• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS on the 3DS? o_O

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
Me and my friend were talking about BBS and she said she heard rumours of it being on the 3DS, which I don't think is true. I told her it's Re:Coded, but she kept saying she heard BBS. This isn't true right?

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Yeah, BBS is probably going to stay PSP exclusive. The only known Kingdom Hearts game for the 3DS will be 3D, which isn't the actual title, but a shortened version of the as of yet unveiled title that Nomura used for the E3 demo.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I mean, if it's on the 3Ds won't it be hard to work with the controls (that's only saying if the game has some characteristics as the PSP). But, I guess we'll find out two years from now.

αsiя

space coke
I mean, if it's on the 3Ds won't it be hard to work with the controls (that's only saying if the game has some characteristics as the PSP). But, I guess we'll find out two years from now.

BbS will work just as good on the 3DS as it was on the PSP, maybe even better.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Me and my friend were talking about BBS and she said she heard rumours of it being on the 3DS, which I don't think is true. I told her it's Re:Coded, but she kept saying she heard BBS. This isn't true right?
no, no bbs on 3ds.
recoded aint on the 3ds either (tho the 3ds is ds compatible)

she jsut got confused with kh3d's title.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
αsiя;5317411 said:
BbS will work just as good on the 3DS as it was on the PSP, maybe even better.

You make it sound like its actually going to be on the 3DS

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
BBS would look much better on the 3DS. Look at this video clip from medal gear solid:

[video=youtube;msLJPYC2jUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msLJPYC2jUY[/video]

I don't really want a port on the 3DS since KH3D is going to be released on it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I still want BbS. A port to the 3DS would be pretty cool though. It could actually play BbS with capes. WITH CAPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grey

BBS would look much better on the 3DS. Look at this video clip from medal gear solid:

[video=youtube;msLJPYC2jUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msLJPYC2jUY[/video]

I don't really want a port on the 3DS since KH3D is going to be released on it.

I don't see how that quality looks any better than BBS's. I mean, BBS's quality was practically on-par with KH on the PS2 (graphics- and visuals-wise). While I don't think it'd be as pixelated as Days was, I don't see how we'd get better quality on the 3DS when the PSP already has a fairly high quality.

(I mean, maybe the Keyblades wouldn't look paper-thin, but I'm willing to bet the visuals would look blockier with the 3DS than with the PSP.)

Reconnection

Website
www.youtube.com
I don't see how that quality looks any better than BBS's. I mean, BBS's quality was practically on-par with KH on the PS2 (graphics- and visuals-wise). While I don't think it'd be as pixelated as Days was, I don't see how we'd get better quality on the 3DS when the PSP already has a fairly high quality.

(I mean, maybe the Keyblades wouldn't look paper-thin, but I'm willing to bet the visuals would look blockier with the 3DS than with the PSP.)

The 3DS has more pixels than the PSP, and the graphics are WAY improved over the PS2. They're at Wii level.

I still want BbS. A port to the 3DS would be pretty cool though. It could actually play BbS with capes. WITH CAPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAPES WOOT.
Oh, and the loading times would be cut in half. (no loading time for menu ftw!)
But yeah, I still wouldnt want a BbS port on the 3DS... i'd be too tempted to buy it, and Nintendo and Square are raping my wallet already. D:
I might not have enough money to buy Portal 2 on Day 1..... T-T
But if I had to choose.... 3DS > Portal 2

Last edited:

Zache

BBS wouldn't really be a great game take advantage of the 3DS' advanced shaders and effects.
It'd look nicer as the 3DS' abnormally high frame buffer prevents dithering, normal mapping would make for more detailed models, textures would be much better, edges would be smoother, along with some other cool visual effects(like self-shadowing/soft-shadowing, per-pixel lighting, and object-based motion blur) but I doubt developers would spend enough time to up-port it beyond a nominal upgrade and anytime wasted could be used in developing KH:3D.

Some of the comments in this thread confuses me though. I could understand not noticing the smoother edges, normal mappping, shadow mapping, and better textures overall in the MGS video(quality was cruddy), Grey, but I can't see how you came to the conclusion that Keyblades/models would look blockier on the 3DS. And Reconnection, what do you mean by pixels? Resolution, maybe? If so, the 3DS would actually be displaying less pixels than even the PSP due to halving the resolution for 3D.

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I think that Bbs would be a better port to the PS3, not only would this give the graphics and loading times a giant upgrade (and the graphics were still great on the PSP, so on the PS3... :O). Not to mention a lot of people would get the game if it was for the PS3, because talking to the friends who wanted the game, the main excuse to not get it was that they didnt' have a PSP, and most people are not willing to buy a PSP for one game like people here did. So I think they should make a re:bbs down the road for the PSP which would broaden it's audience, give it a chance for a lot more room, and just be a better seller then a remake for the 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back