• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

3D final boss/test

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who would you prefer or think is more likely?

• Sora vs Riku. Epic brodown man.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Xehanort's Heartless/Xemnas. Year old trailer forshadowing FTW!

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Why choose when you could have both?

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Neither, give us something else.

Votes: 17 24.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I know this is pretty early, but the idea stuck in my head so I figured why the hell not.

I was thinking, if the MoM takes up the entire storyline, it stands to reason that the final boss could be part of the test (unless the game's plot gets hijacked by a villain)
Yen Sid could pull a Eraqus and have Riku and Sora fight each other to test their skills (as victory or loss doesn't matter when it came to passing the exam anyway, both can still pass)

I'd like to know how'd that sound to you peeps. :3 A retread of the old Sora vs Riku rivalry, only without malicious intent like the last time it went down. It could even show some character development, if whoever loses doesn't get hung up on it.

(Also: imagine if they could have the game analyze cleared game save files of the other character and adjust the final boss accordingly to how far you grew there)

Last edited:

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Honestly, I can see a Sora vs Riku happening, although from the original E3 trailer we had... It could well be their greatest enemies in the form of Xemnas and Xehanort's Heartless, respectively.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Honestly, I can see a Sora vs Riku happening, although from the original E3 trailer we had... It could well be their greatest enemies in the form of Xemnas and Xehanort's Heartless, respectively.

I thought of that too, but I'm actually more in favor of Sora vs Riku. Then again, it could be both. Xemnas/Xehanort's Heartless could be the final part of the Realm of Sleep, with Sora vs Riku afterwards to show what they've learned throughout the entire ordeal. Or something similar to that.

EDIT: Gonna add a poll for this.

Last edited:

Rohan

Honestly I am gonna have to go with the Xemnas, Xehanorts Heartless theory more than the brodown, just because even if Yen Sid pulled an Eraqus and had them duel, from what we've heard the exam ends before the game does. So I'm gonna say the Xemnas, Xehanorts Heartless battle, but I hope something even more epic happens.

Light~

It would be interesting if they pulled a TWEWY twist to the fighting style, and used both screens in the battle. (Example if you were playing as Sora vs Xemnas you would have Riku vs Xehanort on the bottom/top screen) and you can control them both. I don't know how that would work out graphics-wise though...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It would be interesting if they pulled a TWEWY twist to the fighting style, and used both screens in the battle. (Example if you were playing as Sora vs Xemnas you would have Riku vs Xehanort on the bottom/top screen) and you can control them both. I don't know how that would work out graphics-wise though...

It would work out graphically. It would just be hard to pay attention to each screen with something like that going on. Also a lot of the game mechanics would have to be changed since the bottom screen involves Reality Shift and the map and all of the buttons would have to be reassigned...

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I'm for the idea that you first fight each characters respective enemy, then they fight each other.
It'd be baller as fuck if we could do the fight twice s as to play from different perspectives though.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
It would work out graphically. It would just be hard to pay attention to each screen with something like that going on. Also a lot of the game mechanics would have to be changed since the bottom screen involves Reality Shift and the map and all of the buttons would have to be reassigned...

I agree. While it would be fun, changing so much about the mechanics for a single fight would probably be a bit too silly.

I'm for the idea that you first fight each characters respective enemy, then they fight each other.
It'd be baller as bonk if we could do the fight twice s as to play from different perspectives though.

Well, they're both playable so if it turns out like this, you would play it from both perspectives right?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What if they pull a days on us. Sora/ Riku are fighting Xemnas/Ansem respectively, but after each deal a final blow, it turns out they were fighting each other, under the illusion that they looked like their enemy. Sorta like what happened to Roxas and Xion.

I was also thinking on that a few times. It seems possible, but after the whole thing with Zexion, I think Riku can smell through an illusion.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
The Sora vs Riku fight would be good, but I lean towards the Xemnas/Xehanort's Heartless fight. Since we are supposed to be switching back and forth between Sora and Riku I could see the final fight being like this: You would fight one stage of the battle as Riku vs XH and once his HP is gone you then switch over to the Sora vs Xemnas fight. You would pretty much switch back and forth with Xemnas and XH becoming more powerful with each fight like they did in their own final boss battles.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I was also thinking on that a few times. It seems possible, but after the whole thing with Zexion, I think Riku can smell through an illusion.

I agree. I'm not in favor of illusions anyway (unless Zexion's involved) I believe it's been a bit overdone.
Having the two playable characters fight each other in the end for a straight fight doesn't really happen all that much.

The Sora vs Riku fight would be good, but I lean towards the Xemnas/Xehanort's Heartless fight. Since we are supposed to be switching back and forth between Sora and Riku I could see the final fight being like this: You would fight one stage of the battle as Riku vs XH and once his HP is gone you then switch over to the Sora vs Xemnas fight. You would pretty much switch back and forth with Xemnas and XH becoming more powerful with each fight like they did in their own final boss battles.

I think it's more likely they go the route of BBS and have two story modes rather than forcing a switch, or is there some info I missed in the last couple of days? :/

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
I think it's more likely they go the route of BBS and have two story modes rather than forcing a switch, or is there some info I missed in the last couple of days? :/
Last I heard we would still have to do the switch during gameplay (unless that has changed and I didn't hear that). I figured that they would keep with it until the final boss fight.

inverse K-blade7

I expect some dream version of Master Xehanort or Terranort. But it could be that stage 1 is Ansem Sod stage 2 is Xemnas, and stage 3 is reformed xehanort, just to show the whole process.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Since the MoM exam is only part of the story, I doubt Sora VS Riku would be the final battle. My prediction is that Sora and Riku will fight Xemnas and Heartless Xehanort respectively. When they beat them, Xemnas and Heartless Xehanort will do a Fusion-ha and become.... Mysterious Figure!!! XD Then Sora and Riku will fight him together like they did with Xemnas in KHII. But when they win, he won't die, (because he's too awesome to die and because no one ever dies in KH) leaving room for him to reek some havoc in KHIII.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Sora and Riku fight, but halfway through their fight, a boss attacks and you have to team up with Riku and beat it. That's what I think.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
They are probably fighting each other ala Roxas and Xion, but for the MoM exam unwillingly to show what their true disposition is.

Youniquee

Awards
Sora and Riku fight, but halfway through their fight, a boss attacks and you have to team up with Riku and beat it. That's what I think.

If there is a Riku and Sora fight, this will probably happen. But it'll nice fighting Riku with a keyblade while he's actually himself.
I wonder if there's different scenarios in this game or something...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
If there is a Riku and Sora fight, this will probably happen. But it'll nice fighting Riku with a keyblade while he's actually himself.
I wonder if there's different scenarios in this game or something...

Doubt it. Nomura doesn't reuse his idea's unless he's running out. We have the ability to ride a fucking dog in battle, Nomura is full of ideas, I can already tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back