• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► WandaVision

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Roxas_Falcon04_#13

Awards
Personally, I like the weekly format in some instances, because I can speculate with other people about what will happen in next week's episode without avoiding being spoiled and also because I'm not always going to be able to just drop what I'm doing to binge watch the entire season of a new show. Although I prefer binge watching in most situations, simply because it feels like I'm watching one long movie and because that way it feels like a cohesive plot instead of just small things happening in one episode and having to wait until the next episode to find out what is happening. It also depends on the length of the season. For instance, I think the weekly format works better for shows that have longer seasons of 13+ episodes (just about any major network show). With shows that have shorter seasons of 10 episodes or less (The Mandalorian, WandaVision, just about any Netflix original series as well), binge watching would be much better. I didn't like having to wait a week for new episodes of the Mandalorian and I don't like doing it now either with WandaVision, yet I still do it to avoid spoilers and to speculate with my friends who are also fans of these shows. If I didn't care about spoilers or speculating with other fans, then by all means, I would wait until all episodes are available and watch the entire season in one day. Ultimately though, the real reason Disney+ is doing this is so that people will stay subscribed so they can get more money, but I don't care very much, because the weekly format doesn't take away from the overall quality of the shows. The Mandalorian is the best Star Wars stories in a while and I am enjoying WandaVision so far. They are good shows, so as long as the quality of these shows does not begin to drop, I think the price of admission and the weekly wait is worth it.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I had free time during my lunch break to watch and holy shit.

I think Wanda has absolutely cracked the multiverse and probably pulled Fox’s Quicksilver into it as he would be the closest adjacent to her Pietro.

The boys are an anomaly, which means either Wanda has created them from something (Mephisto’s soul) or has pulled them from another reality. Nothing in her bubble exists from nothing. Everything is changed from something existing within that town or is brought in.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I just wanna warn people that there’s leaks online about episode 6. There’s also a leaked Funko toy that includes spoilers about next episode too. Be careful.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Inside WestView that was possibly the best episode yet.

But the stuff outside is just so poor in comparison. Like an afterthought. That scene when where Wanda comes out to play was outstanding though. And Monica is great.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Inside WestView that was possibly the best episode yet.

But the stuff outside is just so poor in comparison. Like an afterthought. That scene when where Wanda comes out to play was outstanding though. And Monica is great.

It’s because the boss is really lame. He ruins every scene he’s in haha

Monica being juxtaposed as the main character in parallel to Wanda is fantastic.

also she has beef over her favorite aunt and I need to know what went down and why she’s dodging any topic about Carol.

I s2g Carol had better been there when Maria died in between traveling space or I’ll be bitter.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
The way they went over Wanda's backstory and powers means that it must be something relevant. I just found it kind of annoying how they got it wrong, even when they had the chance to explain it. They say that she has telepathic and telekinetic powers, but then go on to say that she's warping reality and had the power to kill Thanos. Like which is it? I also hate that they made her so OP with that "she could kill Thanos" line drop. It also annoys me because she's not telepathic in the comics and never showed any signs of being a telepath in prior films. If she really was one, she could have used that power on Thanos during their fight.
I hate to be the "Well actually guy", but when she first debuted in Age of Ultron her main focus was her mind manipulation and reading. She didn't use that power much afterwards, but it's a well established part of her powerset. At the moment no-one, but the audience is aware that she is using untamed magic for all of this, so they think she's using telepathy and telekinesis.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I hate to be the "Well actually guy", but when she first debuted in Age of Ultron her main focus was her mind manipulation and reading. She didn't use that power much afterwards, but it's a well established part of her powerset. At the moment no-one, but the audience is aware that she is using untamed magic for all of this, so they think she's using telepathy and telekinesis.
Oops, I haven't seen Age of Ultron since it was in cinemas because I thought it was horrible. I forgot all about that. Thanks for the reminder.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Next week should be the Halloween episode. Which means we’ll finally see the scene from the trailer where Vision wakes up Agnes. Hoping that means we’ll get some answers about her character.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

That line drop didn’t make her OP. That was a direct reference to the power she displayed in Endgame where she absolutely would have killed Thanos had he not told Ebony Maw to reign fire down on the battlefield. She was about to rip him apart, but couldn’t keep her focus with missiles coming down on her.

And yeah the mind control was used in Age of Ultron and to a lesser extent in Civil War when she brought Vision to his knees. So it isn’t a question of which is it. She can do all those things. The reality warping is certainly an evolution of the powers we’ve seen before, but it’s definitely rooted in the comics.

I’m hoping you’re right about Quicksilver being “the same, but not” as his Fox counterpart. And I hope they use this to retroactively explain Jameson’s appearance in Far From Home. I’m thinking the multiverse has been cracked open and characters from non-MCU films will have the potential to pop up. Just like when people enter Wanda’s bubble though, they’ll be changed to fit into the MCU. It’s still too early to tell if he’s truly an AU Quicksilver, but I think Billy or someone else may have pulled him from the multiverse after Wanda told the kids about him being far away rather than dead.

Monica being juxtaposed as the main character in parallel to Wanda is fantastic.

Agreed. She’s the heroic lead of the show right now with Wanda currently being the villain. Also, her scans coming out as just white light make me think she may already be developing her powers.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Next week should be the Halloween episode. Which means we’ll finally see the scene from the trailer where Vision wakes up Agnes. Hoping that means we’ll get some answers about her character.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

That line drop didn’t make her OP. That was a direct reference to the power she displayed in Endgame where she absolutely would have killed Thanos had he not told Ebony Maw to reign fire down on the battlefield. She was about to rip him apart, but couldn’t keep her focus with missiles coming down on her.

And yeah the mind control was used in Age of Ultron and to a lesser extent in Civil War when she brought Vision to his knees. So it isn’t a question of which is it. She can do all those things. The reality warping is certainly an evolution of the powers we’ve seen before, but it’s definitely rooted in the comics.

I’m hoping you’re right about Quicksilver being “the same, but not” as his Fox counterpart. And I hope they use this to retroactively explain Jameson’s appearance in Far From Home. I’m thinking the multiverse has been cracked open and characters from non-MCU films will have the potential to pop up. Just like when people enter Wanda’s bubble though, they’ll be changed to fit into the MCU. It’s still too early to tell if he’s truly an AU Quicksilver, but I think Billy or someone else may have pulled him from the multiverse after Wanda told the kids about him being far away rather than dead.

Agreed. She’s the heroic lead of the show right now with Wanda currently being the villain. Also, her scans coming out as just white light make me think she may already be developing her powers.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I dunno. I still don't like the idea of a character being able to obliterate another with ease. If she were able to do it in EndGame, why didn't she do it in Infinity War? Having a character declared so powerful (like Captain Marvel and now apparently Wanda) tilts the balance of power in the world and asks you to suspend too much disbelief. If Wanda really could have torn Thanos apart, why wasn't the plan in Infinity War to clear the path for Wanda to target Thanos and do her thing? It's just not really good writing to have OP characters because it opens up questions to why didn't X do Y to solve Z.

In Infinity War, she was busy trying to destroy to render Thanos’ goal impossible to complete as she was the only one capable of destroying it. Thanos had the near full power of the Infinity Gauntlet when she faced him and she still was able to hold him back with one hand while simultaneously destroying the Mind Stone. After she destroyed it, she was understandably weakened, giving Thanos the chance to turn back time and get the stone.

Even though she has powerful abilities, she is still written with qualities that keep her grounded, such as her grief from the trauma she’s experienced and her focus on wanting a normal life with Vision. On the power level side of things. there’s also the fact that she’s a glass cannon. She has uber powerful abilities, but she can’t take a hit like others can.

In my opinion, the MCU has done a great job of having those kind of checks and balances for its highly powerful characters like Wanda and Thor. We haven’t seen it yet with Captain Marvel, but I have a feeling a certain mutant is on her way to change that.

I do agree with the rest of your post though. I’m incredibly excited at the possibilities going forward with the show and how it’ll impact the MCU at large.

On a different note...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Can Agent Woo be the Coulson of the Disney Plus shows please?
I want him to lead the Agents of Atlas. I don't care whether it's the classic team or the Asian team, Jimmy Woo is a cool character that has a lot of untapped potential.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
In Infinity War, she was busy trying to destroy to render Thanos’ goal impossible to complete as she was the only one capable of destroying it. Thanos had the near full power of the Infinity Gauntlet when she faced him and she still was able to hold him back with one hand while simultaneously destroying the Mind Stone. After she destroyed it, she was understandably weakened, giving Thanos the chance to turn back time and get the stone.

Even though she has powerful abilities, she is still written with qualities that keep her grounded, such as her grief from the trauma she’s experienced and her focus on wanting a normal life with Vision. On the power level side of things. there’s also the fact that she’s a glass cannon. She has uber powerful abilities, but she can’t take a hit like others can.

In my opinion, the MCU has done a great job of having those kind of checks and balances for its highly powerful characters like Wanda and Thor. We haven’t seen it yet with Captain Marvel, but I have a feeling a certain mutant is on her way to change that.

I do agree with the rest of your post though. I’m incredibly excited at the possibilities going forward with the show and how it’ll impact the MCU at large.

On a different note...

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I think part of that is because they want to reiterate how powerful she is to show the threat level now that she’s become a villain of sorts. They want the audience to wonder how anyone is going to be able to stop Wanda. They didn’t change her power level simply by explaining the things we’ve already seen her do. As for future stuff, I trust Marvel to find a way to keep things balanced, whether by having her mainly face opponents of similar power level, nerfing her powers, or something else. They’ve done well so far with this stuff, so I’m not concerned until they give me a reason to be.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It also seems we've reached the point in the MCU where more and more powerful characters will be introduced such as Spectrum(Monica), the Fantastic Four and eventually the X-Men, we've already got pretty powerful characters like Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel, so I don't feel she's too overpowered in comparison.

Back