• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

3D final boss/test

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who would you prefer or think is more likely?

• Sora vs Riku. Epic brodown man.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Xehanort's Heartless/Xemnas. Year old trailer forshadowing FTW!

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Why choose when you could have both?

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Neither, give us something else.

Votes: 17 24.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LucasDraleau

Nomura says, "If you think about it, weren't you always fighting some form of Xehanort."

I going to assume he means:
KH0 (Final Boss -"Human" Xehanort and Terranort)
KH0.5 (Final Boss - ??) Depends on KH2.5
KH1 (Final Boss - Heartless Xehanort)
KH2 (Final Boss - Nobody Xehanort)
KH2.5 (Final Boss - Some Form Xehanort; Most likely MF or Apprentice Xehanort)
KH3 (Final Boss - Some Form of Xehanort; Most likely Young Xehanort)

I don't think that he includes:
Days (Final Boss - Xion and Riku)
Coded (Final Boss - Heartless Sora and Roxas)
CoM (for Sora: Final Boss - Marluxia)
Since they didn't revolve around Xehanort.

The only Xehanorts that we currently know of that remain are Young Xehanort and Apprentice Xehanort, since reformed Xehanort is one or the other, unless the Mysterious Figure is a new form of Xehanort.

If the Mysterious Figure is a new form of Xehanort, then I expect that we will see him as the final boss for 2.5 (3D), however if he isn't then I suspect that Apprentice Xehanort will be the final boss for 2.5.

If the Mysterious Figure is the final boss for this one, then I think that we'll see Apprentice Xehanort as a boss in 0.5 (BBS Vol.2).

Altogether, I have a strange feeling that somehow we'll face every form of Xehanort in KH before the end, and if Apprentice Xehanort (or Mysterious Figure depending on if he's another form of Xehanort) is the Final Boss of 3D and Apprentice Xehanort is in BBS Vol.2 , then Sora would've faced every form of Xehanort (Old, Terranort, Heartless, Nobody, Apprentice, MF?) known to us at this point in time. Leaving Young Xehanort for KH3.

Sorry for the confusing presentation. Just trying to convey it the best way I can think of.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Nomura says, "If you think about it, weren't you always fighting some form of Xehanort." I going to assume he means KH0 (Final Boss -"Human" Xehanort and Terranort), KH1 (Final Boss - Heartless Xehanort), KH2 (Final Boss - Nobody Xehanort) and now KH2.5 (Final Boss - ? Xehanort), since Days (Final Boss - Xion and Riku), Coded (Final Boss - Heartless Sora and Roxas), and CoM (for Sora: Final Boss - Marluxia) didn't revolve around Xehanort. Judging from this, I'm going to assume that we either fight some new entity that arose from the creation of Xehanort aka The Mysterious Figure, or Apprentice Xehanort. I have a strange feeling that somehow we'll face Young Xehanort in KH 3, and if Apprentice Xehanort is the Final Boss of this one, then Sora would've faced every form of Xehanort (Old, Terranort, Heartless, Nobody, Apprentice, and Young) known to us at this point in time.

Interesting theory, but then what Xehanort would we fight?

LucasDraleau

Interesting theory, but then what Xehanort would we fight?

"If the Mysterious Figure is a new form of Xehanort, then I expect that we will see him as the final boss for 2.5 (3D), however if he isn't then I suspect that Apprentice Xehanort will be the final boss for 2.5."

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
For KH2.5, or KH3D: I'm going to assume that we either fight some new entity that arose from the creation of Xehanort aka The Mysterious Figure, or Apprentice Xehanort.

I doubt the Mysterious Figure would appear. Unless he got much weaker in the Realm of Sleep.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I doubt the Mysterious Figure would appear. Unless he got much weaker in the Realm of Sleep.

I don't even get what you mean. If you never noticed in BBS/BBSFM, the MF sorta vanishes as if he is crossing through time or through realms. He looks like he may be stuck in between wake and sleep, but exists within the Realm of Sleep.

Absolute

Bonus bosses are always super powerfully charged versus their in-story battle in the next game. KHII Xemmas (from his against only Sora) was no where near as difficult as KHI Xemnas which was a super boss. Lingering Will in BBS did not have all those crazy attacks and power that KHII Lingering Will had.

So, if MF is in 3D as a story boss and not bonus boss, his power will be greatly lowered so people can actually beat the game.

I suspect that BBS MF will be a part of the final boss fight in 3D but not the FINAL final boss fight.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
I'm gonna go with neither.

The MoM exam is only PART of 3D. So that tosses out Sora and Riku as the FINAL Boss.

Xemnas/Ansem SoD: Well. Whatthehell. How would they come back? The only way I can see it happening is in the Realm of Sleep, in other words, during the MoM exam.

Gram

Banned
Awards
give me something else, i've already fought riku in every other game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We did in Days. There's nothing unique to it.

I would hardly use Days as an example. He used Blade Charge, which was different from most of his common attacks. Also, DDD!Riku, by the end of the game, would have a ton of new abilities that he'd be a completely different fighter than KH1, CoM, Days, and KH2 Riku.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Wait, did we fight Riku in KH2? It's been forever since I played it. -_-

So yeah, since the MoM is only part of the game (little factoid I missed) this makes the idea a bit harder, but not necessarily impossible. The MoM could be interrupted at some point in the game and be taken up again later on. :3 (unless Nomura specifically said that wouldn't happen, which I doubt)

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Thought I heard Nomura say somewhere that the MoM test would NOT take the entire game to complete.
*this comment requires citation*

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Thought I heard Nomura say somewhere that the MoM test would NOT take the entire game to complete.
*this comment requires citation*
I always take whatever he says with a grain of salt. An interuption could be an acceptable loophole in his words, as then you finish the game with the MoM, but it didn't take the entire game to complete it.

In Land of Dragons 2nd Visit.

Right, I remember now. If you could call that a fight.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Fact is, at least for me, that we had enough Sora vs Riku as except BBS and Days we actually had it in every entry so far.

So get on something new...a parallel fight with revived Ansem SoD and Xemnas would be nice, but something entirely new like a fight against a reformed Xehanort, yep, also Sora and Riku losing in the end even if winning the fight from a gameplay perspective would also be not such a bad thing.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Fact is, at least for me, that we had enough Sora vs Riku as except BBS and Days we actually had it in every entry so far.

So get on something new...a parallel fight with revived Ansem SoD and Xemnas would be nice, but something entirely new like a fight against a reformed Xehanort, yep, also Sora and Riku losing in the end even if winning the fight from a gameplay perspective would also be not such a bad thing.

I think a fight with Xehanort's alternate forms would be nice, especially if the Guardian appears and they all have new moves, but technically, even in Days, Sora fought Riku. Roxas is Sora.

Radar

Bronze Member
If yensid wants them both to become masters, why would he have them fight eachother? Maybe they will, and maybe they will fight xemnas/XH. Honestly I can see both happening, and both becoming masters, but Nomura said something crazy will happen at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back