• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bloodborne

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Re: Bloodborne- From Software's next game (demon's souls spiritual successor) Spring 2015

Wasn't really hyped about this game until I finished Demon's Souls which is the best souls game I've ever played and since this is a spiritual successor, it better be as good as the original. And they better give me back my MP bar or I might cry.

From the sounds of it, they seem to be getting inspiration from the first two games which is great imo. Not too happy about the stricter levelling system in this game though. I've started using a dex/int character and that made the games a whole lot more fun for me. I like being able to use a katana and magic. D:

This game looks stunning so far.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Re: Bloodborne- From Software's next game (demon's souls spiritual successor) Spring 2015

Wasn't really hyped about this game until I finished Demon's Souls which is the best souls game I've ever played and since this is a spiritual successor, it better be as good as the original.

i generally prefer das1 but demon's souls did do a couple of things better, mainly in the way it conveyed its story and the powerful horror atmosphere that pervades every level. tower of latria is one of the best locations in the series.

i'm sad that i probably won't be getting a ps4, because i have a strong feeling this is basically going to be everything dark souls 2 should have been. not having miyazaki or the a team involved clearly hurt that game a lot.

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b

Multiplayer details:

-Disease Strain = covenant system; you are given some initial options on what strain of Bloodborne's plague your character is infected with. There are upsides and downsides to each strain.
-The disease exists in the player's heart; if they lose healthy bloodflow to their heart, the player is consumed by their disease and it is "game over."
-The player treats their disease at a Shrine (hub area), where they use the Estus-equivalent Blood Vials and Blood Packs to keep their heart pumping healthy blood.
-You can change plague strains at a Shrine if you find different ones; you obtain different strains by killing the greater Beast bosses they are associated with.

-Each covenant is aligned with a particular Beast transformation (giant snake, giant spider, etc); keeping your own Heart healthy also increases the strength of the associated Beast boss for other players.
-The objective when invading other worlds is to gather blood to strengthen your strain's Beast
-If you strengthen your Heart enough, you can play as your strain's particular boss.

-One particular covenant offers the permanent, game-altering choice to transform your character into a Beast with its own unique moveset and mechanics

-Spots where Hunter's die can spawn tough mini-boss Beast enemies (Red Phantom equivalent); the form these mini-boss Beasts take depends on the strain of the plague the dead Hunter was infected with.

-When fighting in co-op, the host cannot use Blood Vials to heal.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Why aren't we talking about this more? It comes out tomorrow and already has a 94 on metacritic! Get hype people!!

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

Why aren't we talking about this more? It comes out tomorrow and already has a 94 on metacritic! Get hype people!!

Because at the moment, its a PS4 exclusive, and no one is going to buy a PS4 just for that game, Miyazaki-FromSoft kawaii desu rpg perfection or no, regardless of how good Bloodborne is.

Never played either of the Souls games, but I understand Dark Souls you die left and right, is Demon's Soul like at all? Cause I'm wondering if this game would be similar in how often you die/difficulty.

Level of Difficulty = Dark Souls II < Dark Souls = Demon Souls < Bloodborne
Imo Dark Souls II is easier for new players to the Souls series, though I'd still recommend starting with Dark Souls, then playing Dark Souls II. Demon Souls is afaik still a PS3 exclusive.

Really really hoping they port Bloodborne to PC and McBoxOne, if not, then it's whatever, pretty sure Bloodborne would be #1 purchase item on Steam for at least two to three weeks, depending on if and when it is ported.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Ordered from Amazon, so it'll be here today, but I may not get around to it for a few weeks. Loving DMC at the moment.

Because at the moment, its a PS4 exclusive, and no one is going to buy a PS4 just for that game, Miyazaki-FromSoft kawaii desu rpg perfection or no, regardless of how good Bloodborne is.

What? You realize PS4's killing the charts right? No one with a PS4 bought one just for Bloodborne. Don't be stupid.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards

Looks good. When I eventually decide to get a PS4 I'll give this one a go.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Amazon France Lists Bloodborne for PC - IGN

Well that's interesting. Doubt it's true since they've said other PS4 exclusives were coming to PC before.

Going to get my copy now. Probably not gonna play it for awhile but gonna pick it up nonetheless

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

What? You realize PS4's killing the charts right? No one with a PS4 bought one just for Bloodborne. Don't be stupid.

I know, but there's always that 1% that only like x game, etc. Different strokes for different folks.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Re: Bloodborne - "I never thought I'd cry so hard at seeing a lantern"

best

souls

game

to

date.

dark souls 2 sucked hella dick. easy as diddly with champ convenant on and garbage ass level design and progression.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Re: Bloodborne - "I never thought I'd cry so hard at seeing a lantern"

the more i read about this game the more i value $65. if anyone works at gamestop and needs dirty work done, hit me up.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

Is this a joke?

Plenty of people are buying a PS4 regardless of this game (it is steamrolling the sales charts) and even more are going to buy it now that this game is out.

Also yeah, this game is fucking incredible. Might be the best "Souls" game ever.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

Is this a joke?

Plenty of people are buying a PS4 regardless of this game (it is steamrolling the sales charts) and even more are going to buy it now that this game is out.

Also yeah, this game is diddlying incredible. Might be the best "Souls" game ever.

I know, but there's always that 1% that only like x game, etc. Different strokes for different folks.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back