• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

2009 MLB Season

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Oh hey my best fran Mike is back <3

Well, I personally have to be a biased asshole and say that I think the Philies will come out on top. The only hindrance I can see in the long run is the pitching. But I cane feel the Phillies/Yankees World Series. That would certainly be a worthwhile series.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
Wow gaddamn papelbon. Kinda saw this comming though. He hasn't been safe in close games since he stopped throwing the splitter.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Yeah when Holiday made that error I pretty much knew it was all over. I was so pissed cause Big Wainwright did exactly what the Cardinals needed. Pitches an amazing game and Holiday screws it up. I wouldn't have minded it too much if he didn't come out and make an excuse. Should have just said he missed it.

Anyway sort of glad Red Sox are gone, but the Yankees I was just shocked in this series. It pretty much was saying that the umps wanted the Yankees the win with a few blown calls that could have changed the game completely.

The Rockies and Phillies has been teh best series so far. I bet it is damn cold as they play tonight and last night it was like 19 degrees that is crazy.

Anyway the Rockies blew it and Lidge came in and again closed a game. Good job Phillies, but they will need to bring their A game to make it to the World Series again.

So the series are as follows

Phillies vs Dodgers
Angels vs Yankees

First the Phillies vs Dodgers series.
I think this should be a really good series. Lee won't be able to start in game 1 of this series so Hamels is really going to need to make a step to show that he hasn't lost it yet. I like Hamels and if he can get it together he can baffle hitters constantly. Now who will be the number 1 starter for Dodger is up in the air, but I can see them pitching Kreshaw (i think that is the name or something) in game 1. So lefty vs lefty either way. It should be a good pitching game. Now the overall series who do I like? Well in sense of an overall rounded team I like the Phillies. They got the hitting that can cripple you and pitching (when on) that is just dominate, and bullpin can be stable when on as well. I will say Phillies win the NL again in 6. Now how could the Dodgers win? They need Manny to step it up and get those RBIs. IF he gets going and others get on in front of him look for this to go to 7 games, but I will stick with the Phillies making their second trip to the World Series in 2 years.

Angels vs Yankees
Now Angels I see this team as more of a NL type team since they play small ball and just have that nice rounded team. Their only problem is they been choking in the playoffs since they won it all back in 2001 (i think). They will need to get people on base against these Yankee pitches and make sure the capitalize on runners in scoring position if they plan to win. Now the Yankees just are not the same team we seen in the past. They are looking like they are having fun and even though I feel like they bought their team again this year, I can't help but root for a team that looks to be having fun. My problem with the Yankees isn't really with the Yankees but with the league itself. The Twins had 2 horrible plays called against them that could have costed them 2 games in that series. Game 1 a homerun was called foul, but looking at replay says it was fair? It feels like the league is wanting the Yankees to win and why wouldn't they? Big market team wins and this means more revenue for MLB. Really I am hoping the Angels win one to push the league around, but I don't think they will be able to overcome this good Yankee roster and pitching staff. I say Yankees win in 6 as well.

Last edited:

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Dodgers so far are doing everything right and only 4 outs away from tying the series. Broxton coming in to save the game we will see. Dodgers are in a must win game.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I seriously thought the dodger had this so i didnt watch the end. I watched Broxton throw 3 straight balls and said that I better stop watching cause if I keep watching I am going to see this horrible collapse again by the dodgers. I am not a fan of the dodgers and I picked Phillies to win in 6, but now I don't think a 6th game will happen.

D

The KR3W
I was just waiting for that game to be over to make the series 2-2, but...

I literally went balls crazy when Rollins got that hit.

<3 my Phillies

I was going all types of craziness when that happened.
...then laughed at my Dodger's fan friend.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Yeah that was SUCH a great game. That was all we could talk about in school today.

But with the Phillies off tonight, I'm hoping that the Angels can manage to win another game tonight. I would love for the upset this series. Plus it would make my chances off getting off school the day of the potential Phillies parade again this year more likely.

D

The KR3W
Good times at last year's parade.
Hopefully I would get another opportunity to go if in fact they do a parade at all. Questionable though if its on a weekday though like last year; which has a good chance it most likely will be.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Yeah I was in the ballpark for the parade. I ended up being stuck in traffic and behind a car accident for 4 hours and showed up 15 minutes before the opening night of my school's play, which I was in the first scene.

But anyway, it's not looking good for the Angels. Down 5-1 in the bottom of the 7th.

Avalon

?Templar King?
Website
knightly-gamers.com
Hell yea. Phillies movin to the World Series. Such an amazing game. Can't believe we are going back again for a second year in a row. I'm feeling repeat. Phillies are hot and doing great. I'm not so sure Yankees can beat them at all. Angels for sure are losing tomorrow. Can't wait for the World Series to start next week.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
PLEASE tell me that Brad Lidge is finally going to play the way he should have been all season.

Also, I'm still going with the Phillies, regardless of if they play the Yankees or Angels (likely the Yankees). While yes, the Yankees are a hot team right now as well, the Phillies offense has been ridiculous. I think the run total so far in the playoffs is about 56 after 9 games. That is just outstanding to do. And with Cliff Lee being able to go deep, as well as quite a few other pitchers, I can be more confident in the bullpen, as they will be so much more well rested.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
The Angels really showing some heart, but I don't think they can pull a Red Sox and come out to win the series. I see this ending in game 6.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I don't see them winning either, but it would be awesome for them to win. Mainly since I'm not a Yankees fan in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back