• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Dengeki Interview with Tetsuya Nomura: Farewell, Reaction Commands

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I forgot about her, yeah, she could need some fur too lol, don't tempt me man, are we allowed to talk about that here?
I mean we can't even say diddly
stunned-silence-gif-1.gif

Alpha Sonix

Okaaaaay then. Well, looking past the whole Sally/Sully thing, I'd agree that the reaction commands themselves aren't that bad but the bosses themselves were badly designed in KH2 which forced you to use them. If they're context-sensitive and only appear in rare circumstances, then I have no problems with them being in KH3, but I also don't mind them not being there. It would be pretty awesome if you could time a Zantetsuken command properly and slice a building in KH3 for example. As for a laser dodging thing like the Xemnas battle, there should be multiple ways to get out of that such as reflect or aeroga. Just making magic in general more needed and creative in this game will be a big improvement for me.

bgizzles45

This is actually great news. I'm glad they're taking the initiative to make KH3 more challenging. KH2 was far too easy. I also hope there's more puzzle solving and more platform exploration instead of it being linear like in KH2.

0701Noctis

KH2 was a fun game however it was way too easy for me due to the amount of reaction commands. Not that it was a horrible thing but I would love some challenge. I hope KH3 delivers.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
So long Reaction Command and thanks for all the broken triangle buttons.
This is good. While I had no issue with them, I much prefer that III has you rely on your timing.

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
That's actually pretty cool.
The reaction commands didn't LOOK too bad, but they made most boss fights way too easy and plus, you often HAD to use them to win. o0 That really annoyed me because even if you wanted to rely on your skill, you actually couldn't as much as you liked.

MasterZero

That's awesome, I was a bit worried about that and I'm so glad they took them away.
Hopefully they make it much easier to break free from combos then in KH II though like in Type-0 but maybe not as extreme.
I'm also excited for the mini games but more then anything I just wanna see Cloud cross-dress... is that wrong?
Nah. I'll join that little group too. I want to see that scene in next gen graphics.

God I hated that battle, especially the rematch was probably the worst battle in the series (depending on your level there are a few more contenders though of unfair battles), the winner of that battle 99,9% came down to beating a reaction command, the rest was easy as diddly but if you could do that one thing you lost, I'm just glad he only did that once (for me anyway) or he might have been harder then Terra was because of a bloody quicktime event (guess it wasn't a reaction command with triangle but still)

to avoid double post you can also press the quote buttom above the text box to the far right but names don't appear then, otherwise respond to another comment and copy paste to the old comment

Edit - In KH II Terra was a really good battle that didn't use reaction commands (would have been even better without that damn deathbow).
Man...The Luxord Data fight on Proud was one of the worst fights for me...ever.

Also, maybe its because I've only even fought him on proud, but I have yet to defeat Lingering Will, so I don't know how much of a 'great' boss fight he is if he can kill me in a few minutes. :tongue:
I hope not, there's Pirates of the Caribbean and I think PotC 2&3 would be perfect with the whole heart theme.
I might be alone in this but I really loved the art style in that world and Tron Legacy for 3D.
It could also be Monsters Inc, Halloween Town (again) or something similar that just look a bit more realistic (Sally need some good fur if they include that as a world)
I would love to go back to Pirates the Carribean in KH3, but Tron seems doubtful since we're out of movies. It seems unlikely they'd make an original adventure or try adapting a lesser known part of that franchise (Tron Uprising). That's just what I think, though, I could be wrong.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Man...The Luxord Data fight on Proud was one of the worst fights for me...ever.

Also, maybe its because I've only even fought him on proud, but I have yet to defeat Lingering Will, so I don't know how much of a 'great' boss fight he is if he can kill me in a few minutes. :tongue:

I would love to go back to Pirates the Carribean in KH3, but Tron seems doubtful since we're out of movies. It seems unlikely they'd make an original adventure or try adapting a lesser known part of that franchise (Tron Uprising). That's just what I think, though, I could be wrong.
I think Tron would be the perfect world to create a original story for if they decide to do that, they kinda teased it in 3D so I hope they deliver but as for Terra there are some really good techniques. I beat him without looking anything up but after watching a youtube playthrough I'm sure I could do it within 10 tries again if I wanted, even without all those mega elixirs I previously used.

MasterZero

I think Tron would be the perfect world to create a original story for if they decide to do that, they kinda teased it in 3D so I hope they deliver but as for Terra there are some really good techniques. I beat him without looking anything up but after watching a youtube playthrough I'm sure I could do it within 10 tries again if I wanted, even without all those mega elixirs I previously used.
What difficulty did you fight him on, may I ask?

warmaster34

God I hated that battle, especially the rematch was probably the worst battle in the series (depending on your level there are a few more contenders though of unfair battles), the winner of that battle 99,9% came down to beating a reaction command, the rest was easy as diddly but if you could do that one thing you lost, I'm just glad he only did that once (for me anyway) or he might have been harder then Terra was because of a bloody quicktime event (guess it wasn't a reaction command with triangle but still)

to avoid double post you can also press the quote buttom above the text box to the far right but names don't appear then, otherwise respond to another comment and copy paste to the old comment

Edit - In KH II Terra was a really good battle that didn't use reaction commands (would have been even better without that damn deathbow).
I have to disagree with you the reaction were one of the best mechanics in the game they did their job that is being fun I do not see the issue of a mechanic being fun

Precursor Mar

I have to disagree with you the reaction were one of the best mechanics in the game they did their job that is being fun I do not see the issue of a mechanic being fun

Sorry but Luxord's boss battle sucked, it was all luck and if you were bad at the reaction commands you were screwed. There was nothing fun about it.

MasterZero

because your not lucky it sucked :confused: pretty lame
excuse if you ask me
No, I agree with them. The Luxord fight was an absolute mess on higher difficulties. It was entirely luck based, something a fight shouldn't depend on. I liked Reaction Commands, but I won't lie and say they weren't sometimes lucked base on high difficulties.

There's a difference between challenging and unfair.

warmaster34

No, I agree with them. The Luxord fight was an absolute mess on higher difficulties. It was entirely luck based, something a fight shouldn't depend on. I liked Reaction Commands, but I won't lie and say they weren't sometimes lucked base on high difficulties.

There's a difference between challenging and unfair.
but how do we know what nomura means by challenging for all we know to him
challenging my mean unfair for some of us

Precursor Mar
[URL="http://forums.khinsider.com/members/precursor-mar-231974.html"]
I had no issue with

[/URL]
Luxord so I don,t get your point

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
What difficulty did you fight him on, may I ask?
Critical and Critical only. Have yet to beat MF in BBS though (only plaid that game on Critical as well)

No Luxords battle was anything but fun, it was a pure pain in the ass and I hate it with a passion.
I do see the problem with a mechanic being a pain in the ass.

warmaster34

So have some patience and wait and see.

Or as the Dark Souls community says, 'Get good.'
this not the dark soul community and for all we know it may be fights we have no way of wining Imagine the xemnas fight with out reaction commend some of those moments would be just impossible no matter how good you are and I beat the game twice on proud mod

Vanitas666 I never found to be a pain in the ass I liked the strategic thinking of on what card to pick I rather have unique boss fights then every boss fight be the same that would be
[h=3]Lazy and Uncreative way to make a game and the last thing I want is KH III being Lazy and Uncreative[/h]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back