• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

3D final boss/test

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who would you prefer or think is more likely?

• Sora vs Riku. Epic brodown man.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Xehanort's Heartless/Xemnas. Year old trailer forshadowing FTW!

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Why choose when you could have both?

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Neither, give us something else.

Votes: 17 24.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
If yensid wants them both to become masters, why would he have them fight eachother? Maybe they will, and maybe they will fight xemnas/XH. Honestly I can see both happening, and both becoming masters, but Nomura said something crazy will happen at the end.

Like, them both losing and Kairi becoming a Keyblade Master? Now that's fucking crazy.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
If yensid wants them both to become masters, why would he have them fight eachother? Maybe they will, and maybe they will fight xemnas/XH. Honestly I can see both happening, and both becoming masters, but Nomura said something crazy will happen at the end.

I think Eraqus wanted both Aqua and Terra to succeed too, but that didn't stop him. The thing is, the winner wouldn't be automatically master. It's just a test of them not only in using their skills, but also them as a person in a fight. The loser could become master while the winner wouldn't, both could make it or neither.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
What's wrong with Kairi becoming a Keyblade Master?

Maybe in a few years, but for now, she has no experience what so ever. Her killing a few Heartless with someone else's Keyblade isn't really experience. In Sora's first experience with the Keyblade, he took down a giant Heartless and dozens of smaller ones along the way. Despite Darkside removing him after the fight, that was just because he wasn't trained enough, which he corrected by game's end.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Maybe in a few years, but for now, she has no experience what so ever. Her killing a few Heartless with someone else's Keyblade isn't really experience. In Sora's first experience with the Keyblade, he took down a giant Heartless and dozens of smaller ones along the way. Despite Darkside removing him after the fight, that was just because he wasn't trained enough, which he corrected by game's end.

Umm, Destiny's Embrace is Kairi's keyblade. Play Aqua's story in BBS and pay attention in Radiant Garden.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think a fight with Xehanort's alternate forms would be nice, especially if the Guardian appears and they all have new moves, but technically, even in Days, Sora fought Riku. Roxas is Sora.

Better than just another Riku vs Sora again in any case, it's getting old.

Roxas himself would slash you apart for that if he heard it, y'know?
Roxas is not Sora, just as Naminé is not Kairi and Xemnas is not Terra nor Xehanort.

Because people for some odd reason tend to compare this MoM-exam to the classic version shown by Eraqus in BBS while it is strikingly obvious that Yen Sid does his exams differently.
Furthermore, although I personally don't grasp why, some people seem to want to have a Sora vs Riku again despite we already had it so often.
Nomura always has some surprise up his sleeve, lol.

Like, them both losing and Kairi becoming a Keyblade Master? Now that's fucking crazy.

What the heck has this to do with Kairi?
Both Sora and Riku losing at the final battle but survive can happen without even involving Kairi.

What's wrong with Kairi becoming a Keyblade Master?

The wrong thing is that it is way too early...Kairi has close to no battle experience and progress in fighting abilities.
Not to mention she has no own keyblade.
Making her a fighting machine now would be even more unrealistic than having Xehanort, Ansem SoD and Xemnas around as the triumvirate of horror at the same time.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Better than just another Riku vs Sora again in any case, it's getting old.

Roxas himself would slash you apart for that if he heard it, y'know?
Roxas is not Sora, just as Naminé is not Kairi and Xemnas is not Terra nor Xehanort.

Because people for some odd reason tend to compare this MoM-exam to the classic version shown by Eraqus in BBS while it is strikingly obvious that Yen Sid does his exams differently.
Furthermore, although I personally don't grasp why, some people seem to want to have a Sora vs Riku again despite we already had it so often.
Nomura always has some surprise up his sleeve, lol.

What the heck has this to do with Kairi?
Both Sora and Riku losing at the final battle but survive can happen without even involving Kairi.

The wrong thing is that it is way too early...Kairi has close to no battle experience and progress in fighting abilities.
Not to mention she has no own keyblade.
Making her a fighting machine now would be even more unrealistic than having Xehanort, Ansem SoD and Xemnas around as the triumvirate of horror at the same time

Well if she was a fighting machine out oof nowhere, she just be another Mary Sue/Gary Stu we have deal (ex: Red, debatable Xion, ectc), but if she learns how to fight and develop on her own, she be as well-rounded as Riku.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well if she was a fighting machine out oof nowhere, she just be another Mary Sue/Gary Stu we have deal (ex: Red, debatable Xion, ectc), but if she learns how to fight and develop on her own, she be as well-rounded as Riku.

That would not be it entirely, as it would contradict her whole character so far. I won't go on any of those "examples" as I despise character bashing.
She can learn to fight and develop, yes, but the fruits of that should be kept to the next saga, otherwise it would be too rushed.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
That would not be it entirely, as it would contradict her whole character so far. I won't go on any of those "examples" as I despise character bashing.
She can learn to fight and develop, yes, but the fruits of that should be kept to the next saga, otherwise it would be too rushed.

I don't hate Red (It's just the manga version I don't like becuse people keep calling him God/Chuck Norris/etc. I do like the Game version), and I am a member of Xion CC. And you are right, but still.. With all the Kairi bashing happening, I rather it be in BBSv2 or KH3.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I think Kairi could be a great keyblade wielder. She's a princess of heart so she automatically has rights to wield a keyblade. Who knows, maybe Sora and Riku taught her some moves. And she technically does have her own keyblade: in one of the novels Riku was thinking of Kairi at some point and the Destiny's Embrace keyblade appeared to him. That's why he just had an extra keyblade to give in KH2 to Kairi because it was hers.

Watch this if you don't think Kairi has the potential for kicking some ass:
dead fantasy 2 HD - YouTube

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Dead Fantasy is fan-made completely for fan-service. That shouldn't even be bought up in this discussion.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I don't hate Red (It's just the manga version I don't like becuse people keep calling him God/Chuck Norris/etc. I do like the Game version), and I am a member of Xion CC. And you are right, but still.. With all the Kairi bashing happening, I rather it be in BBSv2 or KH3.

To be honest I don't even know that character since I'm not into Pokemon anyways.
Xion is another issue and while she's inside my top 10 (which houses more than 10 characters anyways due to many spots shared by more than one character) she's clearly not my overall favorite.

BBSv2 or KH3 would be way too early, especially with BBSv2 rumored to jump all over the timeline between the end of BBS to the start of DDD and in KH3 with the tormented ones to be finally rescued and battling Xehanort and co. we have more important things to attend than already having Kairi battling.
They could let her start training during or at the end of KH3 but that would be it.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Soo... you hate the character because what people call him? What about the character himself? I mean, you're entitled to your opinion, but I fail to see how that is a logically sound argument. I mean, it's like telling someone I DON'T LIKE YOU BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE LOVE YOU. Which... doesn't make much sense at all. I like Red myself, but he's no God or Chuck Norris. The thing that makes the manga Red so good is that he's human. Not godly or anything; I mean, he has SOME talent as a Trainer, but he's still only human. He was frozen for almost an entire arc, for crying out loud. How is that godly?

Also, anyone who still thinks Chuck Norris as God is relevant or funny in any way is obviously trapped in 2004. It's funny every once in a while, but if one brings it up repeatedly, either they're dumb or trolling.

But I digress. This final boss fight better be epic and utilize everything the game has to offer.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Isn't Sora's & Riku's experience being undone? Yen Sid was retraining them to fight like proper keyblade warriors or something.

How would Kairi be worse off than them at that point?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Apparently Sora and Riku still have their fighting progress and experience, only their abilities and techniques regarding the keyblade are reset and need to be re-learned the proper way.

Kairi has close to no battle experience at all...she only swatted some shadows over the head.
And the fact no keyblade has yet chosen Kairi still remains as well.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well ok then. I sure hope Mickey is training her off-screen while the MoM is going on. At least get her up to Ven's level, he wasn't ready for MoM either but was still fully playable.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Apparently Sora and Riku still have their fighting progress and experience, only their abilities and techniques regarding the keyblade are reset and need to be re-learned the proper way.

Kairi has close to no battle experience at all...she only swatted some shadows over the head.
And the fact no keyblade has yet chosen Kairi still remains as well.

While I actually am not a fan of Current!Kairi, and am in love with Kid!Kairi and Possible-Future!Kairi, it's actually very possible she'll be fighting by/in KH3. Sora only had wooden sword experience, and fought right off the bat in KH1. Not to mention we've had lots of incidents where we had fighters develop over a game that couldn't (Hope in FFXIII). If anything, her learning over the course of one game/in KH3 would not only help her not be useless, but also develop her.

I actually would rather he fight in this saga than wait another one.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Umm, Destiny's Embrace is Kairi's keyblade. Play Aqua's story in BBS and pay attention in Radiant Garden.

No, it's Aqua's Keyblade. Kairi didn't summon it, Riku handed it to Kairi. So, that means that there is a higher chance of Riku owning it than Kairi. And yes, I played that part.

Gram

Banned
Awards
We rarely fight against Riku as himself with an actual keyblade.
uh so? riku's still riku.

your the one that needs to pay attention, in kh2 riku is the one who summons it meaning its his she just borrowed it.
also in bbs again aqua used it what does it have to do with kairi? sure she got the keychain after meeting kairi but that doesnt make it hers.

summoning a keyblade and using one are different things, like how riku used Oblivion in days against roxas sure he used the keyblade but it wasnt his, roxas summoned it which means it belongs to roxas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back