• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Black Coat Riku in KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: Riku in KH3D

You friend. Loving your signature.
Oh, thanks! :3 I love me some Avatar.

I could swear he made himself appear in Disney Castle, which cause a lot of wide-spread ruin on the forums as to people speculating who it was.
The others pretty much clarified this already, but yeah. Data Riku does appear in Disney Castle, but only after MDG are digitized into the Datascape.

Adding on to what Mirby said, about how DataRiku is really just Jimminy's Journal in the form of Riku, I wonder what he's doing appearing to Real Riku? It makes sense to be exploring the Data within Sora in the RoS, but that brings about... what the hell is Data Riku doing there?

Look, Yen Sid said that after KH1 Sora and Riku saved most of the worlds, but the process didn't reach out to some of their gates or something like that in the beginning of his JP monologue. I got it confused with how he said the Heartless couldn't enter the Realm of Sleep.
Why do you keep saying that? That's not what he said. Yen Sid said not all of the worlds returned to the Realm of Light, and instead fell to sleep. He doesn't say anything about "the process not reaching the gates". He says that there are NO gates to the Realm of Sleep, therefore Heartless can't get there.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!

Oh, thanks! :3 I love me some Avatar.

The others pretty much clarified this already, but yeah. Data Riku does appear in Disney Castle, but only after MDG are digitized into the Datascape.

Adding on to what Mirby said, about how DataRiku is really just Jimminy's Journal in the form of Riku, I wonder what he's doing appearing to Real Riku? It makes sense to be exploring the Data within Sora in the RoS, but that brings about... what the hell is Data Riku doing there?

Why do you keep saying that? That's not what he said. Yen Sid said not all of the worlds returned to the Realm of Light, and instead fell to sleep. He doesn't say anything about "the process not reaching the gates". He says that there are NO gates to the Realm of Sleep, therefore Heartless can't get there.
Okay, okay, he didn't mention gates during that part, congratulations. I've been too lazy to check the trailer since I barely get sleep nowadays, I'm sorry.

JustSnilloc

But Yen Sid said that if Sora/Riku return to him (from the RoS), then he would consider them Keyblade Masters... So apparently Keyblade Masters know how to get to and from there (As Yen Sid knows how to get there, and if they return they will be KM lvl) o_O

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Okay, okay, he didn't mention gates during that part, congratulations. I've been too lazy to check the trailer since I barely get sleep nowadays, I'm sorry.
It was being used in a completely different context, but okay.

But Yen Sid said that if Sora/Riku return to him (from the RoS), then he would consider them Keyblade Masters... So apparently Keyblade Masters know how to get to and from there (As Yen Sid knows how to get there, and if they return they will be KM lvl) o_O
Yeah, I know. I think Yen Sid used his magic to put Sora and Riku into the RoS; I'm not sure if this entails them physically going there or if it's a "Deep Dive" type of scenario.

blueheart

Bronze Member

So it would be impossible for Data Riku to exist outside the Datascape.
Until Nomura pulls some poor reason out of his hat, and overcomplicate things, again.

It seems like the only reason it would more likely be Data Riku is because of his coat. Or his determined expression when finding Riku.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So it would be impossible for Data Riku to exist outside the Datascape.
Until Nomura pulls some poor reason out of his hat, and overcomplicate things, again.

It seems like the only reason it would more likely be Data Riku is because of his coat. Or his determined expression when finding Riku.

Not really. I'd imagine it is possible for him to exist outside of the Datascape, especially in the RoS where anything is possible (and I'm still using the Tron: Legacy world as viable proof of data being able to be in Sleep)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

We've listed a lot of reasons other than those two in this thread.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Didn't Data Riku show up in Disney Castle in Re:coded?
Lol we've been through this because of my stupidity last night.

He pulled them into the Data-Scape, so the Disney Castle there was Data.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~

Lol we've been through this because of my stupidity last night.

He pulled them into the Data-Scape, so the Disney Castle there was Data.

Yep, not the real Disney Castle. :)

Soooooooooo We're WINNING! even though i haven't done much to help the team. Ethy and Chaser are holding the castle on their own. =P

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Maybe Riku will find a computer in the RoS and get pulled in by Data Riku.
Now I think that might be stretching it, just a little.

If a Data world for Tron can make it in, nothing won't stop it from being Data Riku.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards

Maybe Riku will find a computer in the RoS and get pulled in by Data Riku.

mmm, not likely. I don't think SE will go to such an extent to do that, remember he popped up for like 2 seconds in the tralier so i wouldn't expect anything big from him. Though vanitas and YX had a short scene at the end but you guys know the saying "leave the best for last".

in my opinion i don't think he is gonna be a major charater in this game, but hey, thats just me

Kingdomon

I think it's Riku Replica/Repliku... I just think it wouldn't be possible for Data Riku to exist outside the Datascape.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

Now I think that might be stretching it, just a little.

If a Data world for Tron can make it in, nothing won't stop it from being Data Riku.

By that logic, I could see him appearing in a Tron world. That place is in a computer, and the datascape goes hand in hand with that really.

I think it's Riku Replica/Repliku... I just think it wouldn't be possible for Data Riku to exist outside the Datascape.

This is the one big reason that I don't see Data!Riku happening, but I do like the reasonings that other people have given.

There's no evidence that anything from the datascape can exist outside of it.
Only that things can go into it, and those things that went in can then come out.

Kingdomon

By that logic, I could see him appearing in a Tron world. That place is in a computer, and the datascape goes hand in hand with that really.

This is the one big reason that I don't see Data!Riku happening, but I do like the reasonings that other people have given.

Only that things can go into it, and those things that went in can then come out.
Yes, like Mickey & the rest did in Re:Coded.

snow_flake40

Awards

Phew, finally made it to the top of this thread. Now to comment!

As shown by my new sig, I'm on Team Data Riku for the mo. Initially, when I first saw the trailer, my first thought was that it must be Repliku. He's probably the easiest Riku incarnation to have appear in the RoS without things getting too complicated. (Although has it officially been stated that the RoS = KH's graveyard and that people definitely go there when they 'fall to sleep'? Isn't that still a theory at this point? Sorry, getting sidetracked...)

Anywho. Reading through this thread, I steadily began to change my allegiance from Team Repliku to Team Data Riku. It just makes more sense, especially from a plot perspective. Data Riku would certainly have a lot more to contribute in terms of story, like telling Riku about those that are hurting or whatever. Because Sora and Riku will be split up for the majority of the game, maybe Data Sora and Data Riku decided to split up as well to tell both of them all the important junk seperately? I dunno.

And the fact that the trailer Riku is wearing an Organization cloak makes it even more likely that it's Data Riku, as many others have said before. I can understand that if it was Repliku that they were just trying to hide his identity from both Riku and the player, but they would probably make up some silly reason for him to have a coat in the first place. Or no reason at all. Data Riku just seems more plausible to me.

I'll be perfectly happy with whoever this new Riku turns out to be. Repliku is awesome, and the Return of the Datas would make me smile forever. They were great. But from the info we have now, I'd say it's Data Riku.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Since it's been awhile since I put my input in here, I'll bring my initial reasoning for the Data's (both Riku and Sora) to return, and honestly it's a really simple and not-complicated explanation.

The journal fell to sleep/rest after Re:Coded due to it's purpose being "fulfilled". And we know Data Sora gained a heart, so I see how both the Data's could have easily become real people in the journal but just be asleep. Hell, Namine put them in their, who's to say she didn't put for them to sleep/rest after they were done just in case?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The journal fell to sleep/rest after Re:Coded due to it's purpose being "fulfilled". And we know Data Sora gained a heart, so I see how both the Data's could have easily become real people in the journal but just be asleep. Hell, Namine put them in their, who's to say she didn't put for them to sleep/rest after they were done just in case?
tumblr_lx206ftt1P1qc9yiv.gif

I know I say it a lot, and my memory really does suck, but Repliku theories.... where art thou? All I remember are people bring up the line "Now my heart goes where your heart goes" or whatever that line was. Honestly, it just sounds like he somehow joined with Riku there, like Xion joined with Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back