• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A little mad at how spread KH series is...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivious Light

I am a little pissed that the KH 'spinoffs' are spread acrossed different platforms. I already have to buy a psp for BBS. And now since the damn ending for Re coded was so good im going to have to get a 3ds for KH3D this series is going to make me bankrupt! Thank god i already have a PS3 IF 3 will even be on it.

Sora3000

Awards
I am with you. I am really pissed off that these KH games: 358/2 days, BBS, and Re: coded had to be on different game systems when they could somehow be on the game system that started the game that started it all. That is why I made the thread, "Who all wants BBS for the PS3?". Hopefully the makers of the series are thinking about remaking them for the PS2 or PS3. I mean look what it did for CoM, it first was released on the GBA, then thankfully it was remade for the PS2. I mean how can they expect us to follow through the whole saga when we have to have more than one game system. I hope that after 3D is released, I hope they can somehow make it for the PS2 or PS3. I am really expecting for KH3 to be on either Playstation system.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm also somewhat unsatisfied with this.
If it would not be an intertwined story and every title would stand on its own (like in Final Fantasy) I wouldn't even mind, but hey, they want to make money.

It's business, not really catering to the fans...;)

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
There's only one spinoff in the entire series: 358/2 Days. Birth by Sleep is considered "Kingdom Hearts 0" as it ties in with the other numbered games, and Chain of Memories is a direct sequel.

Also, "And now since the damn ending for Re coded was so good im going to have to get a 3ds for KH3D"... what the fuck were you trying to say here? It's like you hit your head half way through typing and thought you finished your sentence.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I am with you. I am really pissed off that these KH games: 358/2 days, BBS, and Re: coded had to be on different game systems when they could somehow be on the game system that started the game that started it all. That is why I made the thread, "Who all wants BBS for the PS3?". Hopefully the makers of the series are thinking about remaking them for the PS2 or PS3. I mean look what it did for CoM, it first was released on the GBA, then thankfully it was remade for the PS2. I mean how can they expect us to follow through the whole saga when we have to have more than one game system. I hope that after 3D is released, I hope they can somehow make it for the PS2 or PS3. I am really expecting for KH3 to be on either Playstation system.

Either system? There is absolutely NO chance that KHIII will be on the PS2. It'll either be the PSIII or a later console.

impart

Climb The Sky
dont get a 3ds

mark of mastery BFD
is it really worth the price of a 3DS, when you can just watch it on youtube?

ive got a GBA, DS, and PSP for the series. Take it form me if your so pissed about having to buy a 3DS, then dont.
the game probably wont be good anyways

once I herd about KH3DS I swore to stop buying handhelds for the series. Im pissed too, so im not going to buy the 3DS. simple as that

Last edited:

Princess-Sammi

Sadly, that's how other companies make money. I'd never buy a PS3 (not allowed to, anyway) or any other console just for KH, but I admit that I bought a PSP purely for the sake of getting BBS.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Hmm wasn't Square Enix's intention was to provide Kingdom Hearts games to different consoles so people could have a chance to play them? I remember Nomura decided to make Chain of Memories for the GBA because a kid wanted a Kingdom Hearts game on the GBA. Though I would be mad as well especially if I was a hardcore Kingdom Hearts fan trying to collect everything. I can personally live without 358/2 Days and Re:coded.

BBSFTW

i have to agree with you that i am quite mad with them making these games for different systems, but then again whenever there was a new KH game I already had the system for it but i dont know if I have the money to get a 3ds right now but hopefully later in the furture I will.

vnnk

You mad bro ? No but seriously its just expanding the universe to other platforms so others can experience the amazing kingdom hearts series. Plus more the story hope fully more the epic conclusion!

Star

I agree, it's a bit annoying. Nomura wants to introduce KH on as many platforms as possible but the games aren't very newcomer friendly I think.

ChrisP

It does suck that you have to buy all the systems to get each game, but thats marketing/business for ya.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I agree, it's a bit annoying. Nomura wants to introduce KH on as many platforms as possible but the games aren't very newcomer friendly I think.
It really is. I say each game for the exception of Days and RE:Coded cane be "jumped into" but naturally your going to have questions about what happened in the previous game.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Who buys a console for one game? That's just really stupid.
Honestly though, get a 3DS if you can.
It's going to have a lot of good games for it.

ChrisP

Who buys a console for one game? That's just really stupid.
Honestly though, get a 3DS if you can.
It's going to have a lot of good games for it.

Yeah, I haven't really had a problem since I like a lot of games for all the systems KH games are on. It is annoying for others who only like the KH game for that system. (My cousin was pissed since he didn't want to buy a PSP for BBS since he didn't want the PSP for any other game)

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I think we get one of these topics every couple of weeks/months.

KH being so spread over multiple systems never bothered me before, but conviniently I've always already had every system I've needed to play whatever KH game that's come out so far (lul, now I feel spoiled...:/). Spreading them out is also to make them more accessible to casual players and players on a low buget since handhelds systems and games are a bit cheaper than home systems.

rascus213

I am a little pissed that the KH 'spinoffs' are spread acrossed different platforms. I already have to buy a psp for BBS. And now since the damn ending for Re coded was so good im going to have to get a 3ds for KH3D this series is going to make me bankrupt! Thank god i already have a PS3 IF 3 will even be on it.

ok....

just go to youtube then and watch the cut scenes
if all you would buy a 3ds for is kh3d then dont even bother wasting your money

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
When you can read in-depth Wikipedia articles and YouTube playthroughs and cutscenes, there is absolutely nothing forcing you to play the games. Quit feeling an obligation to spend your money on a single console purely because of one game, even if you're likely to get more. It's just stupid.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You don't have to buy a new system for every Kingdom Hearts game. You can watch the gameplay online, or find a friend who has the game. If you are going to buy a new system, you should do research into games you might want on it. If there is only one game for it, then you don't buy it. If you know there are a ton of games you will enjoy or have wanted to play, buy the system and buy the game that made you decide to buy the system in the first place.

In my opinion, the 3DS will probably be a system worth buying and not just for Kingdom Hearts. Practically every famous Japanese game franchise will be releasing a game on the 3DS, and most of those franchises have games I have enjoyed in the past. But say you don't find any of those games appealing; don't buy a 3DS.

If you want to play KH3D that bad, go ahead and buy the system. In no way are you obligated to buy a new system for a new game. I know my friend is a Kingdom Hearts fan and she has only played CoM but has watched every single walkthrough of every game (minus CoM) in the series so far and still enjoys the series that way.

I think we get one of these topics every couple of weeks/months.

KH being so spread over multiple systems never bothered me before, but conviniently I've always already had every system I've needed to play whatever KH game that's come out so far (lul, now I feel spoiled...:/). Spreading them out is also to make them more accessible to casual players and players on a low buget since handhelds systems and games are a bit cheaper than home systems.

Your sig makes me think of some yaoi or hentai doujin. But It just looks like Sora has played too much Wii and forgot how to swallow his saliva. Ew.

PianoxLullaby

Website
www.pianoxlullaby.deviantart.com
Agreed. Not everyone can afford to spend $300+ dollars every time a new KH game shows up. I love this series, despite how Nomura tends to disappoint quite often, but it's so hard to keep up with everything when I don't have the money to spend on new gaming platforms for each new installment. =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back