• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Dengeki Interview with Tetsuya Nomura: Farewell, Reaction Commands

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
story wise I know that I own pretty much all of theme minus coded since the only worth thing is the end scene and I can look at that on YouTube but that dose not excuse
lack the technical prowess they can do so much more with the Kh gameplay and II was the step in the right direction with this news I feel they are holding the game back a little

I kind of fail to see how KH2 was a step in the right direction, gameplay-wise. It was by far the easiest and most simple of all the entries that in FM they literally had to do a hell of a lot to fix how ridiculous it was. KH2 got rid of strategy, which FM put back in for the extra fights, but majority of the story fights were still unaffected by FM's additions, excluding Critical Mode's difficulty. KH2 also had some of the best looking reaction commands, yes, but also some of the lamest. You want good reaction command gameplay? Look at something like RE4, the God of War series - hell, even Final Fantasy X, which came out before KH1 (FFX-2 also had some better reaction commands, too). Even the D-Link and combos with Party Members in BbS was a better Reaction Command system than KH2.

Also, if anything was a step in the right direction gameplay-wise, it was Re:coded. Took the systems in Days and BbS and made them even better, had much more variety, the grid system was fantastic and diverse, etc. The only thing missing was KH2's combo system, which actually was the best the series has ever had, and Flowmotion, which didn't come about until later.

warmaster34

I kind of fail to see how KH2 was a step in the right direction, gameplay-wise. It was by far the easiest and most simple of all the entries that in FM they literally had to do a hell of a lot to fix how ridiculous it was. KH2 got rid of strategy, which FM put back in for the extra fights, but majority of the story fights were still unaffected by FM's additions, excluding Critical Mode's difficulty. KH2 also had some of the best looking reaction commands, yes, but also some of the lamest. You want good reaction command gameplay? Look at something like RE4, the God of War series - hell, even Final Fantasy X, which came out before KH1 (FFX-2 also had some better reaction commands, too). Even the D-Link and combos with Party Members in BbS was a better Reaction Command system than KH2.

Also, if anything was a step in the right direction gameplay-wise, it was Re:coded. Took the systems in Days and BbS and made them even better, had much more variety, the grid system was fantastic and diverse, etc. The only thing missing was KH2's combo system, which actually was the best the series has ever had, and Flowmotion, which didn't come about until later.
UGH days that one hurts my head ,the gameplay was so secondary to the story , like it lack the technical prowess and direction that the console games have. Even KHII has more balance and more to see than the handheld games. that what I got when I played it that so funny
Lonbilly because I really really hate coded so very much I played it at a friends

house never want to

touche that game again
:mad:

Last edited:

Lonbilly

Awards
UGH days that one hurts my head the gameplay was so secondary to the story like it lack the technical prowess and direction that the console games have. Even KHII has more balance and more to see than the handheld games. that what I got when I played it that so funny

I only mentioned Days because I was stating how Re:coded took its system and made it better, not to actually rank Days over KH2 (especially since Days is probably, although in different ways, just as bad as KH2 vanilla).

Lonbilly becouse I really really hate coded so very much I played it at a friends

house never want to

touche that game again
:mad:

What exactly bothered you about the gameplay? Was it how the gameplay itself, or the story and environment? The story is light and more or less a rehash of a rehash, same with the environment, but the gameplay is probably the most unique this series has and will ever have.

Also, please do not double post.

warmaster34

I only mentioned Days because I was stating how Re:coded took its system and made it better, not to actually rank Days over KH2 (especially since Days is probably, although in different ways, just as bad as KH2 vanilla).

What exactly bothered you about the gameplay? Was it how the gameplay itself, or the story and environment? The story is light and more or less a rehash of a rehash, same with the environment, but the gameplay is probably the most unique this series has and will ever have.

Also, please do not double post.
I was right people are pissed about this QTE/reaction commands are gone - Kingdom Hearts III Message Board for PlayStation 4 - GameFAQs

and to answer your question I was never a fan of a puzzle game and the hole Idea of blocks. I never liked it

Last edited:

Lonbilly

Awards

Firstly, gamefaqs is probably one of the... well, I don't wanna sound mean and say worst board community, but they have a specific reputation for a reason. That being said, only a few were upset.

Also, majority of the people complaining more than likely haven't touched the series since KH2, or only played KH2, as I've noticed more than enough of the casual fanbase has. It's like when Dragon Ball Z casual fans got pissed the new Dragon Ball Z film had actual plot development and humor in addition to fighting, like Dragon Ball did, but people complained it "wasn't even Dragon Ball Z anymore."

Either way, I don't really see how that had any relevancy to what I said. And besides, Attraction Flow (aka the rides and stuff) are probably our new reaction commands. They certain look flashy and boring enough.

Also, please, as I said before, do not double post.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Personally I don't mind the absence of reaction commands. It was nice to look at and effective but made the game to easy. I look forward to something challenging that requires skill and timing. That's why I liked flowmotion. Cool looking way to move and attack, but required you to control the decision making and timing. Hoping kh3 will take it to the next level

warmaster34

People don't seem that pissed. I mean, some seem happy, others seemed disappointed, but pissed is a strong word. Some seem hopeful, which is what I consider myself.

Are your woma78?
huh my name is warmaster I always use that with every site

Lonbilly
this forum dose not seam any batter, in my eyes at less to me I mean before I
made this account , I heard form some friends , that this site was anti marvel and star wars.
me on the other hand I am in the middle side, I can understand why people want star wars in KH III both star wars and KH
Story's work well together while marvel will makes no sense , I played most of the titles and I
have to say II is still the best and pretty much the other guys at game faqs feel the same
way just because you hate it dose not equal everyone.

Last edited:

warmaster34

I mean, if you want me to be brutally honest, you made several capitalization errors and misspelled several other words.
did not tell me that I would have, gotten the red lines like I fixed on less ,You'retrolling me

well Lonbilly
this forum dose not seam to be any batter, in my eyes at less to me before I

made this account , I heard form some friends , that this site was
anti​
marvel and star wars.​
me on the other hand I am in the middle side, I can understand why people want star wars in KH III both star wars and KH stories work well together while marvel will makes no sense , I played most the of titles of KH and I have to say II is still the best and pretty much the other guys at game faqs feel the same way just because you hate it dose not equal everyone. I am just saying​

Last edited:

Lonbilly

Awards

Lonbilly
this forum dose not seam any batter, in my eyes at less to me I mean before I
made this account , I heard form some friends , that this site was anti marvel and star wars.
me on the other hand I am in the middle side, I can understand why people want star wars in KH III both star wars and KH
Story's work well together while marvel will makes no sense , I played most of the titles and I
have to say II is still the best and pretty much the other guys at game faqs feel the same

What? When did I say I hate KH2? Fun fact: critiquing something doesn't mean you hate something. I'm critiquing it because KH2 was a dip in quality in gameplay from KH1's (and this is coming from someone who started the series with KH2 and CoM). KH2 vanilla is an awful KH game - a good game in general, yeah, but pretty awful by most KH standards. KH2FM, on the other hand, is my second favorite in the series because it at least tries to fix the mess that was KH2, be it from adding strategic gameplay, upped difficulty, less flashy-movie moves, etc.

Also, from reading the same thread you posted, it seems that only 1/5 of the posters actually agree. A lot seemed bummed but were more than happy to mention Attraction Flow and such, which is very much the new RC (or appear to be until we see how they truly function).

Precursor Mar

Lonbilly
this forum dose not seam any batter, in my eyes at less to me I mean before I​

Pretty sure most people on the internet think that the entire gamefaqs forum is garbage.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Seriously, you guys are arguing about grammar here? It's a news post. Take your shit somewhere else, I don't want to see this thread shut down.

warmaster34

What? When did I say I hate KH2? Fun fact: critiquing something doesn't mean you hate something. I'm critiquing it because KH2 was a dip in quality in gameplay from KH1's (and this is coming from someone who started the series with KH2 and CoM). KH2 vanilla is an awful KH game - a good game in general, yeah, but pretty awful by most KH standards. KH2FM, on the other hand, is my second favorite in the series because it at least tries to fix the mess that was KH2, be it from adding strategic gameplay, upped difficulty, less flashy-movie moves, etc.

Also, from reading the same thread you posted, it seems that only 1/5 of the posters actually agree. A lot seemed bummed but were more than happy to mention Attraction Flow and such, which is very much the new RC (or appear to be until we see how they truly function).
I keep hearing form a lot of people that played KH 1 and chain of memories and KH II and I hear nothing but good things about KH2 vanilla ,heck when blockbuster was still around it was on the ps2 best line up with something like god of war, how you say it an awful KH game is beyond me , when it the same kh game that put the KH franchise on the map this a first that I am hearing any of this LOL lets face it would we have had birth by sleep or any of this if it was not for Kh II and I hear nothing but how its the ocarina of time of Kh or how its the FF7 of the franchise in all website all Reddit or news outlets or anime forums I am not lying When I say this

Last edited:

MasterZero

I keep hearing form a lot of people that played KH 1 and chain of memories and KH II and I hear nothing but good things about KH2 vanilla heck when blockbuster was still around it was on the ps2 best line up with something like god of war how you say it an awful KH game is beyond me , when it the same kh game that put the KH franchise on the map this a first that I am hearing any of this LOL
Different people have different opinions on things.

warmaster34

Different people have different opinions on things.
well your opinions are the first I hear most people talk about II then they do brith by sleep and I like that one not a lot of people talk about DDD and no one talks about days proof http://www.thetoptens.com/best-kingdom-hearts-games/ and there are many more like this you wanna see ?

MasterZero

well your opinions are the first I hear most people talk about II then they do brith by sleep and I like that one not a lot of people talk about DDD and no one talks about days
I won't talk much about this on the grounds of not wanting to piledrive this thread into the ground anymore than I already have.

I have no played Days or DDD, but I do plan on playing DDD. From what I heard, the gameplay is great fun, though the story gets even more confusing. Time travel will do that. I really want to play it and hope I will soon. I like Days' story, and proudly call myself a fan of Xion. I want to give her a hug. Can't say much for the gameplay as I know little of it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
AHHH.

AHHH.

No.

STOP.

1) Please do not double/triple/quadruple post.

2) Guys, stop arguing grammar.

3) Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. There is plenty of KH2 hate around the internet if you really want to look for it. That is highly irrelevant, though. Criticism has nothing to do with dislike, either.

4) Stop talking about whatever you guys are discussing and get back to the interview's comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back