• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS is not a Side Story, Nor is CoM.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Let's take the chapter out then, shall we? And we can watch as the face of all the chapters and books that follow are completely changed.
Not really. It's called discussion and debate.
He also talked about the possibility of Days getting a Final Mix. If it does, is it now suddenly considered a Main Game? Probably not.

see you're still using the argument of whether it should exist, not whether we could skip it. there's a difference ,and this is your main argument

discussion? maybe, debate? not even close.....

as for days geting a final mix, i wouldn't be so sure....but i doubt he would, a remake would be good, which are pretty close to final mixes.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
see you're still using the argument of whether it should exist, not whether we could skip it. there's a difference ,and this is your main argument
For me, the argument was whether or not it was important. If it wasn't important, than you would be able to say it could not exist and nothing would change. That's what I'm saying. Since, removing it would cause the series to change, then it is important. That simple.

as for days geting a final mix, i wouldn't be so sure....but i doubt he would, a remake would be good, which are pretty close to final mixes.
—What about a 358/2 Days Final Mix?
NOMURA: There aren’t plans for a release. One of the reasons is that the voices for the English version aren’t out yet.

—Is there potential for a 358/2 Days remake?
NOMURA: There are no plans at the moment. Chain of Memories was made in 2D, so it was remade, but since 358/2 Days is in 3D originally, the possibility is low.

Seems to me that a FM is far more likely for Days than a Re:

Relix

A traveler
Awards
you forgot bout the interquel thats a sequel to the prequel which is a prequel to the side story which is a sequel to its prequel and side story to ist interquel.

o.o i love you .

Allister Rose

French Lover
For me, the argument was whether or not it was important. If it wasn't important, than you would be able to say it could not exist and nothing would change. That's what I'm saying. Since, removing it would cause the series to change, then it is important. That simple.
Seems to me that a FM is far more likely for Days than a Re:
that's not what i'm saying. i'm saying we don't need to know of them, but they are accessible. basically i'm saying they're optional, they're important to a certain level, but for me, there is enough content that separates main game and side game.

as for 358/2 days FM, that quote was rather....useless. just because it's mentioned doesn't mean it's likely. he said he had no plans and it had a low chance unlike what he said for BbS final mix. where he only said there were no plans and it depends on if the japanese want the same features the international.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Some these arguments are rather pointless. Whether you find relevance to a part of a story is up to the reader. Even if the author concludes it as relevant the reader can still choose to ignore it, its that simple. Personally I don't think side game and main game terms really matter in this series while others cling to it like a code of life, but its really a matter of opinion. i say pay attention to whatever you want to pay attention to. i say CoM is just as important as KH1, KH2, BBS, or Coded. Days is probably just as important but i choose to ignore it. its my opinion. if you want to argue on each others ideals its kinda pointless. and you'd see that too if you look over your posts. each one of your arguments, points, and statements are falling on deaf ears. simple as that.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Some these arguments are rather pointless. Whether you find relevance to a part of a story is up to the reader. Even if the author concludes it as relevant the reader can still choose to ignore it, its that simple. Personally I don't think side game and main game terms don't really matter in this series while others cling to it like a code of life, but its really a matter of opinion. i say pay attention to whatever you want to pay attention to. i say CoM is just as important as KH1, KH2, BBS, or Coded. Days is probably just as important but i choose to ignore it. its my opinion. if you want to argue on each others ideals its kinda pointless. and you'd see that too if you look over your posts. each one of your arguments, points, and statements are falling on deaf ears. simple as that.
not really, i just didn't feel like replying to eerything consider most of it is opinion, but i talk about the main idea more

Gram

Banned
Awards
o.o i love you .
2jbjh2x.gif

Some these arguments are rather pointless. Whether you find relevance to a part of a story is up to the reader. Even if the author concludes it as relevant the reader can still choose to ignore it, its that simple. Personally I don't think side game and main game terms really matter in this series while others cling to it like a code of life, but its really a matter of opinion. i say pay attention to whatever you want to pay attention to. i say CoM is just as important as KH1, KH2, BBS, or Coded. Days is probably just as important but i choose to ignore it. its my opinion. if you want to argue on each others ideals its kinda pointless. and you'd see that too if you look over your posts. each one of your arguments, points, and statements are falling on deaf ears. simple as that.

exactly.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
not really, i just didn't feel like replying to eerything consider most of it is opinion, but i talk about the main idea more

Whats the main idea exactly? cuz what i've seen in the thread was pure, raw, genuine opinion.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
An opinion is a belief in which there is no fact to prove otherwise. The creator himself, Nomura, has said that BBS is a main game. That makes it a fact, and anyone who says otherwise is just wrong; there's no opinion about it, since it's already been made fact.
However, considering no such statements have been made about CoM or Days, it is up to the player to decide whether they find it important or not. They have every right to have this opinion (and an opinion it is, indeed), and no one should try and strip that away.
If Allister doesn't find CoM important, she is allowed to do so, and I highly doubt anyone can change her mind anyway. So why even bother to try? Why would you even WANT to try? She has her opinion and you have yours; opinions cannot be right or wrong, and nobody should say otherwise. Let it go. Move on.

Xammag

If it helps to avoid conflict, the most important thing is discerning between a side story and a sequel. This is because you could see CoM as a side story in that it introduced new characters who had no connection to the existing characters, but it is a sequel because it occurs directly after KH, before KH2, and not during the period of another game (Days can be seen as a spin-off interquel, because it occurs alongside CoM but it does not relate to those characters; it relates to characters introduced mainly in KH2, which came after CoM. It's wierd.)

I do think all the games hold valuable information, but I'd have to say Days is the least vital for me.

To say, focus more on chronology than importance for less conflicting opinions.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
An opinion is a belief in which there is no fact to prove otherwise. The creator himself, Nomura, has said that BBS is a main game. That makes it a fact, and anyone who says otherwise is just wrong; there's no opinion about it, since it's already been made fact.
However, considering no such statements have been made about CoM or Days, it is up to the player to decide whether they find it important or not. They have every right to have this opinion (and an opinion it is, indeed), and no one should try and strip that away.
If Allister doesn't find CoM important, she is allowed to do so, and I highly doubt anyone can change her mind anyway. So why even bother to try? Why would you even WANT to try? She has her opinion and you have yours; opinions cannot be right or wrong, and nobody should say otherwise. Let it go. Move on.

ok. thanks for the wall. anyways thats what i've been saying. opinion is an opinion. BBS is a main game and CoM hasn't been confirmed to be one but that doesn't mean you won't find someone who finds more significance in CoM than BBS. misguided? yes. their opinion? also yes. so there is absolutely no point.

I do think all the games hold valuable information, but I'd have to say Days is the least vital for me.

To say, focus more on chronology than importance for less conflicting opinions.

to bold 1. I agree completely

to bold 2. preach

Xammag

but that's a contraversy to nomura's thoughts on BBS.

i tihnk the safest IMO is sony = main titles, nintendo = side titles

I would rather go with the definitions of the terms than consoles. In my opinion, safest is not starting a console war when it is not needed.

And as I already stated, CoM is the least thing on the list that should be considered a "side title".

PS: And all of them are originally hand-held entries on the list, so no one should have a problem with it.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I would rather go with the definitions of the terms than consoles. In my opinion, safest is not starting a console war when it is not needed.

And as I already stated, CoM is the least thing on the list that should be considered a "side title".

PS: And all of them are originally hand-held entries on the list, so no one should have a problem with it.
i tihnk it's safer to just let the thread die. it's not like youmention anything as fact. as for console war, i don't see it happening here on this page. and for COM, it was remade for ps2. so i don't think it contradicts.

Xammag

i tihnk it's safer to just let the thread die. it's not like youmention anything as fact. as for console war, i don't see it happening here on this page. and for COM, it was remade for ps2. so i don't think it contradicts.

I gave the factual definitions for factual terms in the most factual way I could apply them to the games. People who state everything they say as fact generally don't get much attention or respect.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I gave the factual definitions for factual terms in the most factual way I could apply them to the games. People who state everything they say as fact generally don't get much attention or respect.

another aspect you could get it is "numbered" and "non-numbered". but i suppose that still implies side and main. either way. we don't call it side title for the same reasons you do. still, this thread seemed the least helpfull...

luvan1me

I kinda take all the games as their own stories :3 and they just all add up to the greater picture of what is kingdom hearts ^_^

DChiuch

Website
www.danielchiuchiarelli.com
Does it really matter what they're called... they're all Kingdom Hearts games, and have varying amounts of importance in the series. This amount of importance is subjective rather than objective, or rather there's no clear way to define how important each game is. That's really up to each individual to decide, it makes no difference if it's a "side story" or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back