• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Dengeki Interview with Tetsuya Nomura: Farewell, Reaction Commands

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
My impression of what Nomura's referring to is something along the lines of the reaction commands during Terra's final battle (Xehanort pushing him down and plunging his hand into his chest) as well as the Terranort battle in Final Episode (Dual Limit). The difference between these two, for example, compared to something like Slicer in KH2, is that they're pretty tricky to initiate and will only do so if the enemy uses a specific move.

well your opinions are the first I hear most people talk about II then they do brith by sleep and I like that one not a lot of people talk about DDD and no one talks about days proof http://www.thetoptens.com/best-kingdom-hearts-games/ and there are many more like this you wanna see ?

Let's not spam up the thread with random rankings made by random people, alright? Those are all opinionated and do not speak for everyone.

warmaster34

I won't talk much about this on the grounds of not wanting to piledrive this thread into the ground anymore than I already have.

I have no played Days or DDD, but I do plan on playing DDD. From what I heard, the gameplay is great fun, though the story gets even more confusing. Time travel will do that. I really want to play it and hope I will soon. I like Days' story, and proudly call myself a fan of Xion. I want to give her a hug. Can't say much for the gameplay as I know little of it.
I never said I hate the story of days I never said that I said no one really talks about because the gameplay is so bad I heck before I try it someone pm saying not to play and that the gameplay was a joke I never found anyone that hate KH II tell today so this actually news to me I heard some people not liking the the deck system that BBS had and found it annoying not me I had no issue with don't understand why people hate that system it was really good
Sign I just want to show an example there are many site like this that have KH II as number one

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Okay guys, I've deleted most of the grammar posts. Please understand that Kingdom Hearts has fans located all around the world who may not have perfect English. If you can't understand something that's been posted, just kindly ask for them to clarify.

I never said I hate the story of days I never said that I said no one really talks about because the gameplay is so bad I heck before I try it someone pm saying not to play and that the gameplay was a joke I never found anyone that hate KH II tell today so this actually news to me I heard some people not liking the the deck system that BBS had and found it annoying me I had no issue with don't understand why people hate that system it was really good
Sign I just want to show an example there are many site like this that have KH II as number one

That is fine but it doesn't affect us here, nor will it change anyone's mind. We all have our own opinions and everyone is expected to respect them.

warmaster34

Sign
okay my I am sorry also what if what nomura means is that reaction commands are more optional this time like you are not forced to use theme to win fights and that if you get the timing right you award with the cut-scene of said action

it makes sense that way people who are not forced to use theme have no reason to use theme or people who want to use theme have to get the timing right

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I've been told that this particular "reaction command" I referenced isn't really well known, so here's a video link (at 12:30)

Just out of curiosity, how many people managed to trigger this during their battles?

[video=youtube;MGmtFMnCY-w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGmtFMnCY-w&t=12m30s[/video]

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've been told that this particular "reaction command" I referenced isn't really well known, so here's a video link (at 12:30)

Just out of curiosity, how many people managed to trigger this during their battles?

[video=youtube;MGmtFMnCY-w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGmtFMnCY-w&t=12m30s[/video]

I've triggered that a few times during my Terra playthroughs of BBS. One of my favorite RCs of that battle.

Ugh, now I want to play BBS again.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I think I remember that one and a couple of others throughout BBS. They weren't really needed which was a nice twist.

radiantmemories

The reaction commands were something I was worried about after seing the trailer. Glad to see that they are gone, at least in their KH 2 form. I'm sure they'll still be around in some form though, but hopefully it will be a better, more strategy-based and interactive one.

Wow, you guys are really excited for the crossdressing scene. :b This will be my first time playing FF X but my sister and I have wanted to play it for a long time. We are excited to finally be able to do that. And I'm looking forward to the crossdressing scene now too. I want to see why you all are so enthusiastic about it. :b

KH shader news is interesting. I hope that means that the one person in this thread is right and the visual style will be different from what it was in the trailer. It's also got me even more excited about the possible worlds.

Nobody is talking about the Rapunzel comment. Is the translation right, does it actually mean what it says? You can't go in her tower?!

Minigames! Grr. I just hope that they are either really fun or optional. I suprised myself by really liking Flick Rush, and KH 2's gummi ship missions were actually kind fun with a donut ship, but for the most part I was not a fan of the minigames.

warmaster34

The reaction commands were something I was worried about after seing the trailer. Glad to see that they are gone, at least in their KH 2 form. I'm sure they'll still be around in some form though, but hopefully it will be a better, more strategy-based and interactive one.

Wow, you guys are really excited for the crossdressing scene. :b This will be my first time playing FF X but my sister and I have wanted to play it for a long time. We are excited to finally be able to do that. And I'm looking forward to the crossdressing scene now too. I want to see why you all are so enthusiastic about it. :b

KH shader news is interesting. I hope that means that the one person in this thread is right and the visual style will be different from what it was in the trailer. It's also got me even more excited about the possible worlds.

Nobody is talking about the Rapunzel comment. Is the translation right, does it actually mean what it says? You can't go in her tower?!

Minigames! Grr. I just hope that they are either really fun or optional. I suprised myself by really liking Flick Rush, and KH 2's gummi ship missions were actually kind fun with a donut ship, but for the most part I was not a fan of the minigames.
as long is its in the same sense as BBS I am cool with KH has always bean very stylish so I see no point in taking that away

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I've never gotten that sequence to trigger, on either PSP or PS3. It looks really cool too.

Xelon99

Awards
We had no RCs in DDD, BBS or the original KH1 and we managed just fine there. I liked the RCs, but they were just too strong sometimes. You could even abuse them in certain fights, like Lex or Marluxia. Besides, we'll have plenty new abilities to replace the RCs. And the designers are smart enough to think of challenging ways for bosses to attack us without needing a cutscene-like move. QTE are usually frowned upon in games as it makes for easy, cheap gameplay. KH2 did it pretty good though, but it's smarter to leave it at that.

And I just want to say that I'm glad they're keeping in the crossdressing Cloud in the game. That was just purely entertaining to play though

Some guy

No RC? Bummer ... Oh well, gotta go with what you got (but of course, nothing is finalized yet). At least the battles are still at their flashiest, though the attraction flows may be too flashy :/

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
We had no RCs in DDD, BBS or the original KH1 and we managed just fine there. I liked the RCs, but they were just too strong sometimes. You could even abuse them in certain fights, like Lex or Marluxia. Besides, we'll have plenty new abilities to replace the RCs. And the designers are smart enough to think of challenging ways for bosses to attack us without needing a cutscene-like move. QTE are usually frowned upon in games as it makes for easy, cheap gameplay. KH2 did it pretty good though, but it's smarter to leave it at that.

And I just want to say that I'm glad they're keeping in the crossdressing Cloud in the game. That was just purely entertaining to play though

Fighting Dusks with the Reversal RC felt retarded: hit >>> RC >>> hit >>> RC >>> hit >>> dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back