• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) KINGDOM HEARTS X[chi] Special Episode

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Buthow did Maleficent enter it then? And if he's already going to summonthem that way was the use of DDD's time travel?
We don't know how she did it. And I'm not that knowledgeable on time travel in the series but my guess that them being in the Realm of Sleep made that easier to accomplish, but in the real world maybe they will usie the book to summon the many Xehanorts throughout history.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
We don't know how she did it. And I'm not that knowledgeable on time travel in the series but my guess that them being in the Realm of Sleep made that easier to accomplish, but in the real world maybe they will usie the book to summon the many Xehanorts throughout history.
Interesting. Still makes me wonder why the DDD time travel was necessary, why not use the BoP the firs time. Also, that are alot of typos in my quote...

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
What if the secrets of Land of Departure are on the Book? And said Book has been passed down from Master to Master. What if there were three copies, and each apprentice (Xehanort, Eraqus and Yen Sid) took one? What if MX takes the Goatblade in order to possibly unseal the Books hiding place?

Also, remember that secret teaser trailer from a year or two ago where Sora is in what seems to be the same area where Eraqus and Xehanort played chess? What if he was sent there to look for the Book?

Lady_Junky

Awards
But we're not sure if they are in the Realm of Sleep. Maybe everything was real but they think it is just a dream.

The beginning of the video gave me impression that they are reliving the same thing over and over. So maybe that's what mean "Unchained"? Being unchained from the reality of the war and from what happened?

And eventually, the player decided to become "chained" to the reality again? That's why he has the impression it is a dream? Because coming back to the reality is making you forget Unchained and what it was?

And Maleficent found a way to go in the past, somehow.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Interesting. Still makes me think why the DDD time travel was necessary, why not use the BoP the firs time. Also, that are alot of typos in my quote...
Because they needed to drag Sora into the Realm of Sleep so they can break his heart down. DDD's plot was extremely complicated with all these layers.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
*Mind explodes* Well..........crap! IF Maleficent had actually traveled to the past, she could change history then. If that's the case, then it'll be like Back to the Future. Sora may (just a theory) have to travel to that certain time in order to stop Maleficent before she changes the past. Maybe *cough* KH3 *cough*. Could be wrong but that's just what I just think.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Not if Back Cover ends with this scene using a random player design and KH3 is season 2

Eh part of me thinks we will actually get to play this part of the story as Sora. That would explain why Nomura said we see dream eaters specifically meow wow again in KH3. I think Sora's story in unchained will probably be in kh3 and the equivalent of the backcover for chi.

That is probably why they made so much effort in Daybreak Town's visuals because it will be a playable world come kh3.

635553846898300025628996100_tumblr-m3fbwmdvqm1qeyp1lo5-250.gif

Although I doubt KH3 is season 2, the messaging simply doesn't point to that.

I can see some overlapping happening though and playing part of χ's story in 3.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Maybe the Book of Prophecies in general is a sort of "gateway" to enter the Realm of Sleep for those who haven't gained/do not possess the power to enter at their own whim with their own powers.
Since in the Realm of Sleep there is no time flow at all, it could theoretically be used as a "hub" to reach every possible era in the timeline and "relive" past events through it.

I remember there was also once a theory that Xemnas and Ansem are not actually pulled from the actual past but that the hearts they could have possibly grown went to the Realm of Sleep upon Xehanort's recompletion and are summoned from there.
Nomura once did point out specifically for Ansem SoD that, no matter how often he is defeated, he always comes back somehow and that it may connect with the special properties of the World that Never Was.

Heck, maybe the World that Never Was actually IS Daybreak Town (with the White Castle being the Foreteller's Castle and the Dark City being Daybreak Town itself) and there happened something similar to how Land of Departure changed into Castle Oblivion.
Thematically this would also fit since LoD was a lush, green and shiny world that got changed into a largely dark one with the actual Castle Oblivion having a cold, sterile and "white" interior.
Daybreak Town is also full of colors, green and shiny while TWTNW is largely dark with the Castle being cold, sterile and "white"/"grey".

Lady_Junky

Awards
Maybe the Book of Prophecies in general is a sort of "gateway" to enter the Realm of Sleep for those who haven't gained/do not possess the power to enter at their own whim with their own powers.
Since in the Realm of Sleep there is no time flow at all, it could theoretically be used as a "hub" to reach every possible era in the timeline and "relive" past events through it.

But we don't know for sure that there is a connection to the Realm of Sleep, right?

Muke

whatever
Awards
*Mind explodes* Well..........crap! IF Maleficent had actually traveled to the past, she could change history then. If that's the case, then it'll be like Back to the Future. Sora may (just a theory) have to travel to that certain time in order to stop Maleficent before she changes the past. Maybe *cough* KH3 *cough*. Could be wrong but that's just what I just think.
There isn't just one 'way' to change history. (Do we even know that she travelled back? Did she use MX's technique? Does she even HAVE another version of herself?) Even IF history changes, she might create another timeline if we go by the Multiverse Theory.

Hirokey123

Awards
OHMAIGA! What if the Reapers' Game isn't actually afterlife, BUT A SEQUENCE OF A THREE-LAYERED dream?!? :eek: dundunDUNNN!!!!!!

---

In all seriousness, I doubt Julius is nothing more than a superboss akin to Kurt Zisa and Phantom: they were in Agrabah and Clocktower "just because".
uh hate to burst your bubble...well not really I love busting bubbles but they weren't "just there". They appeared directly in response to the final keyhole. When the final keyhole was completed I released an immense darkness making stronger heartless appears. SDG even comment on this and think they should go check out their friends to make sure they are okay. One of those two journal entries (forgot which)even directly states that they came from the final keyhole.

So no even Kurt Zisa and Phantom had explanations for why they appeared. Julius is the only secret boss in series that does not. Nomura wouldn't even include bosses if he can't think of story reasons for them. That's why the CoM org members weren't included in KH2 because they didn't have time to come up with a way it make sense for them to appear. Then when KH2FM+ came around they did and came up with the whole not-ghost and data replica stuff.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Also, remember that secret teaser trailer from a year or two ago where Sora is in what seems to be the same area where Eraqus and Xehanort played chess? What if he was sent there to look for the Book?
I can see that part happening yeah. Buuuuut... if that is LoD, how can he be there? Because it changed into CO, did they change it back to LoD? Is that even possible?
Because they needed to drag Sora into the Realm of Sleep so they can break his heart down. DDD's plot was extremely complicated with all these layers.
Yes but, if Xehanort can grab any Xehanort from the past through the book, he can literally have as many Xehanorts as there are seconds in his life. He can easily assemble 13 Xehanorts, why need Sora as vessel in that case? I'm assuming you mean with breaking Sora's Heart down, Norting Sora's heart.

I remember there was also once a theory that Xemnas and Ansem are not actually pulled from the actual past but that the hearts they could have possibly grown went to the Realm of Sleep upon Xehanort's recompletion and are summoned from there.
Nomura once did point out specifically for Ansem SoD that, no matter how often he is defeated, he always comes back somehow and that it may connect with the special properties of the World that Never Was.

Heck, maybe the World that Never Was actually IS Daybreak Town (with the White Castle being the Foreteller's Castle and the Dark City being Daybreak Town itself) and there happened something similar to how Land of Departure changed into Castle Oblivion.
Thematically this would also fit since LoD was a lush, green and shiny world that got changed into a largely dark one with the actual Castle Oblivion having a cold, sterile and "white" interior.
Daybreak Town is also full of colors, green and shiny while TWTNW is largely dark with the Castle being cold, sterile and "white"/"grey".
But to what end? Sure you can relive every event through the RoS but you can't actually change anything. Well you can, but the world is asleep so it won't affect the present, it will just start over again. If you wanna affect it you first need to be a Keyblade Bearer, get in, affect the World how you want and then unlock the Sleeping Keyhole. And to make it a Sleeping World it has to fall in Darkness first and then there is a chance that it becomes a sleeping world. Seems all a bit ineffective.

Hmm... Yen Sid can make places where time flows slower. Maybe that has something to do with the RoS as well?

But who would have changed it, and why? And with what Keyblade?

There isn't just one 'way' to change history. (Do we even know that she travelled back? Did she use MX's technique? Does she even HAVE another version of herself?) Even IF history changes, she might create another timeline if we go by the Multiverse Theory.
Wait didn't they just establish that Kingdom Hearts can't have a Multiverse? Not that I'm against it or anything. Hell, if you make a story with time travel you MUST have a multiverse. Otherwise it's no fun.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Wait didn't they just establish that Kingdom Hearts can't have a Multiverse? Not that I'm against it or anything. Hell, if you make a story with time travel you MUST have a multiverse. Otherwise it's no fun.
I am actually against Multiverse. Mutliverse can sometimes be so confusing to many, especially with how the things are in KH. lol

Also, even if Maleficent used Xehanorts technique (which I don't think she did), she wouldn't be able to change history.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
(insert NomuraLaughs.gif with KefkaLaugh.mp3 here)

It's not Nomura, but it's the best I could do:
tumblr_lj2tpw8mL71qbcdtt.gif

[video=youtube;Z57bTerHJ-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z57bTerHJ-A[/video]

Also, I have no idea what to think of this. My only thought is that our player is reliving the same dream over and over again and Maleficent has found a way to enter the Book of Prophecies (or the Realm of Sleep because we haven't been o the Enchanted Dominion since KHBBS, and we know that Sleeping Beauty was taken from her world so the world might still be in the Realm of Sleep). I just can't explain why Maleficent would say it felt familiar to her. Maybe this Maleficent is a past version of Maleficent that found her way in? I don't know man...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
But to what end? Sure you can relive every event through the RoS but you can't actually change anything. Well you can, but the world is asleep so it won't affect the present, it will just start over again. If you wanna affect it you first need to be a Keyblade Bearer, get in, affect the World how you want and then unlock the Sleeping Keyhole. And to make it a Sleeping World it has to fall in Darkness first and then there is a chance that it becomes a sleeping world. Seems all a bit ineffective.

Hmm... Yen Sid can make places where time flows slower. Maybe that has something to do with the RoS as well?

But who would have changed it, and why? And with what Keyblade?

You do not need to actually change the past in order to get enough ammunition to manipulate events and people in the present so that you can bring about a future you desire. What do you think Xehanort is doing this whole time and what the primary motivation of his character is?
Knowledge is power and Xehanort knows much more than any average Keyblade Master should know. The ability to relive the past in a sort of live-action cinema in itself thus already holds considerable power by itself without the ability to change anything in the past itself.

Nomura actually alluded to this with the example of why Xehanort/Ansem SoD even became interested in Riku in the first place, because he might have had access to some of Terra's memories and thus knew that in the past Terra bequeathed the Keyblade wielding ability upon Riku.
In the KH 2 Final Mix exclusive scenes when Xigbar, Zexion and Vexen are talking about the Chamber of Repose and that Xemnas apparently is sleeping inside it. The implications that he was furthering further Nort-agenda in these "sessions" in the chamber are certainly there.

Possibly, both Yen Sid and Merlin are very powerful sorcerers and may thus have abilities in this area that go beyond what a "normal" Keybearer might be capable of.

There are several candidates, ranging from one of the Foretellers over Luxu or the MoM, possibly even Ephemer or Skuld.
The "why" is a tricky question that can have several possible answers as is the one what Keyblade was used.

Of course it is also possible that TWTNW is actually the Nobody of Daybreak Town (worlds do have hearts as well), which means there would be also the need for a "Heartless" of that world's heart.

As far as we know there isn't any possibility for a "multiverse" or alternating timelines, which is a lucky thing as keeping track of the twists and connections is already much work just with one timeline at hand!

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I'd also like to point out those volumes we were moving around in Hollow Bastion in KH1 to get the secret passages to work. I think some KH players have gone back and noted there were five of those there.

Anyway, this update was really interesting! A lot better than I thought it was going to be, actually. I thought it would be something like the Re:Coded cinematics' short (somewhat random) secret ending, but this was much more on point. Especially that Maleficent part. Good gosh, I didn't see that coming at all!

I'm reminded of when Narissa goes to the real world in "Enchanted", but it's in reverse with KH Maleficent (she came from a more realistic world and has now entered a cartoony one);) Or closer yet: it's like the ending of the Daenerys vs. Maleficent rap battle on YouTube!

And if this does end up explaining why Sora was held up at the end of DDD, it's going to be the best revelation ever. As long as you're okay, Sora, I'll be psyched about what you were maybe doing at the end of DDD.

...Though I do think whoever said a few pages back, that the games are (once again) getting further and further away from the one console thing was absolutely right--because now I'm thinking this is why Nomura thinks people who just jump into III and don't play II.8 first will be confused as to why you're starting off with Sora where you are. He's going to be in sleeping Daybreak Town, isn't he?

Also, if we could somehow get Daybreak Town as a hub world in Kingdom Hearts III, I wouldn't complain at all. Just sayin'.

I'm confused by what's going on with Player and Chirithy, though. It seems to me that maybe Chirithy does remember what happened, but is keeping his and Player's recollections of it a secret to protect Player? Maybe Player's mind repressed the memories, or maybe something bigger is going on here?

But I am just so glad to have a one-hundred percent confirmation that Player survived (and that they're with Chirithy and will hopefully find Ephemer and Skuld soon-ish, who are probably already awake). Woot! Now I can sleep well again;) That uncertainty hanging over my head was killing me.

So do you guys think we'll be getting the other Princess' worlds now (Aurora's already confirmed, but maybe Cinderella's and something even akin to Kairi's?).

And I'm curious about just how Maleficent will effect things in this (the wait to find out more now is going to kill me!), because unlike what happened in Chi, we're now going to have someone from the future actively trying to change things to meet her own ends. So maybe the new Disney worlds in the game from this point on will even less so follow their movie script, if Maleficent gets meddling.

I'm stoked. It's looking like Maleficent's going to be our big bad for Unchained Key part 2. And who knows? Maybe she'll even team up with Nightmare Chirithy, who we're guaranteed to run into again.

In any case, I can't wait for more info. Ahh! I thought I'd be able to wait and just play the rest of the story in my version of Unchained Key, but now there's no way I'm going to be able to resist spoilers when the Japanese version of the game updates past this point. Oh well.

Totally called the "Reconnect. Kingdom Hearts thing", and that it would somehow tie into Sora. But I'm totally not tooting my own horn here, because that was pretty easy to guess.

And the Dandelions are totally the missing Keyblade wielders that Riku and Mickey will be looking for in III, I'm calling it now.
(Which might mean I might take back what I said earlier in this post about Sora being involved in that stuff, but we'll see.)

ANYWAY

@Sign Don't worry about not leaving the "a" off of Ephemer's name. It makes your videos more consistent that way. You can just post in the video description (if you haven't already) that his name is actually Ephemer?

@Chaser And oh my gosh, that's so cute that you wake up to Chirithy with you every morning. LOL.

WaveK89

Why does everything smell like copper?

Next revelation: All the Dandelions are within Sora's heart. Hahahahaha.

Anyway, I have to admit, this is throwing us into quite a loop. I am curious on the significance of the "Player" and how they will be represented in Back Cover or KH3 if they do end up appearing. Unless, the player becomes Sora...again, to my revelation statement, hahaha. Sigh, is it December yet?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
AAH WHAT WE'RE ALIVE?! AAH WE'RE IN ENCHANTED DOMINION! AAH DREAMS! AAH MALEFICENT! AAH SHE'S RELEVANT AGAIN! AAH RECONNECT! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back