• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► (SPOILERS) KINGDOM HEARTS X[chi] Finale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
That's a thought! I do honestly think there's a tiny smidge more to his motives than we've seen so far, it seems people are quick to jump at him and make him out to be the biggest irredeemable idiot of the group, or something. I certainly don't think he's fully in the right (I think the point is that no one is), but I don't think he's a muscle-headed imbecile either. I'm sure he has his own suspicions and reasonings.
Especially after this update, it's really no surprise that people are assuming that. Aced's the main aggressor, clobbering other Foretellers and random wielder kids and yelling about a "only the strong survive" totalitarian regime, encouraging distrust between unions... oh, and he's the type to keep hitting someone even when they're down. He probably would've killed the player if Ira hadn't intervened.

... What I'm saying is, there's a reason why people thing he's an irredeemable idiot. It's because he's acting like it.

EDIT: I mean look at this. Before, he was yelling about how strength was all that mattered. Now he's yelling that the player's so strong that he's going to kill them so they don't become a threat.

Last edited:

Squood!

seibah
Awards
Especially after this update, it's really no surprise that people are assuming that. Aced's the main aggressor, clobbering other Foretellers and random wielder kids and yelling about a "only the strong survive" totalitarian regime, encouraging distrust between unions... oh, and he's the type to keep hitting someone even when they're down. He probably would've killed the player if Ira hadn't intervened.

... What I'm saying is, there's a reason why people thing he's an irredeemable idiot. It's because he's acting like it.

EDIT: I mean look at this. Before, he was yelling about how strength was all that mattered. Now he's yelling that the player's so strong that he's going to kill them so they don't become a threat.
And people think Terra's the reincarnation of this asshole?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This should have been the ending credits song for X[chi]

[video=youtube;E7Aav14UsTg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Aav14UsTg[/video]

or

[video=youtube;LFyQyNNq3Qs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFyQyNNq3Qs[/video]

because I feel as sad as I did when I played XIII-2.

Vaddix

Awards

Hahah, I see your point, at least to an extent, for sure.

I suppose what I'm getting at by that is, it seems like there's a sentiment that he's the "most wrong". I find this interesting because it seems to speak for the sensibilities and doctrines of people who feel that way, but besides that, I feel it might be a slightly (if only very slightly) unfair/unhealthy way to view him. We don't exactly know what led him to this course of action, and for that matter we give Ava the benefit of the doubt because we're, in a way, "close" to her, we've already seen her as a friend, one with good intentions. All we've known of Aced is his military-front and aggression.

tldr; I don't agree with Aced, of course, I just feel weird judging him as "the worst one" so quickly, and the want to do so seems to arise more from personal (perhaps political) sensibilities than anything, if that at all makes any sense.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Gula: There's more.

"And then with that one strike, a bell will toll for the final battle, and the battle will begin at last, and the time shall be chosen..."

"No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as any manner of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. "

(lol this just made me think of it)

Luxu

Awards
I like the ending, the {Player} does not die. Though, it shows the war matured them quite a bit. From being a shy to being a lot more talkative and nosey. But we did it, we won. We got the ending we wanted (But what happened to the Foretellers?). And as a result, season two makes sense. Rebuilding the world (Based on the end credits). And for those saying the Player might be dying, they simply fell down from exhaustion. And they slept for a long time also (More Keyblades, a lot more than before. With only a few dozen to a few thousand) Also I was expecting the war to be cataclysmic, but so much you can do with Storybook graphics. But in a completely off topic question, what Keyblade did you use to finish it off? I used the Moogle of Glory

Hirokey123

Awards
And people think Terra's the reincarnation of this asshole?

Tbf Terra was said to have a power obsession even if BBS poorly portrayed it. I do find it interesting though....

Ursus feels like 1:1 Lexy
ava has illusion powers
I only just re
alized now what has been eating me about Ira. He's like Xaldin summoning spears around him the same way Xaldin summons spears which he then has plunge from above, wind wraps around his keyblade, and his representative animal if the flying pegasus.

You know m
aybe the Foretellers are actually new characters but are design wise meant to be a mix of existing characters, namely the apprentices and our keybladers. Kinda like how tav were new characters but they drew inspiration design wise from existing characters.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
tldr; I don't agree with Aced, of course, I just feel weird judging him as "the worst one" so quickly, and the want to do so seems to arise more from personal (perhaps political) sensibilities than anything, if that at all makes any sense.
When you act like an asshole, people will judge you harshly. I think it's just common sense, but eh.

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, too. Back when the 2.8 trailer first released, which included Aced in a disproportionate amount of conflict (arguing with Ira, KOing Gula, and dueling Invi), a lot of people were suspecting that he might be the traitor. Eventually most settled on the idea that he was just taking a more "proactive" approach in finding the bad guy. But after all the subsequent story updates on top of what we already knew... Aced might not be the traitor but he's certainly a huge problem.

Vaddix

Awards
When you act like an asshole, people will judge you harshly. I think it's just common sense, but eh.

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, too. Back when the 2.8 trailer first released, which included Aced in a disproportionate amount of conflict (arguing with Ira, KOing Gula, and dueling Invi), a lot of people were suspecting that he might be the traitor. Eventually most settled on the idea that he was just taking a more "proactive" approach in finding the bad guy. But after all the subsequent story updates on top of what we already knew... Aced might not be the traitor but he's certainly a huge problem.

Definitely a problem. I guess my "theory" is that (maybe we'll see more in Back Cover) maybe he's only slightly more of one than anyone else. Especially if, as faemarch and Hirokey were suggesting, Ava (who we deemed as the least problematic) is indeed the traitor. But, indeed, it's very possible everyone else is just trying to survive, not doing much more than they must. Is that a problem in its own way? I might argue it is, but that's a messier topic.

As for judging someone for acting like an asshole, well said. My own desire not to do so is surely from my own personal doctrines and biases, just as much as the desire to do so is from those of others.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think Aced is the traitor at all. I don't think any of them is the traitor. If one of them is, like Ava, then I think it is completely unintentional and none of them were plotting the downfall of their world.

Doesn't make Aced any less of an asshole. It seems like he's at odds with everyone. He's like a typical muscle head. Not a traitor, but jerk to the max.

Luxu

Awards
Aced is just obsessed with justice, even though his views are a bit terrible. But like Terra, Aced is dumb thinking the small Foretellers (As well as Invi and Ira) where bad. Also Aced seems to be a "all brawn no brain" type character

Aerora

... haha, I'd been throwing around the idea of Ava as accidental traitor for a little while after the Dandelion update last year, I think. It makes sense - no matter how well-intentioned, creating what would probably look like a second army to the other Foretellers could easily be seen as a betrayal.

If that's not the betrayal and her trying to get to the bottom of things and stop the war is what started it, though, I'm going to cry.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
You know, when Ava was first revealed to be "greed", I didn't get it at all.

But if the missing page really was about her, and how she needed to fall to make the prophecy come true, I can now kind of see it. (And I should take this moment to note that I'm totally Team Ava, in Vulpes, and she's like my favorite KH character ever; especially where girls in KH are concerned).

She so much thought that she was the best in some regards, that she greedily chose her Dandelions so that they would do what she deemed best (though her intentions were pure, of course).

But now it looks like she really was the or a traitor, who also didn't trust her group.

And maybe if she hadn't done this, and had told everyone what she was doing and what a lost cause their intentions had become to her, things would have ended differently.

Just some food for thought. Until we know for sure if those lines were supposed to be about her, though (or just random text on the last page that weren't specifically about anyone, but what the Foretellers would do as a whole), I guess for now we don't know whether to praise Ava or condemn her.

But her going against her ideals to fight in the war really is quite upsetting:/

Though we, of course, should mostly be hating on Luxu and the Master of Masters for all this.

Luxu

Awards

But if the missing page really was about her, and how she needed to fall to make the prophecy come true, I can now kind of see it. (And I should take this moment to note that I'm totally Team Ava, in Vulpes, and she's like my favorite KH character ever; especially where girls in KH are concerned).

She so much thought that she was the best in some regards, that she greedily chose her Dandelions so that they would do what she deemed best (though her intentions were pure, of course).

But now it looks like she really was the or a traitor, who also didn't trust her group.

And maybe if she hadn't done this, and had told everyone what she was doing and what a lost cause their intentions had become to her, things would have ended differently.

Just some food for thought. Until we know for sure if those lines were supposed to be about her, though (or just random text on the last page that weren't specifically about anyone, but what the Foretellers would do as a whole), I guess for now we don't know whether to praise Ava or condemn her.

But her going against her ideals to fight in the war really is quite upsetting:/

Though we, of course, should mostly be hating on Luxu and the Master of Masters for all this.

Ava is greedy, but in a good way. She only wanted what's best for everyone. Also the fact that she managed to hold her own when fighting Luxu, says something about her she is more powerful than she looks. But Luxu seemed to have been hesitating when fighting her, he purposely (it seems) to only be blocking her hits not trying to harm her. Maybe the "real" Luxu has been taken over by the MoM and only upon seeing Ava he began to slowly, regain awareness

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

the last words yeah pointing about her but i dont know about the rest though

Karrawong

Did Gula ever tell the other foretellers or Ava about what was written on the lost page?

I don't think he did considering what happened with Luxu and Ava in the recent update.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
But Luxu seemed to have been hesitating when fighting her, he purposely (it seems) to only be blocking her hits not trying to harm her. Maybe the "real" Luxu has been taken over by the MoM and only upon seeing Ava he began to slowly, regain awareness
We've only seen about one second of them fighting and it looked like Luxu was trying to strike as well as Ava.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I still don't really think that Ava's actions really seem all that greedy. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if the Foretellers' actions and personalities (at least the ones who HAVE them) are meant to contrast with the vices they're named after. Ava's trying to save as many people as possible even though she won't be able to save herself, a selfless act; Aced is trying to change the world by force, taking action rather than just doing nothing; and Ira's the one who keeps appearing to stop Aced, never losing his cool while Aced is yelling and screaming.

Their actions seem kinda contradictory to the meanings of greed, sloth, and wrath if you ask me.

Luxu

Awards
I still don't really think that Ava's actions really seem all that greedy. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if the Foretellers' actions and personalities (at least the ones who HAVE them) are meant to contrast with the vices they're named after. Ava's trying to save as many people as possible even though she won't be able to save herself, a selfless act; Aced is trying to change the world by force, taking action rather than just doing nothing; and Ira's the one who keeps appearing to stop Aced, never losing his cool while Aced is yelling and screaming.

Their actions seem kinda contradictory to the meanings of greed, sloth, and wrath if you ask me.

We can all agree that Ava is the best Foreteller. But they still show some actions of the sins they are based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back