• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Dengeki Interview with Tetsuya Nomura: Farewell, Reaction Commands

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterZero

this not the dark soul community and for all we know it may be fights we have no way of wining Imagine the xemnas fight with out reaction commend some of those moments would be just impossible no matter how good you are and I beat the game twice on proud mod
Congratulations. So have I.

That, and the Xemnas fight is a bad example considering how deeply ingrained Reaction Commands are into that fight. That's like saying, "Imagine playing a shooter game without a gun." When a fight is designed around a function, of course its impossible when you take out that core function.

If you have a problem with the gameplay, why not wait and see how it turns out before you start proclaiming "the downfall of Kingdom Hearts." You have a right to an opinion, but your opinion lacks foundation and is hyperbole.

warmaster34

Congratulations. So have I.

That, and the Xemnas fight is a bad example considering how deeply ingrained Reaction Commands are into that fight. That's like saying, "Imagine playing a shooter game without a gun." When a fight is designed around a function, of course its impossible when you take out that core function.

If you have a problem with the gameplay, why not wait and see how it turns out before you start proclaiming "the downfall of Kingdom Hearts." You have a right to an opinion, but your opinion lacks foundation and is hyperbole.
all I did was state what was going through mind and I really fear the boss fights in KH III will not be as unique as how KH II did they should give you multiple ways on how to beat boss looking back on Kh 1 it way of doing boss fights Lazy but that not the games fault since it was 2002 but now we are in 2015 at this point I am expecting flashy creative boss fights

and I am not the only everyone at less in gamefaqs
expecting the same thing I never said I had

a problem with the game play I loved what I saw in the trailer it this news I am not liking

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
this not the dark soul community and for all we know it may be fights we have no way of wining Imagine the xemnas fight with out reaction commend some of those moments would be just impossible no matter how good you are and I beat the game twice on proud mod

What is it that you fail to learn?! (that was a quote, no offense) no actually highest offense and I know some staff is gonna get on my back for this but no satans grace for you because that was just so fucking stupid that I'm starting to think you've ever only plaid KH II and no other game ever made. Go play any other game that don't have quicktime events and tell me that they absolutely needed a battle like the Xemnas fight. People have told you this before so why can't you get it in to your little head that you're not going to be fighting Xemnas exactly like that again. You think Sora in KH II could have survived against Xemnas in 3D? or MF in BBS even with reaction commands? You don't just design a game like KH II and then add the quicktime events after it! If you have reaction commands you can make a boring xemnas battle where it's all about pressing triangle, they wouldn't fucking include that in KH III if there's no reaction commands, they'd make it so you can dodge those attacks or block them and that way it's much much less repetitive and more fun and skill based. If you like easy flashy button smashing fine but don't try to debate it, just admit that that was a stupid fucking comment and move on.

Vanitas666 I never found to be a pain in the ass I liked the strategic thinking of on what card to pick I rather have unique boss fights then every boss fight be the same that would be
Lazy and Uncreative way to make a game and the last thing I want is KH III being Lazy and Uncreative

What card to pick? That was a feature? lol, I just remember having to press something really fast and kept loosing so I never used the reaction command lol. he does an attack later where you have to get 4 O and no X or he get a shit ton of points and he keep doing that until you beat him on that mini game (have to finish that in the rematch) or you die.
I never even remember what you do the first time you fight him if it's different, have to relearn that shit every time I play, you'd think it be a good thing to always feel like you fight a boss for the first time but no, it really isn't.
Again I go back to what I said before though, you can't have plaid a single game except KH II, there's plenty of amazing bosses that don't require that shit, even in KH II there's one or two that don't depend on it.
BBS have some great ones that are very unique and so does KH I such as the ice titan.
There are other ways to make something unique then cheap gimmicks.
Cheap gimmicks is what make games cheap and lazy you dumb fuck.
It take a lot of creativity to come up with a good boss battle... or you can just throw in some cheap quicktime events, that should do the trick... no, no, that is not the way it works.
KH II might have needed that because of it's (mostly) shitty buttonsmashy gameplay but hopefully KH III can do much better.

warmaster34

all I did was state what was going through mind and I really fear the boss fights in KH III will not be as unique as how KH II did they should give you multiple ways on how to beat boss looking back on Kh 1 it way of doing boss fights Lazy but that not the games fault since it was 2002 but now we are in 2015 at this point I am expecting flashy creative boss fights

and I am not the only everyone at less in gamefaqs
expecting the same thing I never said I had

a problem with the game play I loved what I saw in the trailer it this news I am not liking
I never liked KH I way of doing boss fights even as A kid I hate theme BBS was okay but it did have its moments like hitting the ice titans feet all the time LOL no thank you I think we can do batter then that its when
Luxords took riku and the others and put theme in cards you had too pick which card had theme and which card had a bomb I rather have that then always attacking a foot with the ice titan fight I really fail to under stand why some people want less creative boss fights and more uncreative ones like :confused:

MasterZero

I never liked KH I way of doing boss fights even as A kid I hate theme BBS was okay but it did have its moments like hitting the ice titans feet all the time LOL no thank you I think we can do batter then that its when
Luxords took riku and the others and put theme in cards you had too pick which card had theme and which card had a bomb I rather have that then always attacking a foot with the ice titan fight I really fail to under stand why some people want less creative boss fights and more uncreative ones like :confused:
Creavtive is good. But you know what's better? Creative, fun, and well thought out, and the Luxord fight is anything, but fun and well thought out on higher difficulties.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
You weren't suppose to hit the ice titans feet, you were suppose to figure out what to do against him then go back and install some fire command or something so you could shot at him or use a surge of some form.
Xemnas and Luxord were way more cheap than that and I never picked the wrong card, I always took the one he was at so I could hit him, it didn't make the game more challenging, I thought you were talking about the challenge he give to you later.

warmaster34

You weren't suppose to hit the ice titans feet, you were suppose to figure out what to do against him then go back and install some fire command or something so you could shot at him or use a surge of some form.
Xemnas and Luxord were way more cheap than that and I never picked the wrong card, I always took the one he was at so I could hit him, it didn't make the game more challenging, I thought you were talking about the challenge he give to you later.
effect dose not equal fun I beat the ice titan with the fire command and it worked did I have fun HELL NOOOO

Precursor Mar

I already know what it's like because there's a glitch in the HD version that prevents the reaction commands from showing up, everyone just adapted to it by using Reflect.

*Played

Sorry, the grammar nazi in me came out for a second.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
effect dose not equal fun I beat the ice titan with the fire command and it worked did I have fun HELL NOOOO
Exactly how I felt when I beat Luxord

*Played

lol, np, I appreciate being corrected actually :)

edit - I didn't even realize that was a glitch only for the HD version actually, I just know it made me really pissed but I'll be sure to use reflect next time I beat him :)

warmaster34

I already know what it's like because there's a glitch in the HD version that prevents the reaction commands from showing up, everyone just adapted to it by using Reflect.

*Played

I knoww someone already post this but he summed up how I feel about the other titles 'spinoffs' in good conscience. They honestly lack the technical prowess and direction that the console games have. Even KHII has more balance and more to see than the handheld games.

It's completely fair in my opinion to call them spinoffs, as the gameplay truly does feel gimmicky and less polished, and the scenes lack the character that the main titles have.

Last edited:

MasterZero

I knoww some one already post this how I feel about the other titles 'spinoffs' in good conscience. They honestly lack the technical prowess and direction that the console games have. Even KHII has more balance and more to see than the handheld games.

It's completely fair in my opinion to call them spinoffs, as the gameplay truly does feel gimmicky and less polished, and the scenes lack the character that the main titles have.
Except to understand the full story, you need to at least know about the other games' story. So they're not really spin offs in that sense.

and that what I am saying I saying this could really hurt KH III since it was two days ago I was hype now my hype is between not hyped and hyped yeah he was pretty easy OathkeeperRoxas XIII
Issue might be, you aren't listening to anyone's opinions but your own.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
and that what I am saying I saying this could really hurt KH III since it was two days ago I was hype now my hype is between not hyped and hyped yeah he was pretty easy OathkeeperRoxas XIII

It's not like I didn't have fun, I just knew what to, do maybe easy is the wrong word considering the coversation above, so forget I even said that.

warmaster34

Except to understand the full story, you need to at least know about the other games' story. So they're not really spin offs in that sense.
story wise I know that I own pretty much all of theme minus coded since the only worth thing is the end scene and I can look at that on YouTube but that dose not excuse
lack the technical prowess they can do so much more with the Kh gameplay and II was the step in the right direction with this news I feel they are holding the game back a little

MasterZero

story wise I know that I own pretty much all of theme minus coded since the only worth thing is the end scene and I can look at that on YouTube but that dose not excuse
lack the technical prowess they can do so much more with the Kh gameplay and II was the step in the right direction with this new they are holding the game back a little
How would you know? KH3 hasn't come out. The new gameplay functions could be better than Reaction Commands.

warmaster34

How would you know? KH3 hasn't come out. The new gameplay functions could be better than Reaction Commands.
and if that the case even batter it will beat the legendary KH II I just hope that the case I never liked the way KH I did it
the story was good gameplay was meh so I like to think that one was a bate to II

OathkeeperRoxas XIII
I agree that it was a fun boss fight it was one of my fave but the number one

will always be roxas vs axel that was the best boss fight in the whole game if KH III can pull something like that I will be a happy fanboy

MasterZero

...Okay, I've been doing a decent job so far, but I really can't understand what you just said.

warmaster34

...Okay, I've been doing a decent job so far, but I really can't understand what you just said.
I ma saying if it batter then the reaction commend that I will be very happy it will beat the legendary KH II

I also said I never like the gamplay of KH I

story was good gameplay was meh but kinda the bate to KH II gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back