• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS is not a Side Story, Nor is CoM.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
how is that convinient? or are you just trying to make a point?

BBS can't be a side game, it introduced so many new elements that could possibly be brought back in future titles

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
BBS can't be a side game
Sure it can.

it introduced so many new elements that could possibly be brought back in future titles
So can a Side-Game. CoM introduced the Org, Castle Oblivion, Sora's memory situation, Nami, DiZ, XH being in Riku's Heart, etc.--all of which were brought back in future titles.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
It's convenient because it saves us the time it takes to remember which is considered a sequel, interquel,or spin-off. I considered Days a side game until this thread told me differently.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE!
crying.gif

Allister Rose

French Lover
Sure it can.

So can a Side-Game. CoM introduced the Org, Castle Oblivion, Sora's memory situation, Nami, DiZ, XH being in Riku's Heart, etc.--all of which were brought back in future titles.

so you're just rying to prove a point???? nomura calle dit kh0, so it's more convinient to call it that. COM maybe the only exception, but kh2 did explain most of riku, and sora's memory situation didn't really hit me as super important. you see, COM introduced some of these things, but none of these formally introduced themselves.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
nomura calle dit kh0, so it's more convinient to call it that.
I disagree.

kh2 did explain most of riku,
Not really. It didn't explain how he got out of the Dark Realm, or why he was working with DiZ, how he even began to work with DiZ, how he knew Nami, etc. A lot of Riku's story is left completely unexplained in KH2.

and sora's memory situation didn't really hit me as super important.
Yes... explaining how he got from the end of Kh1 to KH2 isn't important. Nor is the fact that his memories were leaking into Roxas and subsequently Xion, which is what further led to Roxas leaving the Organization which is what set the entire plot of KH2 in motion. The fact that this happened also is unimportant when we consider that it is what caused the events of Coded, and how that subsequently lead to BBS being tied in to the present story. All of this, super unimportant.

but none of these formally introduced themselves.
That doesn't even make sense.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I disagree.

Not really. It didn't explain how he got out of the Dark Realm, or why he was working with DiZ, how he even began to work with DiZ, how he knew Nami, etc. A lot of Riku's story is left completely unexplained in KH2.

Yes... explaining how he got from the end of Kh1 to KH2 isn't important. Nor is the fact that his memories were leaking into Roxas and subsequently Xion, which is what further led to Roxas leaving the Organization which is what set the entire plot of KH2 in motion. The fact that this happened also is unimportant when we consider that it is what caused the events of Coded, and how that subsequently lead to BBS being tied in to the present story. All of this, super unimportant.

That doesn't even make sense.

if you disagree, then you're diagreeing with nomura.

also, we didn't even know if he actually made it into the dark realm or not (which he didn't). still this is the small stuff....memory loss between kh1-kh2 i didn't see it that important, but i guess it is. as for xion-roxas, i say that's where it's trully unecessary. roxas rebellion was the least important kh2 reasoning basically gave us enough.

what i'm talking about is side game introduces them, but mysteriously or introduces one character that we know wont make another appearance. plus, you're so stuck on actually existing in the story, rather than the reveal, and that's what most of us are concerned about.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
if you disagree, then you're diagreeing with nomura.
I was disagreeing with you, with it being easier to call it that.

also, we didn't even know if he actually made it into the dark realm or not (which he didn't).
Uh, yes we did. It was obvious in KH1 that he did.

still this is the small stuff....memory loss between kh1-kh2 i didn't see it that important
Then you simply don't know what is important in this series, as that memory loss thing affected the plots of four games, with more to come.

what i'm talking about is side game introduces them, but mysteriously or introduces one character that we know wont make another appearance.
CoM introduced Axel, Zexion, Larxene, Lexeaus, Vexen, Marluxia, Nami and DiZ... all of which made more appearances.

plus, you're so stuck on actually existing in the story, rather than the reveal, and that's what most of us are concerned about.
Then most of you are focusing on the wrong things.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Then you simply don't know what is important in this series, as that memory loss thing affected the plots of four games, with more to come.
CoM introduced Axel, Zexion, Larxene, Lexeaus, Vexen, Marluxia, Nami and DiZ... all of which made more appearances.
COM might be the only one that i consider a main game, since re:COM was released on sony...but i still don't find alot of it important. and according to COM he dind't make it into Dark realm, as obvious as kh1 made it seem.

and it's not that we're focusing on the wrong things, we just don't focus on the same things you do

Jakek9

You seem to be acting stubborn for the stupidity of it. MOST everyone calls BBS Kh0, not to mention it has a final mix and connections to the series characters. NOT EVEN to mention that Nomura, called it KH0 and a Main game. How is it not a main game?
Because its on a PSP? Bah!
Unless your just trying to be different....which is sorta stubborn within its own self also.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
COM might be the only one that i consider a main game, since re:COM was released on sony..
You seriously need to get over your Sony fixation.

.but i still don't find alot of it important.
Then, again, you don't know what's important.

and according to COM he dind't make it into Dark realm, as obvious as kh1 made it seem.
You misunderstood CoM then, as he definitely was in the Dark Realm for a period of time.

and it's not that we're focusing on the wrong things, we just don't focus on the same things you do
No, you're focusing on the wrong things. You don't focus simply on the end of a book, or the end of a movie when assessing the story, do you? You focus on it as a whole. It's the same with these games. You're only looking at the end, the "reveals", you're not even considering what they actually -mean- for the story.

You seem to be acting stubborn for the stupidity of it. MOST everyone calls BBS Kh0, not to mention it has a final mix and connections to the series characters. NOT EVEN to mention that Nomura, called it KH0 and a Main game. How is it not a main game?
Because its on a PSP? Bah!
Unless your just trying to be different....which is sorta stubborn within its own self also.
Why should it matter if "most people" call it KH0? It's not titled "KH0" it's titled "BBS". Even if it is -like- a main game, that doesn't mean I have to consider it one. Though, to me, the title of main game and side-story are rather irrelevant.

Allister Rose

French Lover

No, you're focusing on the wrong things. You don't focus simply on the end of a book, or the end of a movie when assessing the story, do you? You focus on it as a whole. It's the same with these games. You're only looking at the end, the "reveals", you're not even considering what they actually -mean- for the story.
i's not a sony fixation, it's a common trend that KH series has.

and the second part is more of an opinion. to me, kh insn't just one book, obviously morelike a series, and whether i choose to skip a book, that's up to me and considering the wide variety of KH games appearing in many consoles that not all of us can obtain, it's no wonder some of us say days or coded aren't that important. either way, i'm just saying BBS sin't a side game and defintely not more conveneint. "kh0" is much more simpler than "side game" .

sure their important to know about, but if it were skipped it wouldn't hurt the series too much. i'm not saying side games shouldn't exist, just that they aren't 100% necessary to play.

Jakek9

Then, again, you don't know what's important.

You misunderstood CoM then, as he definitely was in the Dark Realm for a period of time.

Why should it matter if "most people" call it KH0? It's not titled "KH0" it's titled "BBS". Even if it is -like- a main game, that doesn't mean I have to consider it one. Though, to me, the title of main game and side-story are rather irrelevant.

Well then thats your own opinion. But arguing with People who consider it a main game is pointless if its simply opinion.
As to why you consider it a Side-Game I have no idea. Have you even bought and finished the final episode?
Point is, this is opinion. BUT in the company that CREATED and SOLD it and OWNS IT, it is in fact a main game. Thats a fact.
But Fans opinions differ obviously.

Allister Rose

French Lover
it's considered by nomura.......so we aren't going by opinion we are going by nomura

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
i's not a sony fixation, it's a common trend that KH series has.
You basically said you might consider CoM a main game simply because Re:CoM was released on a Sony console.

and the second part is more of an opinion. to me, kh insn't just one book, obviously morelike a series, and whether i choose to skip a book, that's up to me and considering the wide variety of KH games appearing in many consoles that not all of us can obtain, it's no wonder some of us say days or coded aren't that important. either way, i'm just saying BBS sin't a side game and defintely not more conveneint. "kh0" is much more simpler than "side game" .
Sure you can decide not to read a book in the series, but you can't just dismiss the fact that that book you didn't read was the cause of many, MANY, key events that took place in the subsequent books. CoM was largely responsible for the plots of itself, Days, KH2, and Coded, and is confirmed to be more important moving forward with the whole Ansem's data thing. Without CoM having taken place, none of this stuff would have. Game wise, you might not think it's important enough to play, but, story wise, the story of CoM has been hugely influential on the series. You can't really simply deny that, otherwise you're not really understanding this story.

if it were skipped it wouldn't hurt the series too much.
I think you mean to say, if they were skipped, it might not hurt -your- understanding of the series (though that's also debatable), but, as i said earlier, the stories themselves would hurt the series incredibly if they never existed/took place.

it's considered by nomura.......so we aren't going by opinion we are going by nomura
In most of the interviews I've read of him discussing it, he said it was -like- a Main Game, he never really said it WAS one.

Allister Rose

French Lover
you see i'm not arguing whether the chapter int the book should exist or not, it's more of matter whether i see it as important as you.....which i don't.

and yes i did mention sony, but like i said it's not a fixation over sony, it's a common trend in the kh series

and like jakek said, it's dumb to argue over someone's opinion. especially when most of us, tend to lean toward main game side game.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
whether i see it as important as you.....which i don't.
Let's take the chapter out then, shall we? And we can watch as the face of all the chapters and books that follow are completely changed.

and like jakek said, it's dumb to argue over someone's opinion.
Not really. It's called discussion and debate.

He doesn't have to directly say it is. There's a Final Mix for it.
He also talked about the possibility of Days getting a Final Mix. If it does, is it now suddenly considered a Main Game? Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back