• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bloodborne

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Everything I've heard negative towards BB was washed away clean when people started playing through the Old Hunters DLC. If you like bathing in blood but hate Chalice Dungeons, imo the DLC is worth getting - Fromsoft hasn't disappointed yet in the Soulsborne series when it comes to DLC. Dark Souls II had similar issues of negativity until the Scholar of the First Sin DLC dropped, nowadays most people only hate on it because it isn't "the flawed masterpiece that is Dark Souls I."

Most of my negativity is from being unable to get the platinum without trogging through that annoyance. Otherwise, yeah I've heard the DLC is fantastic, and I'll probably get it sometime this year

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
For a long time I have had great interest towards this game and to the Souls-series. The combat looked cool, the architecture of the worlds and the enemy design was really interesting. Still, despite my interest towards the game I didn`t get it for a long time because I was afraid that it would be too hard. Yesterday that all changed when I bought the game, and I am having tons of fun! The combat is super fun, the world looks freaking amazing and the enemies creepy as heck. I am dying a lot and still learning things. I defeated the first boss and have had two attempts against the lad in the graveyard.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Sorry for the double post, but I just want to say that this game is really good! It´s been a while since a game hooked me this bad. Like, every free time I have had I have used it on playing Bloodborne. I am still probably a noob compared to the really skillful players out there, but it feels amazing how you can see yourself getting better and make progress in the game. The red moon appeared now and everything has started to feel like a descend to madness, and I really like that.

It is really exciting to look for hidden places and defeat bosses after a struggle. Now the bosses that I have faced(The spider thing in the lake, the great one in the nightmare frontier, the 3 snake fellas) have not given me too much trouble, but I feel that it`s going to change soon.
I am using the sword than combined with it`s sheath transforms the weapon to great sword. What an amazing weapon this is!

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I recently got Bloodborne. Holy shit, y'all weren't kidding about the difficulty. I've at least made it to Father Gascoigne and will resume playing through the weekend.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
^ Yup, at it`s hardest the game can be quite tricky. Wait until you get to a certain forest full of snakes.... I hated that place with a burning passion. But despite that this is such an awesome game.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Small update. I've defeated BSB and Vicar Amelia. I'm still progressing quite slowly, but at least it's progress.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I finally beat the game. What a crazy, yet challenging and rewarding game. So far I've seen both endings, and I have the three Umbilical cords to fight the final boss and see the secret ending.

hemmoheikkinen said:
Now the bosses that I have faced(The spider thing in the lake, the great one in the nightmare frontier, the 3 snake fellas) have not given me too much trouble, but I feel that it`s going to change soon.

Rom
Shadow of Yharnam
Amygdala

These bosses were all pretty easy. I'm not sure what happens to the difficulty, but the game loses its touch after Rom. You'll fight maybe one more hard boss, but that's it. On the plus side, it allows easy progression without constantly talking shit about why the game is so hard. Even the slightest progression is this game is rewarding, so the second half of the game became more enjoyable for me.

I am using the sword than combined with it`s sheath transforms the weapon to great sword. What an amazing weapon this is!

Ludwig's Holy Blade? This was also my main weapon of choice. Honestly, at the time I didn't know much about the stat system and stat builds surrounding weapons, but I eventually learned that strength, vitality, and arcane were best for my build.

Yup, at it`s hardest the game can be quite tricky. Wait until you get to a certain forest full of snakes.... I hated that place with a burning passion. But despite that this is such an awesome game.

Ah, Forbidden Forest. Your second layer (snakes) scares the shit of me. You got snakes in bushes. Giant Snakes Balls that just lurk in shadow. And Snake Parasites....yeah fuck that place. However, in my opinion, this place doesn't even compare to Nightmare Frontier or Byrgenwerth or even Unseen Village. Byrgenwerth might be my top "Fuck that place, burn in hell" location.

Overall, the game is rewarding, but at times you'll progress very slowly. It's definitely a game you'll need to sink around 40hrs to really do and finish everything. I will say this game hardly has any decent story points. The cut scenes were uninformative and the endings were weak. It mostly leaves everything up to theory and speculation (I'm sure KH fans are used to that).

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Congrats for beating Bloodborne!

Rom
Shadow of Yharnam
Amygdala

These bosses were all pretty easy. I'm not sure what happens to the difficulty, but the game loses its touch after Rom. You'll fight maybe one more hard boss, but that's it. On the plus side, it allows easy progression without constantly talking shit about why the game is so hard. Even the slightest progression is this game is rewarding, so the second half of the game became more enjoyable for me

Yeah, I have seen some people struggle with the Shadow of Yharmna but the fight comes less difficult when you just run in circles of the arena, and bait one of the snake dudes to attack you, then slowly taking them down one by one. Ludwig`s Holy Blade also stuns/staggers them pretty well.

Ludwig's Holy Blade? This was also my main weapon of choice. Honestly, at the time I didn't know much about the stat system and stat builds surrounding weapons, but I eventually learned that strength, vitality, and arcane were best for my build.

Yeah, those were pretty much the same that I chose. If you play the dlc(which I highly recommend, it has awesome weapons and bosses) you get another big weapon that has ties to Ludwig.

Ah, Forbidden Forest. Your second layer (snakes) scares the shit of me. You got snakes in bushes. Giant Snakes Balls that just lurk in shadow. And Snake Parasites....yeah diddly that place. However, in my opinion, this place doesn't even compare to Nightmare Frontier or Byrgenwerth or even Unseen Village. Byrgenwerth might be my top "diddly that place, burn in hell" location.

I was also playing while using headphones and the sound which the big sna keballs generate is really, really unsettling. It was scary to even move forward when you heard all these odd and weird noises coming ahead. I lost one hour of progress when I died near the end, right before I could active the elevator. That pissed me off so much...

Oh god, the last area in the Nightmare Frontier is probably the worst. The "gaze" from the main building that causes frenzy was really annoying and some of the enemies there too. I am doing a second playtrough because I wanted to complete the dlc, but I am not sure if I am going to finish it since I probably don´t want to go trough Nightmare Frontier again... the mini boss that runs in the tight corridors was pretty annoying.

But man things have been a easy this time around. It really helps when you know in advance what you are facing against. Also I think I am bit overpowered since I a did the dlc as soon as I could, and also did Castle Cainhurst as soon as I was able to. Cainhurst might be my favorite are in the game.

Overall, the game is rewarding, but at times you'll progress very slowly. It's definitely a game you'll need to sink around 40hrs to really do and finish everything. I will say this game hardly has any decent story points. The cut scenes were uninformative and the endings were weak. It mostly leaves everything up to theory and speculation (I'm sure KH fans are used to that).

There is a story there, told by the cutscenes, npcs and character interactions but the player has to do some research and solve things himself. But yeah, it leaves a big chunk of the stuff to speculation.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
My backlog is thick right now, but I just finally got to Bloodborne last weekend. I beat Blood Starved Beast but need to go back to Amelia. I'm really enjoying myself so far.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
[video=youtube;HSOuLJtDRFA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSOuLJtDRFA[/video]

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
okay so after dropping this game completely because i was garbage at it, i picked it up again. its rewarding but so frigging tough. just got to nightmare of mensis and hoo boy. cleared cainhurst, beat amygdala, took down darkbeast paarl. it is kicking my ass but in a good way.

maining the kirkhammer btw, not diddlying with ludwig's blade. if i wanted to cheese the game i wouldnt be playing souls- we die like hunters.

Last edited:

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Finally found the thread, sigh...
Gotta say Marvelous Chester's outfit in DS1's Artorias DLC got me super interested in this game because damn, if nothing else then those looks. When I saw him I was like "Heeeeelloooooo, Bloodborne". Probably will get BB as the next soulsborne game I play, gotta have a bite of dat hot dark aesthetic, together with the attractive difficulty everyone talks about~

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Finally found the thread, sigh...
Gotta say Marvelous Chester's outfit in DS1's Artorias DLC got me super interested in this game because damn, if nothing else then those looks. When I saw him I was like "Heeeeelloooooo, Bloodborne". Probably will get BB as the next soulsborne game I play, gotta have a bite of dat hot dark aesthetic, together with the attractive difficulty everyone talks about~

Just a fair bit of warning if you go to DS2 after BB if you ever decided to go through the rest of the series. Well for starters BB incentivizes a more aggressive playstyle over the Dank Souls games. If you go to DS2 after BB, hahaha oh, get used to how healing works because it is not anywhere near as quick as it is any other game of the series.

DS2 also has some of the best looking armor sets in the series. Ooh boooii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back