• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) KINGDOM HEARTS X[chi] Special Episode

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I think the timeline goes like this:

[Chi] = The actual events that happened, not a dream (most likely)
Unchained = A repeat of the actual events that happened in a dream (most likely) OR an attempt to move [Chi] to mobile devices, making it not a dream
Season 2 = After repeating the events of [Chi] many times over, player character gets closer to becoming "unchained", hence a whole new batch of worlds, such as Enchanting Dominion

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I'm still trying to make sense of the internal timeline here. The special episode is titled "Unchained 0[Zero]", so I guess it should play before Unchained, making it an actual continuation of χ[chi], not a split.

Still Unchained also starts with the Awakening, whereas the scene is actually called "My heart leads to you" (キミを導く心) in χ[chi] while the post-game scene is called "Awakening" (目覚め).
Is this really some sort of loop or is it something different? Chirithy is not concerned in the slightest, so was the "final episode" real or not?

The moment you think you have a grasp on these concept they seem to change into something different.
Well, Sleeping Worlds do "loop," so perhaps χ[chi] is the "base loop" of the world's dream (maybe altered slightly from the true events due to Dream Eaters and other unchained individuals like Ephemera and maybe Ava), and Unchained 0[ZERO] is the result of Player finally achieving the state of being unchained, which Ava had speculated they might have been close to earlier.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I just realized something that's obvious, but that I didn't think about until now: the Foretellers probably aren't going to be in S2 at all, are they? That's going to be so weird.

Why will we even bother to try and compete to collect Lux... if we even do that in S2, but if not I feel like Unchained Key S2's going to be a lot different than what we're used to gameplay mechanic-wise.

Though tbh, I really don't think the Foretellers are dead. I think they're the Lost Masters that young Xehanort is talking about in the III trailers, but I don't want to think about that just now.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm still trying to make sense of the internal timeline here. The special episode is titled "Unchained 0[Zero]", so I guess it should play before Unchained, making it an actual continuation of χ[chi], not a split.

Still Unchained also starts with the Awakening, whereas the scene is actually called "My heart leads to you" (キミを導く心) in χ[chi] while the post-game scene is called "Awakening" (目覚め).
Is this really some sort of loop or is it something different? Chirithy is not concerned in the slightest, so was the "final episode" real or not?

The moment you think you have a grasp on these concept they seem to change into something different.
But doesn't Unchained technically start after the Keyblade War?
I just realized something that's obvious, but that I didn't think about until now: the Foretellers probably aren't going to be in S2 at all, are they? That's going to be so weird.

Why will we even bother to try and compete to collect Lux... if we even do that in S2, but if not I feel like Unchained Key S2's going to be a lot different than what we're used to gameplay mechanic-wise.

Though tbh, I really don't think the Foretellers are dead. I think they're the Lost Masters that young Xehanort is talking about in the III trailers, but I don't want to think about that just now.
Well gameplay wise Lux was only important for the rankings, and in Ux for our level. They can easily replace that. And I think that Chirithy automatically collects our Lux anyway so it doesn't matter that much.

Some other questoins about V-Cast though. So no one has the full game as of yet? Like all 4 worlds. And there is no emulator to play it on?

Hirokey123

Awards
You know I've been working on a theory for awhile now, on a phone so it's limited in type but I think that the best way to maybe think of all this is picture the story as...well a literal story l. There is all this talk of how there is this single timeline that can't be changed, all these vague lines of "people who were never meant to meet, even the corridors of darkness work of this vague logic of "only those who have fallen off their paths may use them." It seems messy and complex but if you think of the series as having been taking place in a book it makes more sense. With a book there is an intended ending, there is only one path the story will ultimately take. Every character has a role to play and that is just how it is. As a result stories often bend themselves to serve those characters at times even giving them plot armor. I think this fits what Xehanort has been saying, they are all characters playing out their roles marching to the end of their own tale.

Now as for how this fits into chi it's simple. Think about the events we saw, isn't it odd that say snow white's world was summoned and yet totally devoid of TAV? I mean if these really are summoned from the book entries why are all our critical heroes missing? My theory is this was how the story for that world was meant to go. That originally the story was meant to go just like the movie but then we interfered, changing events but never outcomes. I think things like keyblade and corridors of darkness are kind of like cheats. They let the characters leave their own tales/chapters and jump to different pages where they were never meant to be. That is to say that the series right now is a sandbox, all the contents of the book are shuffled around into one big melting pot. A bunch of scaterred story links disconnected doing their own thing. Like jimminy's journal while the links of memory were unchained the contents were living their own lives, the entry on Sora's heartless for example became sentient and a massively dangerous villain that seemed to escape the confines of its book.

Now think of dwarf woodlands we know 3 ways the story has gone. The Classic Disney movie version, the version where TAV interferes, and the version where the chi player interferes. BUT no matter how things changed the same events always played out. Snow White meets the dwarves, falls asleep, wicked witch dies, and the prince awakens Snow White. I think that is what Xehanort meant by "you can't change the events destined to happen". Basically Xehanort can mess around time all he likes, he can do whatever he wants, and time will adjust itself to make sure that the destined events still happen. That's why he can earnestly say he can't be blamed for TAV's fates, time would of made sure it happened regardless his involvement, he just took advantage of that fact.

Now this is how chi comes in, there had to be a starting point. A spot where the links of their story was broken leaving the characters free to do their own thing. I think that is what unchained means, we're going to see how the series as whole became unchained. Reconnect kingdom hearts I believe refers to KH3 is going to have us reconnect the story so everything returns to how it was meant to be. Or in other words we will free the series from being Xehanort's personal sandbox/fanfiction. The closing of the Xehanort saga wil be literal.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Wait wait wait so now we have multiple branching timelines too?

ohhhh nonono I am so lost.

Hirokey123

Awards
More like their universe is structured like a story book, it's not a literal book but it's rules are in line with how a story book works and yes Xehanort is self aware of this.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Sleep based magic is kinda sorta Maleficent's specialty, what with the spinning wheels & all that jazz. Her in the RoS is like putting Luxord in Castle Oblivion: OP AF.

& she's so showing up Xehanort here: Xehanort spends a decade putting together the most batshit convoluted plan just for the sake of recreating the Keyblade War on a significantly smaller scale & Maleficent's all like "oh yeah, I spent like a week looking for this book at the library & now I have access to like several million survivors from the actual war. Some of them dress in snowman costumes & have names like Xxbutgod69xX but there're the genuine articles nonetheless."

Step your game up Nortty.

KeybladeOrder

Awards
Sleep based magic is kinda sorta Maleficent's specialty, what with the spinning wheels & all that jazz. Her in the RoS is like putting Luxord in Castle Oblivion: OP AF.

& she's so showing up Xehanort here: Xehanort spends a decade putting together the most batshit convoluted plan just for the sake of recreating the Keyblade War on a significantly smaller scale & Maleficent's all like "oh yeah, I spent like a week looking for this book at the library & now I have access to like several million survivors from the actual war. Some of them dress in snowman costumes & have names like Xxbutgod69xX but there're the genuine articles nonetheless."

Step your game up Nortty.

:biggrin: ROFL This needs to happen. I'm so excited that Maleficent is relevant again. It would be freaking hilarious if she just said all this to Xehanort's face. And imagine Xehanort's reaction when she's says to "step up your game" LOL.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Gosh that ending is intriguing! The story could go so many different ways at this point! This has made me more motivated to continue through the campaign of Unchained X.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I'm sorry if it's already been said, but what if X and UX diverge before the war. And in UX, instead of the war, you get assigned on more missions, as if the war didn't happen, but you still have dreams of the war. So UX is the dream world where you dream about what really happened. So basically, that short episode is really a clip from UX so when we get there in UX, we know where it falls in the original X timeline?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I'm sorry if it's already been said, but what if X and UX diverge before the war. And in UX, instead of the war, you get assigned on more missions, as if the war didn't happen, but you still have dreams of the war. So UX is the dream world where you dream about what really happened. So basically, that short episode is really a clip from UX so when we get there in UX, we know where it falls in the original X timeline?
nomura did they said there going to split so yeah i can see it happing

Luxu

Awards
Sora? So is the Player in an illusion still of the future? Or is this taking place during Sora's adventures?

But then they can never meet, or if they do it is still an illusion.

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
could the scene where the player decline intervation to be a dandlion be the split nomura was talking about we going to see in unachaed x

Kingdom King 13

Holy crap, what a curveball. The best plot twist in the KH series in my humble opinion.

So what I imagine happened is that the Dandelions were taking shelter inside the Book of Prophecies itself. That's how they survived the apocalypse, because the book did. After the apocalypse they all left. Skuld and Ephemera still saw that their friend was mortally wounded and couldn't be taken outside the stasis of the Book of Prophecies. They left him in there to heal, and possibly sleep in peace for eternity after all he did. (Although one or both could have very well have stayed behind to watch over him... I'm just assuming the former because he was alone aside from Chirithy when he woke up. Hopefully Skuld, simply because Ephemera is supposed to be the leader of the Dandelions, right? Hopefully he wouldn't shirk his duties.)

And there he slept... until Maleficent kicked in the door to the Book of Prophecies. The Player is now awake. He doesn't know that the most blatantly dark being he'll have ever seen face to face is in the Book with him. Doubtful he even knows he's in the book unless Chirithy tells him. And Maleficent, in turn, has no idea that a hundred million year old Keyblade Wielder is inside the book with her, and able to stop her in Sora's place since she seems so confident he can't follow her.

One thing is for sure: It's Maleficent time. She is officially Priority One and Xehanort's on the back burner. Because Xehanort needs seven of us to fight them to complete the X Blade. If we don't fight, no X Blade, at which point he has to go find the Princesses and threaten to fight them instead, which would take time. HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE HIS THIRTEENTH SEAT FILLED.

Maleficent, on the other hand, has the Book of Prophecies. She HAS it. NOW. If she figures out how to draw power from characters in the tome like we've been doing... holy shit. Even if Xehanort gets ahold of the X Blade, if she figures out how to use the Book, SHE COULD USE IT TO USE THE POWER OF XEHANORT WITH THE X BLADE FOR HERSELF. She could actually use the book to counter an X Blade wielding Xehanort!

Again. Forget Xehanort for now. At long last, it's Maleficent time. And if the Player doesn't figure out exactly who is in there with him and stop her... I truly believe only someone with the all powerful X Blade would be able to stop her.

Holy **** Maleficent. I love you for taking the spotlight back, but calm down.

Luxu

Awards
could the scene where the player decline intervation to be a dandlion be the split nomura was talking about we going to see in unachaed x

I assume so. Perhaps the Player broke free but is trapped in Sleeping Worlds, so they have to look for Ephemera and Skuld. And maybe that is what KHUX is going to be about, then in KH3 the Trio gets freed and aids Sora and Co. in the fight angst Xehanort.

Kingdom King 13 said:
Holy crap, what a curveball. The best plot twist in the KH series in my humble opinion.

So what I imagine happened is that the Dandelions were taking shelter inside the Book of Prophecies itself. That's how they survived the apocalypse, because the book did. After the apocalypse they all left. Skuld and Ephemera still saw that their friend was mortally wounded and couldn't be taken outside the stasis of the Book of Prophecies. They left him in there to heal, and possibly sleep in peace for eternity after all he did. (Although one or both could have very well have stayed behind to watch over him... I'm just assuming the former because he was alone aside from Chirithy when he woke up. Hopefully Skuld, simply because Ephemera is supposed to be the leader of the Dandelions, right? Hopefully he wouldn't shirk his duties.)

And there he slept... until Maleficent kicked in the door to the Book of Prophecies. The Player is now awake. He doesn't know that the most blatantly dark being he'll have ever seen face to face is in the Book with him. Doubtful he even knows he's in the book unless Chirithy tells him. And Maleficent, in turn, has no idea that a hundred million year old Keyblade Wielder is inside the book with her, and able to stop her in Sora's place since she seems so confident he can't follow her.

One thing is for sure: It's Maleficent time. She is officially Priority One and Xehanort's on the back burner. Because Xehanort needs seven of us to fight them to complete the X Blade. If we don't fight, no X Blade, at which point he has to go find the Princesses and threaten to fight them instead, which would take time. HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE HIS THIRTEENTH SEAT FILLED.

Maleficent, on the other hand, has the Book of Prophecies. She HAS it. NOW. If she figures out how to draw power from characters in the tome like we've been doing... holy shit. Even if Xehanort gets ahold of the X Blade, if she figures out how to use the Book, SHE COULD USE IT TO USE THE POWER OF XEHANORT WITH THE X BLADE FOR HERSELF. She could actually use the book to counter an X Blade wielding Xehanort!

Again. Forget Xehanort for now. At long last, it's Maleficent time. And if the Player doesn't figure out exactly who is in there with him and stop her... I truly believe only someone with the all powerful X Blade would be able to stop her.

Holy **** Maleficent. I love you for taking the spotlight back, but calm down.

I am still going with the theory that they all lived in the RoS, so the Player is in present day but in the RoS. We may get an official gender, name, and appearance for the Player soon?

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@gosoxtim I really hope not:/ We really don't need alternate universes in KH, or for the Keyblade War that we saw to just be a dream or psychic premonition about it.

Player would be the PERFECT way to see both the sides of being a fighter and a Dandelion--as someone who was chosen by Ava, but actually fought in the war before then joining the Unchained realm. If that was changed it would be really stupid and hurt the overall story, imo.

If Nomura does want it to diverge some, so that we can know what was going behind the scenes at times, just give us Ephemer and Skuld PoV scenes. We don't need to change everything that the Player did to accomplish seeing those things.

I'm really just hoping that Player repressed the memories, and Chirithy's lying for you (or maybe he also repressed it). Or that there are some memory shenanigans going on. IDK.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
@gosoxtim I really hope not:/ We really don't need alternate universes in KH, or for the Keyblade War that we saw to just be a dream or psychic premonition about it.

Player would be the PERFECT way to see both the sides of being a fighter and a Dandelion--as someone who was chosen by Ava, but actually fought in the war before then joining the Unchained realm. If that was changed it would be really stupid and hurt the overall story, imo.

If Nomura does want it to diverge some, so that we can know what was going behind the scenes at times, just give us Ephemer and Skuld PoV scenes. We don't need to change everything that the Player did to accomplish seeing those things.

I'm really just hoping that Player repressed the memories, and Chirithy's lying for you (or maybe he also repressed it). Or that there are some memory shenanigans going on. IDK.
do nt be surpise though nomura did say we going to see a spit soon i wouldn't be surpise if that happen when we decline the invite i mean chirithy said the surprose the dreams was happing when we tuned down the invite and somehow we end up in the sleeping beauty world? also the split will not hurt the overal story if it set up kh3 well say the split happens and season 2 begins with that scene the war still happens without us getting involved it meant to carry on how it supose to be without us involved in

Last edited:

Luxu

Awards

Oh god CoM all over again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back