• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► (SPOILERS) KINGDOM HEARTS X[chi] Finale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I'm really hoping back cover answers some questions, cause this didn't answer much. We know about the nightmare chirithy and what happens to player, but how does Xehanort get luxus keyblade? What does luxu look like? Who is the master? Does daybreak town become the keyblade graveyard? All this provided was "yes, the keyblade war happened" end game. At least that's all I got from it.

Hirokey123

Awards
That makes perfect sense indeed, although if I recall correctly didn't Yen Sid say that Heartless cannot exist in the Realm of Sleep, so shouldn't anyone being consumed by Darkness in such an environment then turn into another Nightmare instead of a Heartless?

(Although this may be also an indicator that X[chi] does not take place in the RoS as we know it from DDD).

It's not that they can't exist it's that they can't get inside the realm through their regular means, but we've never seen anything that says nightmares consume and make more nightmares. I always took it that dream eaters were kind of like a biological system, the darkness that comes from the dreamers natural forms into a nightmare in the sleeping worlds and they seek to keep the dream going because as long as the dreamer sleeps nightmares will spawn endlessly. That's what happened with Sora we had to beat two super nightmares produced by his dreaming then wake him up to properly free him.

We don't
actually know that the black coated people were heartless, they aren't like any heartless we've ever seen. They still kept their desire to claim lux, a clear human form, and they were able to even speak. They might just be what happens when a dream person is fully swallowed by the darkness, not a nightmare nor a heartless just...a dark version of the dream person.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yen Sid never said that Heartless can't exist in the Sleeping Worlds, only that they simply cannot locate or enter them from the outside like they would with a RoL world. These Black Costume Heartless are former wielders that succumbed to the darkness. It doesn't matter how well-hidden a place is if a threat is born within it, right?

To repeat an earlier instance: Point taken! ;D

That makes also perfect sense.

I'm really hoping back cover answers some questions, cause this didn't answer much. We know about the nightmare chirithy and what happens to player, but how does Xehanort get luxus keyblade? What does luxu look like? Who is the master? Does daybreak town become the keyblade graveyard? All this provided was "yes, the keyblade war happened" end game. At least that's all I got from it.

If you expected these to be answered though I think you have led yourself to some misplaced expectations as questions such as "how does Xehanort get Luxu's Keyblade" or "Who is the Master of Masters" are more likely to be addressed in KH III rather than any direct X-related matters. Unchained X and Back Cover do have still more story to tell though so such things as Luxu's appearance or the ultimate fate of Daybreak Town might get revealed there.
Also do not forget that this was not the very last story update Browser-chi got. There is still one in the pipe if I recall correctly, most likely something not directly concerning the Player character as his/her first story arc got effectively concluded with this update.
There's also more to this update than just "Yes, the Keyblade War happened" as especially in the scenes with Lord Gula where he talks with Player and Skuld + the continuation of the confrontation between Luxu and Ava imply that there is a much bigger scheme going on that may even extend right up into TAV's and Sora's time, effectively making the Keyblade War and the Foretellers just stepping stones in a plan extending over possibly millennia.

It's not that they can't exist it's that they can't get inside the realm through their regular means, but we've never seen anything that says nightmares consume and make more nightmares. I always took it that dream eaters were kind of like a biological system, the darkness that comes from the dreamers natural forms into a nightmare in the sleeping worlds and they seek to keep the dream going because as long as the dreamer sleeps nightmares will spawn endlessly. That's what happened with Sora we had to beat two super nightmares produced by his dreaming then wake him up to properly free him.

We don't
actually know that the black coated people were heartless, they aren't like any heartless we've ever seen. They still kept their desire to claim lux, a clear human form, and they were able to even speak. They might just be what happens when a dream person is fully swallowed by the darkness, not a nightmare nor a heartless just...a dark version of the dream person.

That's pretty reasonable and if the rough translations are correct Nightmare Chirithy actually speaks about "Nightmares" and "Spirits" but Player's Chirithy doesn't seem to understand what NC is talking about.

I've not yet eaxmined the Costumes too closely...do they have the Heartless emblem?
They definitely have the red thorns present in the emblem, but it is also possible that the Heartless emblem was actually based on the Black Costumes, symbolizing a chained Heart succumbed/enslaved to Darkness and thus being capable of being used/controlled by entities like Nightmare Chirithy, Xehanort and possibly Luxu.

alibabaggypants

Awards
Or this is the start of the rules about the Realm of Sleep and Dream Eaters, and something down the line somehow caused a ripple effect that made even more restrictions to both?

If this was the start of those rules then what would be the connection? Considering that both Chirithy and the Book of Prophecies are connected to the MoM's... Something similar to the repeating worlds can be accomplished with Jiminy's Journey. Given that the Book if Prophecies is supposed to be a greater version of that, maybe the Realm of Sleep is a warped version of the Book? It'd explain how the MoM's created Chirithy.. ??

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
If this was the start of those rules then what would be the connection? Considering that both Chirithy and the Book of Prophecies are connected to the MoM's... Something similar to the repeating worlds can be accomplished with Jiminy's Journey. Given that the Book if Prophecies is supposed to be a greater version of that, maybe the Realm of Sleep is a warped version of the Book? It'd explain how the MoM's created Chirithy.. ??

I think I just got swayed over to BlackOsprey's side with this, actually. I think it's more that Heartless can't enter the Realm of Sleep (as she was saying), but if someone already within there becomes a Heartless then there's nothing that can be done about expelling them from there:)

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I've not yet eaxmined the Costumes too closely...do they have the Heartless emblem?
They definitely have the red thorns present in the emblem, but it is also possible that the Heartless emblem was actually based on the Black Costumes, symbolizing a chained Heart succumbed/enslaved to Darkness and thus being capable of being used/controlled by entities like Nightmare Chirithy, Xehanort and possibly Luxu.
They don't seem to have the emblem, just the red thorny X crossing their chests.
Wouldn't be surprised if you were right about the emblem's origins, since the resemblance is striking.

alibabaggypants

Awards
I think I just got swayed over to BlackOsprey's side with this, actually. I think it's more that Heartless can't enter the Realm of Sleep (as she was saying), but if someone already within there becomes a Heartless then there's nothing that can be done about expelling them from there:)

It does make more sense that way after all, huh?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
They don't seem to have the emblem, just the red thorny X crossing their chests.
Wouldn't be surprised if you were right about the emblem's origins, since the resemblance is striking.

Ah yes, and they are also not only black/red and purple as Pureblood Heartless tend to be usually, so them actually not being Heartless could actually be the case.
The striking resemblance is why I brought it up.Seems too coincidental...

Gotta love Occam's Razor. :D

It seems that x[chi] has really some competent writers then as we know Nomura himself likes to ignore this device and make things more complicated for the sake of "surprise". ;)

Hirokey123

Awards
I've been thinking the only way we know you can get into the sleeping worlds is to ride a world as it falls into darkness. What if the grand plan of the MoM was to destroyed the world and ride this entire world into darkness, into sleep. Then use the realm of sleep as a gateway into the future spoken of in the book of prophecies. The method to destroy the world would be creating the first keyblade war, this would also sow the seeds of the modern world creating the very legends that would drive Xehanort to seek out a second war. Then Luxu or the MoM or whoever would arrive in Xehanort's era and give him the ability to see into the future/future knowledge/Luxu's keyblade/whatever. That is to say that ultimately Luxu/MoM or whoever are meant to deliver to Xehanort the tools he needs to carry out his destiny, they [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]could be just the delivery boy(s).[/FONT]

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
we're still working on subs and translations (i cannot even begin to thank goldpanner for her hard work), but translations of the first 3 scenes have been added to the OP

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Skuld: Misreading the truth, you will venture forth in secrecy...

What does that mean?

Gula: There's more.

"And then with that one strike, a bell will toll for the final battle, and the battle will begin at last, and the time shall be chosen..."

(Back to Luxu and Ava. Ava attacks Luxu and upon their clash, a ripple flows through Daybreak Town, causing the hand on the clock tower to move forward, sounding a bell.)
Aaa, thanks for the translations!
(Is it just me, or does it sound like the lost page's words are describing Ava?)

Hirokey123

Awards
It does...oh irony if [FONT=&quot]av[/FONT][FONT=&quot]a is the tr[/FONT][FONT=&quot]aitor. >_< [/FONT]

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
we're still working on subs and translations (i cannot even begin to thank goldpanner for her hard work), but translations of the first 3 scenes have been added to the OP

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

That makes things much more clear, so many thanks for all the hard work, Sign and Goldpanner.

Looking at the wording of Lord Gula, it really seems that he actually diligently tried to find out and stop whatever the true sinister plan behind all this is about but got tangled up in a misleading or wrong clue and thus wasted so much time that by now he's totally resigned to what became unavoidable and actually has his spirit broken.
The way he reacts to Skuld asking him if it is really okay to reveal such confidential information kind of shows that.

It is also obvious that Luxu revealed something more important to Ava in between scene changes and the intentions of the Master are as blurry as ever.
Ava accuses Luxu of misusing the Master's intentions for his own purposes and intentions, which is eerie similar to how Terra-Xehanort not only hijacked Ansem the Wise's original research intentions (Ansem initially wanted to explore the Darkness inside hearts to help people, not hurt them) but also hijacked his name.
Luxu is claiming to fulfill his "mission" in the Master's name but that may be just him hijacking stuff as well.

The connections to DDD and the Dream eaters are also very obviously thickening.

Aaa, thanks for the translations!
(Is it just me, or does it sound like the lost page's words are describing Ava?)

The last part about the bell certainly seems to be as Ava and Luxu fighting seems to trigger the signal for the war to start.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
The more I hear about Gula, the more it makes sense to me why he and Ava were friends.

If Gula and Ava had had more time, I really feel like they could have been able to avoid all this tragedy. Or, at the very least, have been able to save more people and maybe at least keep from the fight themselves, but alas.

Also, what do you guys think of the theory going around that something's wrong with Ava? (Whether it's possession, or what Luxu told her shaping her outlook, who knows?) She does seem pretty OOC in the Keyblade Graveyard.

The player correctly asks her what she's doing there, because wasn't she against the fighting? And then she just tells Player to prepare to face her, completely dodging the question.

And this is someone she asked to join the Dandelions that she's raising a Keyblade against! Someone she liked immediately in meeting them (going off of the official Unchained Key translation, that is).

Vaddix

Awards
Also, what do you guys think of the theory going around that something's wrong with Ava? (Whether it's possession, or what Luxu told her shaping her outlook, who knows?) She does seem pretty OOC in the Keyblade Graveyard.

The player correctly asks her what she's doing there, because wasn't she against the fighting? And then she just tells Player to prepare to face her, completely dodging the question.

And this is someone she asked to join the Dandelions that she's raising a Keyblade against! Someone she liked immediately in meeting them (going off of the official Unchained Key translation, that is).

I might think something's wrong in the sense that she's been emotionally perturbed in some manner, be it loss of hope, some sort of major upset from Luxu, etc., but not necessarily possessed or anything of that sort. I feel like there might even be some sort of bigger hint if something like that were afoot.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
I might think something's wrong in the sense that she's been emotionally perturbed in some manner, be it loss of hope, some sort of major upset from Luxu, etc., but not necessarily possessed or anything of that sort. I feel like there might even be some sort of bigger hint if something like that were afoot.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. It's probably not possession, but something's definitely off about her.

Oh! And do you guys think Aced targets Gula in Back Cover, maybe because he started suspecting he knew stuff about the missing page? And maybe even saw him trying to figure that mystery out? (He might not have connected it to the missing page, but maybe he saw Gula being suspicious and that's why Aced went after him?)

Vaddix

Awards
Oh! And do you guys think Aced targets Gula in Back Cover, maybe because he started suspecting he knew stuff about the missing page? And maybe even saw him trying to figure that mystery out? (He might not have connected it to the missing page, but maybe he saw Gula being suspicious and that's why Aced went after him?)

That's a thought! I do honestly think there's a tiny smidge more to his motives than we've seen so far, it seems people are quick to jump at him and make him out to be the biggest irredeemable idiot of the group, or something. I certainly don't think he's fully in the right (I think the point is that no one is), but I don't think he's a muscle-headed imbecile either. I'm sure he has his own suspicions and reasonings.

Hirokey123

Awards
Just a guess....

Unable to permit disharmony amongst her friends, unable to believe there was a traitor within those 5...
Dis
appointed by fate, shaken by her encounter with Luxu where she learned their fate/intentions of their master
You will lose sight of true strength, whatever strength ava had that was keeping her from joining the fight was lost
Misreading the truth, she believes in their master until the bitter end believing the truth is that Luxu is the traitor twisting the master's intentions
She will venture off in secret...

Ultimately ava will betray her friends and try to destroy the world because of her misunderstanding of the truth and her loss of the truth strength of her heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back