• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Black Coat Riku in KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Re: Riku in KH3D

Chaser said:
I know I say it a lot, and my memory really does suck, but Repliku theories.... where art thou? All I remember are people bring up the line "Now my heart goes where your heart goes" or whatever that line was. Honestly, it just sounds like he somehow joined with Riku there, like Xion joined with Sora.

Reverse/Rebirth first introduced the concept of sleep. Riku's heart was dangerously close to being lost to sleep in that game. It's possible that the Riku Replica's heart was also prone to being lost to the state of sleep, since the Riku Replica was based on Riku's heart shortly after Riku awoke from his slumber.

The Riku Replica asked Riku "What happens when someone who's not real dies? Where will my heart go? That is, if it doesn't disappear completely..." And Riku responded with "It'll go somewhere. Probably the same place my heart will go."

Riku said the Riku Replica's heart might go where Riku's heart "will" go, not where Riku's heart "is", granted that was pure speculation on Riku's part. However, there was never any closure on what became of the Riku Replica's heart or if it even disappeared completely. If it did go somewhere... and if that somewhere is the same place Riku's heart would have gone if he had been lost to slumber... then where is that place? Maybe this "somewhere" that Riku spoke of is the Realm of Sleep.

This unresolved fate of the Riku Replica is just one of the reasons why I think he will appear in the Realm of Sleep. This series seems to be committed to resolving pretty much everyone's fate, so I don't see why the Riku Replica should be excluded, especially since his equivalent is going to be brought back into the story to receive a better fate.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Reverse/Rebirth first introduced the concept of sleep. Riku's heart was dangerously close to being lost to sleep in that game. It's possible that the Riku Replica's heart was also prone to being lost to the state of sleep, since the Riku Replica was based on Riku's heart shortly after Riku awoke from his slumber.
However, it also come back from that "almost sleep".

The Riku Replica asked Riku "What happens when someone who's not real dies? Where will my heart go? That is, if it doesn't disappear completely..." And Riku responded with "It'll go somewhere. Probably the same place my heart will go."

Riku said the Riku Replica's heart might go where Riku's heart "will" go, not where Riku's heart "is", granted that was pure speculation on Riku's part. However, there was never any closure on what became of the Riku Replica's heart or if it even disappeared completely. If it did go somewhere... and if that somewhere is the same place Riku's heart would have gone if he had been lost to slumber... then where is that place? Maybe this "somewhere" that Riku spoke of is the Realm of Sleep.
However, Riku most likely has never heard of the Realm of Sleep, so him suggesting it wouldn't be possible.

That line is very confusing, because Riku would have had no idea that in a years time he will be going into a 4th Realm, one that hasn't been mentioned before. Therefore, his line there wouldn't have meant that both their hearts would traverse to the Realm of Sleep.

This unresolved fate of the Riku Replica is just one of the reasons why I think he will appear in the Realm of Sleep. This series seems to be committed to resolving pretty much everyone's fate, so I don't see why the Riku Replica should be excluded, especially since his equivalent is going to be brought back into the story to receive a better fate.
Whose Riku Replica's equivalent? Xion? So far, all she needs is to be remembered. For her, she was a major part of Roxas and Axel's life, and then she was forgotten by everyone. Data-Sora even comments that something bad happened to her. Being forgotten and erased from history is a worse fate than what Riku Replica got, IMO.

As much as I would love it, and no doubt she will come back, all Xion needs to to be remembered by the people she touched during her time in the worlds. That would grant her peace and she would be saved.

Key of Valor

The Professor

Chaser said:
However, it also come back from that "almost sleep".

Indeed, Riku was fortunate enough to escape sleep.

Chaser said:
However, Riku most likely has never heard of the Realm of Sleep, so him suggesting it wouldn't be possible.

That line is very confusing, because Riku would have had no idea that in a years time he will be going into a 4th Realm, one that hasn't been mentioned before. Therefore, his line there wouldn't have meant that both their hearts would traverse to the Realm of Sleep.

I'm not saying that Riku knew about the Realm of Sleep. I'm just bringing up the point that Riku thought that the Riku Replica's heart would go somewhere... a place that Riku himself didn't fully understand. Unbeknownst to Riku, perhaps this place was actually the Realm of Sleep.

Chaser said:
Whose Riku Replica's equivalent? Xion? So far, all she needs is to be remembered. For her, she was a major part of Roxas and Axel's life, and then she was forgotten by everyone. Data-Sora even comments that something bad happened to her. Being forgotten and erased from history is a worse fate than what Riku Replica got, IMO.

As I said, Xion's fate is going to be brought back in the future of the series so that it can be resolved.

And I think the Riku Replica had a much worse fate than Xion. At least Xion knew she wasn't going to completely disappear... at least she had her dear friend Roxas at her side as she faded away... at least she knew in her heart that despite her struggles, she was glad she got to build precious friendships with Roxas and Axel. But the Riku Replica had the most horrible demise in the series... with nothing to console him... contemplating on his existence as nothing more as artificial and empty... no memories of his own... no friends of his own... everything he had belonging to someone else... believing that could never be anything more than a copy... so bitter towards his existence that he he spent his last few moments condemning how pointless his life was... unsure whether or not he would completely disappear into nothing. The Riku Replica's fate was beyond terrible... His whole life was beyond terrible.

Chaser said:
As much as I would love it, and no doubt she will come back, all Xion needs to to be remembered by the people she touched during her time in the worlds. That would grant her peace and she would be saved.

I think a few obvious issues would emerge if Xion was brought back into existence... but I don't think her being remembered would be enough to free her from her torment, even if being remembered would comfort Xion to some degree. I think Xion sorta needs a life of her own... or at least a way for herself, Roxas, and Axel to visit the beach and eat ice-cream one last time.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'm not saying that Riku knew about the Realm of Sleep. I'm just bringing up the point that Riku thought that the Riku Replica's heart would go somewhere... a place that Riku himself didn't fully understand. Unbeknownst to Riku, perhaps this place was actually the Realm of Sleep.
I see it more of Riku comforting Riku Replica and saying their hearts will join, and then every bad thing Repliku felt and had will be comforted by the love Riku has.But if it is Repliku in the Realm of Sleep, I'll give you guys that one.

As I said, Xion's fate is going to be brought back in the future of the series so that it can be resolved.
Remembrance. Despite them probably making the solution to her torment more than it, remembrance is what she really wants.

And I think the Riku Replica had a much worse fate than Xion. At least Xion knew she wasn't going to completely disappear... at least she had her dear friend Roxas at her side as she faded away... at least she knew in her heart that despite her struggles, she was glad she got to build precious friendships with Roxas and Axel. But the Riku Replica had the most horrible demise in the series... with nothing to console him... contemplating on his existence as nothing more as artificial and empty... no memories of his own... no friends of his own... everything he had belonging to someone else... believing that could never be anything more than a copy... so bitter towards his existence that he he spent his last few moments condemning how pointless his life was... unsure whether or not he would completely disappear into nothing. The Riku Replica's fate was beyond terrible... His whole life was beyond terrible.
But then he found solace in death. Some things are just to miserable with life and they themselves find it better than they never lived. Repliku is one of those things. He no longer has to have those feelings, those emotions. He's better off.
Xion had everything she worked for, everyone she knew, forget about her. Unlike Repliku who will be remembered for the good he did, Xion has nothing. Sure, it's there but it's useless if no one remember the sacrifice she made.

I think a few obvious issues would emerge if Xion was brought back into existence... but I don't think her being remembered would be enough to free her from her torment, even if being remembered would comfort Xion to some degree. I think Xion sorta needs a life of her own... or at least a way for herself, Roxas, and Axel to visit the beach and eat ice-cream one last time.
That is most likely how they will fix the torment of those people, but they need not go past remembrance for her.

Key of Valor

The Professor

Chaser said:
I see it more of Riku comforting Riku Replica and saying their hearts will join, and then every bad thing Repliku felt and had will be comforted by the love Riku has.

But Riku didn't say their hearts will join. He merely said that their hearts might eventually go to the same place when they both meet their demise. If Riku wanted to comfort the Riku Replica with the thought that both their hearts might merge, then he should have said that instead of being so indirect about it.

Chaser said:
ut then he found solace in death. Some things are just to miserable with life and they themselves find it better than they never lived. Repliku is one of those things. He no longer has to have those feelings, those emotions. He's better off.
Xion had everything she worked for, everyone she knew, forget about her. Unlike Repliku who will be remembered for the good he did, Xion has nothing. Sure, it's there but it's useless if no one remember the sacrifice she made.

But you're assuming that one Replica disappeared and can't feel anything while the other Replica disappeared but can still feel upset over people forgetting her.

I think the Riku Replica only welcomed death to very spitefully condemn his life... but he was clearly fearful of disappearing, and that suggests to me that he would have preferred to live so that he could continue to search for what he wanted most.

The Riku Replica's life was artificial and empty, and he had to endure having no friends, memories, or even an identity of his own. Xion may have been artificial, but her friendship with Roxas and Axel was real and it was precious to her. All of her experiences were her own, and she even developed her own identity in a sense.

The Riku Replica never had anything. Xion had something but it was taken away. The way I see it, the Riku Replica's fate is worse by the logic of "It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all". Xion's life at least at some goodness in it, and she remembered those happier times at the time of her demise. The Riku Replica's life though was consistently bleak and unpleasant... but it didn't have to be, which probably makes his death more tragic since he never found happiness because of the things he obsessed over.

I think they both should come back. They are both in the same boat when it comes to being a Replica and wanting their own life. I'm not suggesting Repliku return to the Realm of Light, but I think he should make a cameo. And Chaser, I think your overthinking Repliku and Riku's last conversation. Read how it is and don't try to twist it around to make it fit your theory. Riku simply states that when both of them are dead, maybe their hearts will end up in the same place. In no way does that mean their hearts are going to merge right then. It means what it says, it says what it means. Now that we know where hearts go when they die/go to sleep, we can surmise that Repliku, Xion, and the other characters that have faded should be in the Realm of Sleep. Like I've said before, Data Riku has served his full purpose and the journal isn't asleep anyways, so he has no business in the RoS.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards

Guy not to break anything but we can now offically say that Dream Drop distance comes out this year. :D make me feel like its so close now. Probably 6 months or so for na/eu. sorry fellas back to riku :)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Guy not to break anything but we can now offically say that Dream Drop distance comes out this year. :D make me feel like its so close now. Probably 6 months or so for na/eu. sorry fellas back to riku :)

Well, you time travelers can anyways ^^ Most of us are still stuck in good 'ol 2011.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

And Chaser, I think your overthinking Repliku and Riku's last conversation
I ain't twisting nothing. That is honestly how I have interpreted the line. People interpret things differently. There's no twisting things around.

jmartin912

Yupp, I have 32 minutes left of 2011. Can't wait for 2012 and Dream Drop Distance!! :D

Love Machine

strut strut strut

Yawn everything needs to get here so I can bone it with the Keyblade.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Don't be dissin' his point of view! He thinks his way and you think yours.
Thank you Ethy.
Is it so bad for someone to interpret something differently to someone else.
After all, isn't that what interpretive dance is all about?
tumblr_lwfdv7cRUR1qjykxzo1_500.gif

Edit: Wait, how am I overthinking it? How is it overthinking to think that Repliku's heart joined with Riku's? Surely thinking that his heart sunk into the Realm of Sleep because Riku said "Your heart will go where mine goes" is more overthinking than what I said.

blueheart

Bronze Member

I think the line could be taken two ways.

Riku told him that for comfort in his final moments and that's it.
Riku told him that for comfort in his final moments, foreshadowing something far into the future, without realizing it obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back