• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► A New TWEWY Game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire-Farron

Also, I would hope that Joshua wouldn't be demoted to some lonely shopkeeper lol

Joshua would probably be Shiki and Eri's model. lol And bugs Neku everytime he goes into shop to hang out with Shiki.
"Oh Neku... Don't you just looove what I'm wearing?" lol

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
So, I thought of something today. You know how in KH: 3D there are scenes of Neku and Shiki, and Beat and Rhyme fighting with their Partners? Well... the Partners are all in the same Plane in that game. It's probably nothing, but do you think it might mean something? I mean, with that and the "fighting on the same screen" thing in Solo Remix... Do you think that's hinting that the next game won't have dual screens?

Personally, I sort of hope not. I love the original TWEWY's system, and think a sequel should keep its core traits, but I could understand it if they didn't do that. But what do you all think? Maybe all of this is saying the new game won't be for a DS system, but rather something like the IOS again?

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I don't think so. I think they will go back to dual screen combat (assuming that the game will be on 3DS). I'd be shocked to see it on anything but the 3DS.

State

Awards
TWEWY is one game that would look awesome on the 3DS, that is, if they use the original's art style. Although the original is loveable because of the art direction it took, I'm not having a hard time seeing 3D renders on some small scenes.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I don't know what "generic" chick would have a hint of all the main protagonists in her and still somehow retain her "generic" status xP

Oh, come on. That composite in itself makes her nothing unique, and how much abnormally-colored hair have you seen on chicks sporting school uniforms in anime? Plenty. Not that she doesn't look cute, I'm just not spazzing out over the possibility of a sequel based on this cameo. :p

I think they will go back to dual screen combat (assuming that the game will be on 3DS). I'd be shocked to see it on anything but the 3DS.

Ultimately, this is all I ask for.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I don't think so. I think they will go back to dual screen combat (assuming that the game will be on 3DS). I'd be shocked to see it on anything but the 3DS.

I really can't see them not making it dual screen again. I mean, at this point, what system would they put it on? Having it on one screen (and assuming they really like their touch controls) only makes the Vita and iOS possibilities, and for a big sequel, I see both of those being not an option. Depending on the direction they would want to take it, I can see it on Wii-U (PLEASE NO!) or 3DS (what it should be on), though I think it would be cool if they eventually made a second version like the Solo Remix with a new form of gameplay.

Oh, come on. That composite in itself makes her nothing unique, and how much abnormally-colored hair have you seen on chicks sporting school uniforms in anime? Plenty. Not that she doesn't look cute, I'm just not spazzing out over the possibility of a sequel based on this cameo. :p

That is true that she is nothing unique (considering she is a mix of past characters and a school girl) but I wouldn't call her generic either. Depending on who drew it, if it were to be Nomura, I have to also say that it doesn't look as unique as some of his past designs. However, if their concept was a schoolgirl to begin with, she is probably one of the more unique schoolgirls in anime terms.

IanM2

I think if it is on 3DS, it will be dual screen combat. Still, I think it could be on the Wii or the Wii U. I think one of the things that made TWEWY so great is that it really utilized the features of the DS (touch screen, dual screens, etc.). If it was moved to a different console, it could still utilize its features better than most third party developers (motion sensing, new controller, or even attachments like wii zapper, wii wheel, and wii balances board, etc.). As long as it is fresh and utilizes the console well, I will be happy. For Wii U, they could use the new controller for the partner and the main screen for the main character.

Also, I've been wondering about Amalgam/Ms. TWEWY's entry fee, and it occurred to me. What if her the thing that is most important to her is her individuality, so that is her entry fee? Thus, she is replaced with a part of a lot of other past contestants to make up for her lack of individuality. Just a theory.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I think if it is on 3DS, it will be dual screen combat. Still, I think it could be on the Wii or the Wii U. I think one of the things that made TWEWY so great is that it really utilized the features of the DS (touch screen, dual screens, etc.). If it was moved to a different console, it could still utilize its features better than most third party developers (motion sensing, new controller, or even attachments like wii zapper, wii wheel, and wii balances board, etc.). As long as it is fresh and utilizes the console well, I will be happy. For Wii U, they could use the new controller for the partner and the main screen for the main character.

Also, I've been wondering about Amalgam/Ms. TWEWY's entry fee, and it occurred to me. What if her the thing that is most important to her is her individuality, so that is her entry fee? Thus, she is replaced with a part of a lot of other past contestants to make up for her lack of individuality. Just a theory.

I couldn't agree with you more. One of the reasons I loved TWEWY (and why many others do, too) is because, as you said, it utilized all the features of the DS. Whatever platform it's on in the future, I hope it'll continue to do that. Which actually brings me to a question I've been meaning to ask people. Does anyone know if Solo Remix utilizes a lot of the IOS devices' capabilities? Like the screaming pin, for example. Can you still use that?

Also, I really like your theory about what this girl's Entry Fee might be. I could actually see it being that, as it seems to fit with the other ones from TWEWY. Not only that, but she'd sort of be the exact opposite of Neku if you're right. If she's worried about her individuality, she obviously wants her differences to be seen by others. Neku, on the other hand, didn't want to be seen at all. And, yet, even with that difference, they have their similarities, too. And not just the headphones thing. LOL.

Yes, I like this idea quite a lot. It would connect to the original TWEWY without it being a complete rehash. It'd be like how Legend of Korra was treated in comparison to The Last Airbender. In fact, Aang and Korra are exact opposites in that, so maybe they would make this new girl Neku's opposite, too?

My only question, if your theory's correct, is why the girl seems to have Eri's body of hair and eye color. As far as we know, Eri never played the Game. But, then again, those similarities to Eri's design may be unintentional. Or they could be just giving her "Shiki's" appearance from the Game.

But, yeah, I really like your idea, and sort of hope it's true. LOL.

kupo1121

Awards
So~ Has Square even made any comment about this?

Besides putting it as a secret ending to their game in the first place, nope xP However, I think if they are planning to make any comment whatsoever, they'll wait till a lot of people are able to view it and TGS is a decent time to do so.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
So would it or should it stay as it was before as a graphich novel feel or perhaps continue with the 3d models. Or mabey use the rd models for special cinematics that would be more intresting in such a format

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
So would it or should it stay as it was before as a graphich novel feel or perhaps continue with the 3d models. Or mabey use the rd models for special cinematics that would be more intresting in such a format

I'm pretty sure it's going to remain with the graphic novel feel. There's really no reason to use 3D models. The cutscenes are a stylistic choice and it fits the game extremely well. 3D models wouldn't be able to recapture the feel of the presentation that the game is meant to have.

On the subject though, I would love there to be a lot more cutcenes that have voice acting and better animation.

kupo1121

Awards
On the subject though, I would love there to be a lot more cutcenes that have voice acting and better animation.

I agree with the graphics novel feel to the game, not to mention in 3D it would look like a mini book-up book inside your 3DS (if it were for the 3DS). However, if they were to keep the graphics novel feel, I'm sure they would keep the animations to a minimum. Making fully animated cutscenes would make it feel more like an anime and less like a graphic novel, so it's a pretty fine line they are treading if they choose to go that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back