• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) KINGDOM HEARTS X[chi] Special Episode

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I wonder, will they use a default Avatar for the Player if we get important in the story, or will we be able to "recreate" them in KH3/BC? As in, CaC. (i think it's not really likely, but who knows)

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Yeah I'm also really wondering how they'll treat the whole Player thing. A multiverse could explain the Player being all the players, everybody's games are in different realities. But since it doens't seem like KH has anything like that going on as far as we know, there's probably just that one character. Unless there's some seriously weird meta stuff going on and all the participants of the war actually thought they were the "chosen one", like we all did while playing the game and all befriended/saw Ephemera and are all sleeping/repeating the dream with their Chrithy, or something else as convoluted as that. It would be unnecessary but I honestly wouldn't put it past Nomura. He kind of has a habit of making difficult explanations for things that didn't necessarily need one at all. Other game mechanics have been put into the story too (guilt), so it's possible they would also use the fact that we're all "the Player" somehow.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I think Player's gonna have to wind up having a canon design eventually. They're becoming too important to not show up, or at least be referred to, in the future.

Still loosely holding onto turning into Ventus

I'd also like to point out those volumes we were moving around in Hollow Bastion in KH1 to get the secret passages to work. I think some KH players have gone back and noted there were five of those there.
Those volumes were each part of a set. The puzzle was matching them to the set they belonged to.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
I am actually against Multiverse. Mutliverse can sometimes be so confusing to many, especially with how the things are in KH. lol

Also, even if Maleficent used Xehanorts technique (which I don't think she did), she wouldn't be able to change history.
Ehh, if you do something, you gotta do it right. I'm ready for the brainfuck Nomura!

You do not need to actually change the past in order to get enough ammunition to manipulate events and people in the present so that you can bring about a future you desire. What do you think Xehanort is doing this whole time and what the primary motivation of his character is?
Knowledge is power and Xehanort knows much more than any average Keyblade Master should know. The ability to relive the past in a sort of live-action cinema in itself thus already holds considerable power by itself without the ability to change anything in the past itself.

Nomura actually alluded to this with the example of why Xehanort/Ansem SoD even became interested in Riku in the first place, because he might have had access to some of Terra's memories and thus knew that in the past Terra bequeathed the Keyblade wielding ability upon Riku.
In the KH 2 Final Mix exclusive scenes when Xigbar, Zexion and Vexen are talking about the Chamber of Repose and that Xemnas apparently is sleeping inside it. The implications that he was furthering further Nort-agenda in these "sessions" in the chamber are certainly there.

Possibly, both Yen Sid and Merlin are very powerful sorcerers and may thus have abilities in this area that go beyond what a "normal" Keybearer might be capable of.

There are several candidates, ranging from one of the Foretellers over Luxu or the MoM, possibly even Ephemer or Skuld.
The "why" is a tricky question that can have several possible answers as is the one what Keyblade was used.

Of course it is also possible that TWTNW is actually the Nobody of Daybreak Town (worlds do have hearts as well), which means there would be also the need for a "Heartless" of that world's heart.

As far as we know there isn't any possibility for a "multiverse" or alternating timelines, which is a lucky thing as keeping track of the twists and connections is already much work just with one timeline at hand!
You know, I've never quit understood how it works. You must learn your history, otherwise you're doomed to repeat. Yeah I know that kind of stuff, but affect people hundreds of years later with something you learned in history class? I've never understood it...

Isn't that just coincidence because Xehanort happend to take over Terra's body. And a few days earlier Terra happend to make a successor? Also what? I thought the memories were supposed to be with the Nobodies.

The End of the World could be it's Heartless. Or actually EotW is a mash up of all the Heartless of the Worlds, so it should be around there.

Haha, true and we probably won't get it this saga, but if Nomura wants to go deeper in time travel he will have to use the Multiverse eventually.

Why does everything smell like copper?

Next revelation: All the Dandelions are within Sora's heart. Hahahahaha.

Anyway, I have to admit, this is throwing us into quite a loop. I am curious on the significance of the "Player" and how they will be represented in Back Cover or KH3 if they do end up appearing. Unless, the player becomes Sora...again, to my revelation statement, hahaha. Sigh, is it December yet?
Well he is the Key that connects us all. It's a possiblity.

Skuld and Ephemer will probably appear, Player dies at the end of Unchained X (or maybe in a season 3 of X?) and Skuld and Ephemer will make a refernce to us at best.
AAH WHAT WE'RE ALIVE?! AAH WE'RE IN ENCHANTED DOMINION! AAH DREAMS! AAH MALEFICENT! AAH SHE'S RELEVANT AGAIN! AAH RECONNECT! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!
That's a bit too accurate for my liking. I like it (wait what?)

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I'm going to be so excited to see the new and pretty places that the developers have in store for us in Enchanted Dominion now. ^_^

And does anyone else think the opening scene (to S2) with Chirithy and Player is akin to the Sora and Kairi opening in 1? (In that Sora and Player both wake up after having weird dreams that they were sure happened--but with Player it's of the past and with Sora it was almost premonitions of the future--with someone telling them it was just a dream.)

I was going to ask if you guys if you thought that the Chirithy we saw could be Nightmare Chirithy. Perhaps if it was, he wouldn't look like his new, true self because he hadn't looked like that in this point in the world yet?

But then I realized that this is after Chi and everyone knew about Nightmare Chirithy before they learned about the Dandelions (which is apparently the last thing Player and Chirithy think really happened), so that theory is off the table now. LOL.

In any case, I'm sure we'll run into Nightmare Chirithy again, but he'll look the same way he did when we saw him last and won't be able to fool us (like I had been theorizing about).

Muke

whatever
Awards
Haha, true and we probably won't get it this saga, but if Nomura wants to go deeper in time travel he will have to use the Multiverse eventually.
Not… really? Why would he have to use Multiverse? I'm sure he could work around it, given the brainfucks in the past, lol.
Tbh, we can expect literally anything.
watch kh: vcast become canon

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Not… really? Why would he have to use Multiverse? I'm sure he could work around it, given the brainfucks in the past, lol.
Tbh, we can expect literally anything.
watch kh: vcast become canon
So he can prevent the other brainfucks of course xD. Atleast most of us are a bit familiar with the Multiverse concept.
Anything you say? *starts hoping for Dragons and Lazer Shooting Ponies (Unicorns are fine too)*
Whats KH: Vcast? Is it something I should know as a hardcore fan?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I feel like the significance of the player is... very little.

You know, I recently discovered the XIV End of an Era/Flames of Truth epic cutscenes and aren't the models they created in those cutscenes supposed to be the generic classes? The player, while not important, could also just be a generic model like those guys. Though, for generic characters, SE put some effort into making them look unique and like actual players... I think? I'm sure they have a clue with [chi] as well because of the blue bunny friend and pumpkin head friend

Muke

whatever
Awards
So he can prevent the other braindiddlys of course xD. Atleast most of us are a bit familiar with the Multiverse concept.
Eh, doesn't mean 80% of the fanbase will freak out again.
Whats KH: Vcast? Is it something I should know as a hardcore fan?
V Cast is a game created by Disney for the… V Cast. It's non-canon and really shitty, looks like its budget was 60$.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Eh, doesn't mean 80% of the fanbase will freak out again.

V Cast is a game created by Disney for the… V Cast. It's non-canon and really shitty, looks like its budget was 60$.

Only 80% freaked out last time? Woah, that's actually a pretty good score.

Never heard of this V Cast.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Here's a possibility; Cell phones CAN link to a PS4. What if..they add a feature where you can port your avatar over there for the Player?

Also I know you can link a phone to Windows 10 too though Cortana; that means XBOX ONE too since they both use that operating system. So there's a chance we could bring our player chara into KH3.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Never heard of this V Cast.
It's a game from eons ago that Square Enix had no involvement in, for the V-Cast phone. The game was simply called "Kingdom Hearts" so we call this game "V-Cast".
Almost no one played it and it ends with Goofy's head on fire.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Only a hand-full of people played it and it ends with Goofy's head on fire.
that's the only good part
Spoiler Spoiler Show

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Here's a possibility; Cell phones CAN link to a PS4. What if..they add a feature where you can port your avatar over there for the Player?

Also I know you can link a phone to Windows 10 too though Cortana; that means XBOX ONE too since they both use that operating system. So there's a chance we could bring our player chara into KH3.
But they would have to code every costume part in 3D for that. That's alot of work and they won't do that. Only the standard costumes at best I think.
It's the objective best KH game and you're a terrible fan if you've never played it.

Just kidding it's trash
:O NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (wait, I have that button somewhere...)
Not really.

It's good that way. It is really dishonoring
Rip.

Yeah, I did a quick search, man everyone is negative about it. It even sounds and looks terrible. But now I'm curious how to exclusive characters and worlds look :/

It's a game from eons ago that Square Enix had no involvement in, for the V-Cast phone. The game was simply called "Kingdom Hearts" so we call this game "V-Cast".
Almost no one played it and it ends with Goofy's head on fire.
Haha, yeah I read that. And Goofy and Donald went indeed mis- wait what?
that's the only good part
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Yep, looks terrible. I like pirates though.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I'm still trying to make sense of the internal timeline here. The special episode is titled "Unchained 0[Zero]", so I guess it should play before Unchained, making it an actual continuation of χ[chi], not a split.

Still Unchained also starts with the Awakening, whereas the scene is actually called "My heart leads to you" (キミを導く心) in χ[chi] while the post-game scene is called "Awakening" (目覚め).
Is this really some sort of loop or is it something different? Chirithy is not concerned in the slightest, so was the "final episode" real or not?

The moment you think you have a grasp on these concept they seem to change into something different.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm still trying to make sense of the internal timeline here. The special episode is titled "Unchained 0[Zero]", so I guess it should play before Unchained, making it an actual continuation of χ[chi], not a split.

Still Unchained also starts with the Awakening, whereas the scene is actually called "My heart leads to you" (キミを導く心) in χ[chi] while the post-game scene is called "Awakening" (目覚め).
Is this really some sort of loop or is it something different? Chirithy is not concerned in the slightest, so was the "final episode" real or not?

The moment you think you have a grasp on these concept they seem to change into something different.

Perhaps "Unchained 0" refers that, before awakening, the player experienced the original KHx. As to when he awakened, he is either going to experience his first Unchained (first layer of the dream), or he has already experienced various Unchaineds.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i have a theroy remember how nomura said maoster of master can see in the future what if chritihy was created with the power to see in thefutre and when the player fall we were seeing the seeing of might happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back