations and super brief checkpoint things like "talk to X around this location" and such).

And I'm just one of those people who like to have a plan in mind, back before internet guides were more prevalent, I would always have the official guide for most every game I own, the artwork sometimes included would always be a bonus.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Started playing it this past weekend. Went with the Waste of Skin class and offline mode. Latest boss I've beaten is the Blood-Starved Beast. Vicar Amelia kicked my ass twice so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back