• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► (SPOILERS) KINGDOM HEARTS X[chi] Finale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaddix

Awards
I still don't really think that Ava's actions really seem all that greedy. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if the Foretellers' actions and personalities (at least the ones who HAVE them) are meant to contrast with the vices they're named after. Ava's trying to save as many people as possible even though she won't be able to save herself, a selfless act; Aced is trying to change the world by force, taking action rather than just doing nothing; and Ira's the one who keeps appearing to stop Aced, never losing his cool while Aced is yelling and screaming.

Their actions seem kinda contradictory to the meanings of greed, sloth, and wrath if you ask me.

If that is intentional, we would expect Invi to be kind and charitable without any underlying spite, not wanting what others have (perhaps being very distant from the desire for lux?). Gula would be...er...strong in self-restraint, tempered, and reserved? Hrm. Is that accurate from what we've seen? (legit question, not being rhetorical/condescending)

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
If that is intentional, we would expect Invi to be kind and charitable without any underlying spite, not wanting what others have (perhaps being very distant from the desire for lux?). Gula would be...er...strong in self-restraint, tempered, and reserved? Hrm. Is that accurate from what we've seen? (legit question, not being rhetorical/condescending)
That's the basic idea, yes. Of course, neither Gula nor Invi have had large enough roles to really show any of that. By the time we encounter Gula, he seems to have given up on everything, and Invi doesn't even have a unique speaking role until we fight her.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I do agree that they seem to be the opposites of the sins they're named after, but so are our main cast to them.

You're probably right in that they are meant to be opposites to those terms, but then... That makes them a bit more similar to the characters we know and I really don't want be the Rebirth theory to be true.

Hopefully it's not, and hopefully something like Ava and Kairi both being selfless (for example) isn't supposed to be hinting at it.

And yet I feel like Nomura's still keeping their faces hidden for a reason >_>

Please don't make this amazing group of distinct individuals lesser versions of themselves by making them more clones in this series, Nomura-san.

Edit: And I do personally think that Gula seemed pretty reserved and Invi quite charitable in the little we saw of them.

The MoM is such a bastard for naming them such terrible names, then (and for all the other reasons too, of course).

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I do agree that they seem to be the opposites of the sins they're named after, but so are our main cast to them.

You're probably right in that they are meant to be opposites to those terms, but then... That makes them a bit more similar to the characters we know and I really don't want be the Rebirth theory to be true.

Hopefully it's not, and hopefully something like Ava and Kairi both being selfless (for example) isn't supposed to be hinting at it.
Uh what? Not... really. None of the main cast is really defined by those virtues at all. I know you like Kairi and she's a nice person, but nothing about herself or her actions makes me think "selfless," not in the games, the novels, or even the manga. Same with just about everyone else.

And yet I feel like Nomura's still keeping their faces hidden for a reason >_>
He hasn't gotten around to designing their faces yet or something [/jk]

Let's stop with desperately trying to find connections between the Foretellers and protagonists for now.

Luxu

Awards
Uh what? Not... really. None of the main cast is really defined by those virtues at all. I know you like Kairi and she's a nice person, but nothing about herself or her actions makes me think "selfless," not in the games, the novels, or even the manga. Same with just about everyone else.

Let's stop with desperately trying to find connections between the Foretellers and protagonists for now.

Kairi is quite selfless (Not to the degree of Ava) but still selfless, but that means Ava shares quite a bit of traits with Sora as well. (They both have a friendly personality, are selfless and see the good in most people) so if Ava was reborn it would be Sora (Just kidding.) But they share a lot of traits. (Even the use of light and combat power)

And perhaps they wear a mask because they like to!

Vaddix

Awards
What about when she protects Shadow-Sora from the Heartless?

I think they might mean that she doesn't exemplify "selflessness" in a pretty constant and overt way. That is to say, while she may exhibit selflessness on occasion, it's not an overarching trait that shines through on a super regular basis. Not saying she's selfish, but for example, even a person you might call "arrogant" might display some humility once in a while.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
So why is no one talking about how when Ephemera says "Let's go together" at the end, Ven's voice plays?
It makes me remember the time I said Ephemera looks a lot like Ven..
images

Not to mention that his colour scheme and outfit is similar to MXs, who was originally Ven's master..

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So why is no one talking about how when Ephemera says "Let's go together" at the end, Ven's voice plays?
It makes me remember the time I said Ephemera looks a lot like Ven..
images

Not to mention that his colour scheme and outfit is similar to MXs, who was originally Ven's master..

Um, it wasn't Ven's voice. Yuto Uemura voices Ephemera.

Vaddix

Awards
Perhaps this is a bit of a leap, perhaps it will be found easily refuted, but I will put this forward anyways, as I've not seen people mention much about this lately:

I'm thinking back to re:coded, especially taking into account the II.5 additional scene involving Pete and Maleficent. In this, Maleficent seems to draw a comparison of the journal's datascape, a manifestation of worlds of information, memories, etc. within, with the Book of Prophecies she had at one point heard about, particularly noting both might have the power to conjure up a world. Now, back when X[chi] was still in its earlier story stages, from something Nomura offhandedly said, something stuck in my head, about the fact that this story was portrayed as if in a storybook. I thought that maybe this was more accurate than they let on, which is to say, that this isn't so much an exact perspective from the past events, so much as a...replay, happening inside of a book. Hundred Acre Wood and the Journal both gave precedent for some books containing worlds, yeah?

But we have this, combined with a clear presence of things we'd expect from the Realm of Sleep. In fact, my wording above is telling: a replay. Exactly what worlds trapped in the RoS experience: replays of events, suffering in cycles of nightmares until they can be awakened. Is it at all possible that chi[X], while it is an accurate representation of things that have happened, is more accurately a dream-replay of what happened, happening maybe in a book-world?

(This might be better as a separate forum topic on its own, if so, please excuse/ignore--I just figured it was relevant enough to the events here to note, maybe I'll further develop my explanation to make my thoughts more clear and precise, and start a thread on such later)

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

She's selfless in that she never forces herself onto any of Sora's adventures, even though she very clearly wants to go with him. But she stays behind for the greater good, even though it hurts her to do so (seen in how she looks depressed waiting in one instance of the KHII opening, and squints her eyes--seeming in pain for a moment--before she sees Sora off with a smile in Blank Points). As he put it, "she'd be in his way". So to help him protect the worlds better, she stays behind--even despite the moments she had some indignation about the whole thing in KHII.

There are other things as well, and I could give you a list of examples (because I have every single Kairi moment and line from all the games memorized, and even from scrapped material, and I analyze them a lot; I'm not kidding), but I'm too tired:)

Other examples I can think of off the top of my head now, though, are how she so easily forgave Riku (and stops him from leaving in II) when she'd been somewhat unsure (maybe even scared of him) in KH1, and after he'd been willing to commit murder for her and had done a lot of terrible things.

And then when she meets Hayner, Pence, and Olette, they tell her to stick around because "Sora's bound to show up", and she agrees to this: thinking it's probably her fastest way to see Sora, despite the fact he promised he'd come back to her and you think he'd do that (or at least stop in to say "hi" if he was able to, before going back to look for Riku) before going back to them, but there's never even a moment where she seems to hold it against him at all.

Also the fact that Kairi got kidnapped because of Sora, he was delayed in coming back to her and technically broke his promise about it (that he'd return to the Islands with Riku to her), but the fact she could be upset with him for it doesn't even cross her mind. She just runs across the room and happily, and in a relieved manner, embraces him, reassuring herself that, "This is real."

Her protecting (or trying to) Sora at least twice while even endangering herself, but not even remotely caring about it because she wants to help Sora...

Her wanting to fight alongside Sora and Riku, so they won't be the only ones getting hurt...

Kairi's plenty selfless, imo. As you'd think she should/could be, being a Princess of Heart and all.

Edit: And according to this site, it is now my twenty-fourth birthday. An hour early it is (my birthday's not for another hour), but oh well! Happy birthday to me! And what a great day it will be, continuing to discuss all of this stuff with you guys:D

Last edited:

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Yeah so to my ears he sounds like one of the dudes associated with wind. As you said the similar sounding voices probably isn't a coincidence
Dandelions break off and fly with the wind.. ;)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
OP updated with the first 3 scenes subbed in English!

So i get that the community has become somewhat attached to the name Ephemera, but how long until we all accept that his canon name is Ephemer. even in the credits it's spelled Ephemer

It's more just habit right now. Ephemer(a) was introduced almost 2 years ago, and it's hard to stop calling him that.

Someone more knowledgeable in Japanese than me would know more about this, but isn't it that there's no avoiding or hiding the "a" at the end of his name, since they use the "ラ" character? Unlike if they used a "ル", then I can understand if his name is really meant to be Ephemer.

Just curious, don't mind me lol

DefiantHeart

Awards
Errr... I don't get it, lol. So does our avatar person die or not? XD It gave me the impression that the avatar person is dying and after they see Ephemer, Skuld, and Chirithy, they die? But then Ephemer says the classic "let's go together," meaning no maybe? XD If the avatar survives, yays, because I always wanted a version of myself in the KH series... though how will that go with Kingdom Hearts 3? Maybe the avatar person will wake up after 3 and that's what the new KH series will be based on? :eek: Then we can customize and such in the future. *_*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back