• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► (SPOILERS) KINGDOM HEARTS X[chi] Finale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Errr... I don't get it, lol. So does our avatar person die or not? XD It gave me the impression that the avatar person is dying and after they see Ephemer, Skuld, and Chirithy, they die? But then Ephemer says the classic "let's go together," meaning no maybe? XD If the avatar survives, yays, because I always wanted a version of myself in the KH series... though how will that go with Kingdom Hearts 3? Maybe the avatar person will wake up after 3 and that's what the new KH series will be based on? :eek: Then we can customize and such in the future. *_*

The way I interpreted it, this was a vision during the Player's last moments. Chirithy was there but Ephemera and Skuld weren't. To me it comes off as Ephemera, Skuld, and the Player's hearts connecting in those final moments and the two of them ease the Player's heart into a state of peace so they can go to Kingdom Hearts or fall to Sleep or something tied to death.

Of course it could be that they save the Player and end up becoming Unchained together, but the overall tone of the ending doesn't really match that considering the credits replace the Player with Skuld and Ephemera.

In that, I do not think we will see the Player in KH3 at any point. Perhaps referenced to as "A friend"?

Luxu

Awards
The way I interpreted it, this was a vision during the Player's last moments. Chirithy was there but Ephemera and Skuld weren't. To me it comes off as Ephemera, Skuld, and the Player's hearts connecting in those final moments and the two of them ease the Player's heart into a state of peace so they can go to Kingdom Hearts or fall to Sleep or something tied to death.

Of course it could be that they save the Player and end up becoming Unchained together, but the overall tone of the ending doesn't really match that considering the credits replace the Player with Skuld and Ephemera.

In that, I do not think we will see the Player in KH3 at any point. Perhaps referenced to as "A friend"?

I saw it more as they save the Player (Season 2 cannot work without them) and maybe we got replaced by Ephemera and Skuld because maybe everyone has the same experiences in those projections. Or data space issues, or maybe in Unchained they are reliving the Players memories. And of course we cannot appear in KH3 (Maybe the back cover) because the Player would need a "real" look, and define name. As well as a define keyblade. But then it is no longer "us", but the Player is already a flushed out, developed character. (Starting off Shy and Timid, then growing into a more Serious and Curious person) so they can use the default male appearance (Or female) or make a whole new look. But if this does happen, they would have to match up with a theme that the Daybreak Trio has. Maybe named after a sin

Also maybe they can clear up what Ephemera's, Skuld’s, and our lives where before teleporting to Daybreak Town.

Also I like the combat style of the Player, it looks so similar to Roxas' (Being a fast heavy hitter)

Well, Xehanort lied to us about the Keyblade War! It was fought over Lux not the X-Blade

Last edited:

CrystalRaine

Am I alone in believing that Invi is the traitor? I'm positive that someone has made this connection before, but in mythology, a Chimera is traditionally a hybrid of a lion, a goat, and a snake.

Master of Masters = Lion
Luxu = Goat
Invi = Snake

It also fits the dynamic of the 2 male, 1 female trio, which is a bonus, and the fact she's only had one line in the whole game makes me especially curious as to what she's been getting up to behind the scenes...

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
OP updated with the first 3 scenes subbed in English!

It's more just habit right now. Ephemer(a) was introduced almost 2 years ago, and it's hard to stop calling him that.

Someone more knowledgeable in Japanese than me would know more about this, but isn't it that there's no avoiding or hiding the "a" at the end of his name, since they use the "ラ" character? Unlike if they used a "ル", then I can understand if his name is really meant to be Ephemer.

Just curious, don't mind me lol

They use ラ thus I also go by Ephemera. Mostly likely it has something to do with pronunciation in different languages.
For example in Japanese they say Venice as ヴェネツィア which is Venezia, more closely resembling the Italian pronunciation. But we just say Venice in English even if it doesn't follow the original pronunciation.
Not sure where Ephemera comes from, Latin? But it's probably something to do with that.

DefiantHeart

Awards

Thanks for the reply. ^_^ I didn't think anyone would respond. I really hope Nomura finds a creative way to bring back the player, otherwise it's just too depressing a tale, even by Kingdom Hearts standards... it goes more into the grimness of a Final Fantasy game. I know with all the possible player looks with them even being either male or female, it wouldn't be logical to program them appearing in any future titles. Still, I like to think there will be a day technology will advance to the point where the game is able to take our avatar into consideration and place them in those scenes. I imagine like a Kingdom Hearts virtual reality, where you can meet everyone as a avatar and the Kingdom Hearts protagonists. To me it would be a shame just to go back to normal play as Sora or Riku style all over again. This experience was unique, and I'd love to see it again. ^_^ If not though, the KH players still live irl, so we can all come together in a lot of our own creative ways, maybe even make a spin-off KH title. I actually even made my own already, and I plan to animate it once I have the energy and can truly rise from my depression.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
They use ラ thus I also go by Ephemera. Mostly likely it has something to do with pronunciation in different languages.
For example in Japanese they say Venice as ヴェネツィア which is Venezia, more closely resembling the Italian pronunciation. But we just say Venice in English even if it doesn't follow the original pronunciation.
Not sure where Ephemera comes from, Latin? But it's probably something to do with that.

Ahh, that makes sense.

In English, it would be the word ephemeral, which a quick Google search shows to be derived from the Greek word ephémeros.

Hirokey123

Awards
Does anyone else find it weird how strong the foretellers are? I know they are suppose to be masters but their level of strength feels unreal the point it makes me wonder if we're actually really weak. Kind of like how Maleficent isn't that strong but she could shatter data sora's keyblade with ease because it had no real power to it. Riku also beat Xion because her keyblade held no real power, and lost to Roxas because he was caught off guard by Roxas's blade being real.

Deitylight

Awards
Foretellers are not to be trifled with. If we take in game stuff in to consideration, their power is absolutely insane and makes me wonder how they compare to other keyblade wielders.

Aerora

I've been assuming it's as much "a lot of the player's power comes from the Book of Prophecy, which has limits especially against non-Book enemies" as it is "the Foretellers have had actual training," personally. A little bit of them being strong, a little bit of the player being weaker than a 'normal' Keybearer?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
OP updated with transcripts and subbed videos of all the scenes :D
Thanks so much to goldpanner without whom this can't be possible <3

Karrawong

Based on the English subtitled videos, here are my thoughts about each of the foretellers:

I find it cool how Gula and Invi are the only ones to let their Keyblades disappear after they fight you. Also Gula asks if you are alright before fighting you. :)

Aced is an opportunistic maniac, he apparently wants to be a king after killing the other foretellers . . . Not sure if he realises that he was the one who escalated the situation before the war or he just doesn't care.

And finally, I'm not sure what to think of Ira. Though it's great that that he saves the player from Aced.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I've re-examined some issues about what Gula says about what is written on the lost page, Luxu's words and some of the events of the former story updates.

In the current update, Gula starts with:
Gula said:
Unable to permit disharmony, you will be disappointed by fate, and lose sight of true strength... Misreading the truth, ...

Back in the July update there are these bits from Aced:
Aced said:
The only thing we can trust now is the unity of our Union. Someone may be a fellow Keyblade wielder, but we cannot divine whether their heart is dark or not. Warriors of absolute strength, the strength of a Union is not the amount of light it has collected. A strong Union is justice itself.
That is something that can only be proved through battle.

---

A final battle is no longer avoidable. Invi, Gula, Ava, and you, too, Ira. All desperate to collect more Lux than the other Unions.
The battle had already begun. It was you people who aggravated the situation.

---
In the end, it's a strong leader who controls the world. It's not Lux I'll gather more of than anyone—it's soldiers.
Strong organisation is imperative. When it comes to maintaining the balance, there need only be one leader.

I'll banish the four of you, and unify all the Unions under me.

The order is mixed up, but Aceds views (which may have changed over the course of X[chi]'s timeline itself because he was aggravated about the situation with the supposed traitor) are in accordance with what the passage of the lost page says.
The second statement of where he accuses the other Foretellers of aggravating the situation with the competitive Lux collection fits for "unable to permit disharmony", as the Foretellers not acting as a team caused just that and Aced was unable to permit this situation to persist. Disappointed that fate may play out exactly as told in the tome, Aced decided to follow a radical approach and disregard the teachings of the Master as well as the truths he had been trained to uphold (Invi accuses him of just that in the Back Cover-Trailer).
Aced does that by changing his mindset to believing that actual brute force, numbers and raw power (be it physical or magical) is the true strength that is needed to succeed.
"Warriors of absolute strength", "A strong Union is justice itself", "It's not Lux I'll gather more of than anyone - it's soldiers." "Strong organisation is imperative. When it comes to maintaining the balance, there need only be one leader." => These statements are all a revelation of Aced's new mindset, corresponding with the "lose sight of true strength"-part of the Lost Page.

And by insisting that there being more than one leader (five Foretellers) is the core of the Problem, he actually misreads the truth of the whole issue (a truth that Gula was apparently searching for but didn't manage to uncover until it was too late, causing the Leopardus Foreteller to lose his spirit and resignate and something that Ava was made privy to by Luxu, also too late to change anything).

Back to the current update, Gula then continues with:
Gula said:
It's why the traitor began trying to end the world.

This is tricky and may be a red herring, but seeing/believing that things couldn't be avoided anyways, Aced did decide to actually usher in the end of the world because in his (by now warped) views he saw it as unsalvageable.
In the current update Aced and Ira have this conversation while Player looks on:
Aced: I've been waiting for this moment...Ira.
Ira: You're...!
Aced: I'll rebuild this world, as its new king!

Aced admits freely that he has waited for the moment the world would end.
Ira's mouth actually gapes open and I assume the "You're..." is implying that the full sentence would be: "You're the traitor!?"

And then comes the kicker, Aced goes further to state that he will rebuild the world as its new leader/king (aka a fascist Dictatorship, a world based solely on brute strength and a single Leader everyone has to defer to.)
Creating/Rebuilding the world to something akin to your own desires, we already had this occurence twice in the current saga of Kingdom Hearts:
1. Birth by Sleep
Xehanort's report IX said:
If I become the first to open Kingdom Hearts' door, I can create a Next World in which light and darkness exist in perfect equilibrium.

2. Kingdom Hearts II
Xemnas said:
All that and more. I'm carrying on what you yourself began, and I'm
creating a brand new world, one heart at a time.
I'd say this is not a coincidence.

Now of course you may say wait a minute, if Aced is really the traitor, what is about Luxu and the Master of Masters? The black Keyblade that is now in possession of Xehanort.
Ava also accuses Luxu of misusing "the Master's intentions" for his own ends.
Well, let me say that, yes, Aced may indeed be a traitor to the other Foretellers and eventually come around to the viewpoint that the world must be ended and he must take everything on himself alone to fix afterwards because he views the other Foretellers as more hindering then helping, but it may be that Aced has a similar role to Maleficent in KH 1, actually serving the ends of Luxu without actually knowing about it.

The conversation between Ira and him goes on shortly where Ira rages at him (fitting to his namesake actually) "If only you hadn't broken the harmony!!!" Three exclamation marks, Ira is certainly totally furious and in his view, apparently Aced is the one who aggravated the situation by spreading even more discord and turning against the other unions (which may have started the actual fighting between "lesser" wielders we see in the July update) and if I had to pinpoint a single event where things went unsalvageably down between the Foretellers themselves I'd say it was when Aced first raised his Keyblade against a fellow Foreteller (which according to the Back Cover Trailer might have been Invi). As she appears at the final battle, Aced obviously didn't "banish" her as he claimed to want to do nor decisively incapacitated her, so word of Aced attacking her would certainly spread to the other Foretellers.

This in turn might have lead to Lord Gula directing his investigations more towards Aced in particular, maybe him even suspecting that he might be the traitor. Aced eventually gets wind of Gula spying/investigating on his exploits and ruthless actions throughout all of Daybreak Town and since he's a hothead and by now seeing the other Foretellers only as hindrances anyways, he decides to pay Gula a visit and teach him to not stick his nose into his business, leading to the confrontation between the Leopard and Bear shown in the Back Cover Trailer.

Gula obviously survives or else he wouldn't be able to participate in the final battle, but the whole time spent on investigating Aced may have been exactly the "looking out for the wrong thing"-statement Gula gives to Skuld and the Player.
Aced was deliberately set up as an antagonist towards the other Foretellers so they wouldn't get to the real truth in time, so while he strictly spoken IS a traitor, he is not the definitive traitor who set this all up, which may very well be Luxu himself if Ava's accusations hold any water.

---

And after all this theorizing on the spot is done, I'll have to give a big shout out and thank you to Sign and Goldpanner who put up this whole stuff and give us a proper English translation, as without that the whole theorizing wouldn't even be possible.

Izlude

Awards
Completely lost reading the story... it's almost too poetic. Can someone explain in the simplest way? :) Like the lost page (what it even means) and who it pertains to, Master of Master's Intentions and why the Nightmare Chirithy was even allowed to exist, etc... as much as one can try to explain. A simple timeline of this final episode would be good. I think it just went over my head that's all. Thanks buddies!!!! :O

Karrawong

I've re-examined some issues about what Gula says about what is written on the lost page, Luxu's words and some of the events of the former story updates.

In the current update, Gula starts with:

Back in the July update there are these bits from Aced:

The order is mixed up, but Aceds views (which may have changed over the course of X[chi]'s timeline itself because he was aggravated about the situation with the supposed traitor) are in accordance with what the passage of the lost page says.
The second statement of where he accuses the other Foretellers of aggravating the situation with the competitive Lux collection fits for "unable to permit disharmony", as the Foretellers not acting as a team caused just that and Aced was unable to permit this situation to persist. Disappointed that fate may play out exactly as told in the tome, Aced decided to follow a radical approach and disregard the teachings of the Master as well as the truths he had been trained to uphold (Invi accuses him of just that in the Back Cover-Trailer).
Aced does that by changing his mindset to believing that actual brute force, numbers and raw power (be it physical or magical) is the true strength that is needed to succeed.
"Warriors of absolute strength", "A strong Union is justice itself", "It's not Lux I'll gather more of than anyone - it's soldiers." "Strong organisation is imperative. When it comes to maintaining the balance, there need only be one leader." => These statements are all a revelation of Aced's new mindset, corresponding with the "lose sight of true strength"-part of the Lost Page.

And by insisting that there being more than one leader (five Foretellers) is the core of the Problem, he actually misreads the truth of the whole issue (a truth that Gula was apparently searching for but didn't manage to uncover until it was too late, causing the Leopardus Foreteller to lose his spirit and resignate and something that Ava was made privy to by Luxu, also too late to change anything).

Back to the current update, Gula then continues with:

This is tricky and may be a red herring, but seeing/believing that things couldn't be avoided anyways, Aced did decide to actually usher in the end of the world because in his (by now warped) views he saw it as unsalvageable.
In the current update Aced and Ira have this conversation while Player looks on:

Aced admits freely that he has waited for the moment the world would end.
Ira's mouth actually gapes open and I assume the "You're..." is implying that the full sentence would be: "You're the traitor!?"

And then comes the kicker, Aced goes further to state that he will rebuild the world as its new leader/king (aka a fascist Dictatorship, a world based solely on brute strength and a single Leader everyone has to defer to.)
Creating/Rebuilding the world to something akin to your own desires, we already had this occurence twice in the current saga of Kingdom Hearts:
1. Birth by Sleep

2. Kingdom Hearts II

I'd say this is not a coincidence.

Now of course you may say wait a minute, if Aced is really the traitor, what is about Luxu and the Master of Masters? The black Keyblade that is now in possession of Xehanort.
Ava also accuses Luxu of misusing "the Master's intentions" for his own ends.
Well, let me say that, yes, Aced may indeed be a traitor to the other Foretellers and eventually come around to the viewpoint that the world must be ended and he must take everything on himself alone to fix afterwards because he views the other Foretellers as more hindering then helping, but it may be that Aced has a similar role to Maleficent in KH 1, actually serving the ends of Luxu without actually knowing about it.

The conversation between Ira and him goes on shortly where Ira rages at him (fitting to his namesake actually) "If only you hadn't broken the harmony!!!" Three exclamation marks, Ira is certainly totally furious and in his view, apparently Aced is the one who aggravated the situation by spreading even more discord and turning against the other unions (which may have started the actual fighting between "lesser" wielders we see in the July update) and if I had to pinpoint a single event where things went unsalvageably down between the Foretellers themselves I'd say it was when Aced first raised his Keyblade against a fellow Foreteller (which according to the Back Cover Trailer might have been Invi). As she appears at the final battle, Aced obviously didn't "banish" her as he claimed to want to do nor decisively incapacitated her, so word of Aced attacking her would certainly spread to the other Foretellers.

This in turn might have lead to Lord Gula directing his investigations more towards Aced in particular, maybe him even suspecting that he might be the traitor. Aced eventually gets wind of Gula spying/investigating on his exploits and ruthless actions throughout all of Daybreak Town and since he's a hothead and by now seeing the other Foretellers only as hindrances anyways, he decides to pay Gula a visit and teach him to not stick his nose into his business, leading to the confrontation between the Leopard and Bear shown in the Back Cover Trailer.

Gula obviously survives or else he wouldn't be able to participate in the final battle, but the whole time spent on investigating Aced may have been exactly the "looking out for the wrong thing"-statement Gula gives to Skuld and the Player.
Aced was deliberately set up as an antagonist towards the other Foretellers so they wouldn't get to the real truth in time, so while he strictly spoken IS a traitor, he is not the definitive traitor who set this all up, which may very well be Luxu himself if Ava's accusations hold any water.

---

And after all this theorizing on the spot is done, I'll have to give a big shout out and thank you to Sign and Goldpanner who put up this whole stuff and give us a proper English translation, as without that the whole theorizing wouldn't even be possible.

This helps make some things a whole lot easier to understand now. :) Thanks for sharing!

I know we don't know the time placement of when Aced fights Gula in the July kh 2.8 trailer, but I think it happens mid way through and after Ava's fight with Luxu.

Other then that I think it makes sense. I can't find a problem with the theory at the moment but I guess that could be due to the fact that we need more scenes to see Aced's mind set change over time.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This helps make some things a whole lot easier to understand now. :) Thanks for sharing!

I know we don't know the time placement of when Aced fights Gula in the July kh 2.8 trailer, but I think it happens mid way through and after Ava's fight with Luxu.

Other then that I think it makes sense. I can't find a problem with the theory at the moment but I guess that could be due to the fact that we need more scenes to see Aced's mind set change over time.

Why thank you, puzzling things together like this is one of my favorite things about complex stories.

So you mean Aced "visits" Gula right after Player, Skuld and Chirithy left? And Ava, after battling Luxu and learning some horrible things we as the audience are not yet allowed to know, comes rushing in with possibly the intention to tell Gula about what she learned and then we get the scene from Back Cover where Aced clobbers the kid over the head?
It would certainly be possible, although the bell ringing supposedly is the signal for everyone to gather at the Badlands/Wastelands.

Yea, it is of course only a theory and one done with the few things we have right now at our disposal, so new revelations down the line in Unchained X and/or Back Cover may possibly inevitably blow some holes into it later.

---

Also, on a rather amusing side-note, after his battle against Player Lord Gula says:
Gula said:
If I'm going to have to actually put in real effort to stop things getting sketchy, I'll pass.

Like what? Does this mean he actually held back in his battle against player?
Also, he doesn't like to have put in "real effort"???
WTF Kitty boy, you're on a world-ending battlefield and too lazy to fight with all your strength? Gula, you lazy bum...
The way he sleazily holds his Keyblade draped over his shoulder when he approaches player also indicates somewhat that he's really not interested to take this whole shit seriously. (Did the Master of Masters somehow influence Gula's behaviour perhaps?)

Lol, with these traits he somewhat reminds me of Sima Zhao from the Dynasty Warriors series in personality. Secretly brilliant, but lazy and carefree.

Karrawong

Why thank you, puzzling things together like this is one of my favorite things about complex stories.

So you mean Aced "visits" Gula right after Player, Skuld and Chirithy left? And Ava, after battling Luxu and learning some horrible things we as the audience are not yet allowed to know, comes rushing in with possibly the intention to tell Gula about what she learned and then we get the scene from Back Cover where Aced clobbers the kid over the head?
It would certainly be possible, although the bell ringing supposedly is the signal for everyone to gather at the Badlands/Wastelands.

Yea, it is of course only a theory and one done with the few things we have right now at our disposal, so new revelations down the line in Unchained X and/or Back Cover may possibly inevitably blow some holes into it later.

---

Also, on a rather amusing side-note, after his battle against Player Lord Gula says:

WTF Kitty boy, you're on a world-ending battlefield and too lazy to fight with all your strength? Gula, you lazy bum...
The way he sleazily holds his Keyblade draped over his shoulder when he approaches player also indicates somewhat that he's really not interested to take this whole shit seriously. (Did the Master of Masters somehow influence Gula's behaviour perhaps?)

Lol, with these traits he somewhat reminds me of Sima Zhao from the Dynasty Warriors series in personality. Secretly brilliant, but lazy and carefree.

I don't anyone is interested in killing except Aced.

I guess the master of masters mixed up the names when naming Aced and Gula. Which raises a question, did Gula put any real effort in fighting Aced? Or was he sweating because of fear or that he's out of shape?

Edit: Joking aside, Invi's battle stance made her appear to be uninterested/unmotivated to fight as well. Her keyblade seemed to be just hanging by her side during her fight with the player.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
I never really looked into X r anything like that, so I know pretty much nothing about the story.
I know this is too much to ask, but could anybody link me a complete summary of the story? Or write me one?

Or generally, just explain some stuff. I'm sure this whole mess will be important af

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Given his fatalist attitude when telling Player and Skuld about the last page, it's perfectly possible that Gula really isn't taking any of this seriously. If I knew that I, thousands of others, and the world itself were all going to die very soon no matter what anyone did, I'd have a little trouble giving it my all too.

But who knows, maybe it IS just an excuse for being lazy.

On a side note, Aced also drapes his Keyblade over his shoulder in a similar fashion, even though he's quite interested in claiming leadership, rebuilding the world, and killing children. :p

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I barely know anything about them, but Gula and Invi are my favorite. The foretellers (except Aced) just seem really resigned... well... Ava seemed really intense too. With this new information... maybe Aced did end up being the traitor... or maybe he's just being used by the REAL traitor... bah. I can't wait to see the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back