• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Leonard Nimoy, voice of Master Xehanort, dies at 83

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Oh man, this really sucks :(. He was such a talented man.

R.I.P. Nimoy. Because of your great voice, MX became all the more memorable. You gave a lot of gravity and presence to that character. KH3 just won't be the same without you :(

Xagzan

Awards
I feel like my heart just shattered. I really thought he would pull through.
And Chikao Ohtsuka just passed away last month, too. It's too weird.

RIP Leonard Nimoy;A;
I'm positive they will.

I feel the same way. And also with Xehanort's ability to possess his younger self and presumably the others this maybe how they'll go about it.

I had that thought as well.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I actually had hope he was getting better after reading he was doing good. It was an awkward coincidence when the news broke out about his chest pain. I was just asking Spocknort about her fan-hood with Star Trek. Today we lost an iconic actor. Played the most prominent role in our lives and many others. Our generation have experienced the most memorable minds in today's world; and today he's at a better place. All I could say is, his philosophy; ethic and ideology must well represented for generations to come and many more. In honor of the name Spock: "Live long and prosper" \\_//

LedxirnSimon

On the other note, would anyone find it ironic that MX would die/disappear for good in KH3 since both of his voice actors had died in this year?

it just made MX's chance of returning in a future saga dropping to zero.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
On the other note, would anyone find it ironic that MX would die/disappear for good in KH3 since both of his voice actors had died in this year?

it just made MX's chance of returning in a future saga dropping to zero.

I don't think anybody really expected Master Xehanort to ever appear in the next saga.

YoshiAngemon

He was also Galvatron in the Transformers Movie (Animated one). Maybe Frank Welker can do for Master Xehanort what he did with Galvatron, back in G1, and become the new voice. He's also Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Oh man...I never said this but I've always been a bit of a closet trekkie myself (Not a screaming fanatic, but enjoy the shows). Not to mention (this isn't very girly) but I also loved Transformers.

RIP and I'm glad he's not in pain, but I thought he was doing better :frown:. Live long and prosper guy.

SoraForeverKH

I first found out about this world shattering news from on TV. I can't believe he is gone...and now? I am so sad to hear this... He truly was a great actor. Definitely the best Master Xehanort voice. And this loss happens right at the time of KH III's development.... Sora never even got to meet Master Xehanort yet. I was really looking forward to seeing it, too. :'( :-( :-( Who else can do the KH antagonist like he did???
Farewell, Leonard Jumpy... We shall never forget you.

I know there is so much more he has done and much more important things to think about after somebody has passed away... But this is really hard for KH fans to hear. He was the main antagonist who without means no more of the Master Xehanort we've come to know. He undoubtedly had a very big role if not nearly the main one in KH III.
How both of the Xehanort voice actors died so close is strange. When I heard about the Japanese Xehanort actor passing away a short time ago I became sad, especially for the fans in Japan. Afterwards, I couldn't help think about how NA fans would feel if we lost our English voice actor. And now...we are going through the same thing... :(

Last edited:

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Well I know Im late to this, but it does suck that he's gone. I was more of a fan of his voice work rather then his live action. He seemed liked a good guy, and I wish his family the best of the luck. along with all the fans who are grieving over them. You will be missed Mr. Nimoy. You were on hell of a Xehanort, and one hell of a Spock.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
This was the first thing I saw on my news feed when I woke up.

R.I.P mr.Nimoy and condolences to his Family.

BEASTENDER

Chikao Ohtsuka, Leonard Nimoy, Monty Oum...It's just so much so fast...My prayers go out to their families.

I do hope they get a little something in the credits in KH3.

WaveK89

Sigh. Such an awesome guy. I could not be anymore thankful for his work. May he rest in peace.

I'm sorry, but 2015 has just been such a downer so far. Aside from stuff going at home, so many amazing people are no longer with us. I hate this. So MX will have a new voice in both Japanese and English for KH3. This will be interesting.

~Oathkeeper~

I cant believe this happened. Both voice actors for xehanort. Its almost not a coincidende to think about. They were both close to the same age. Wow. Its just unheard of. What is the staff gunna do I wonder. You cant replace a voice like leonards. He was perfect. This is the saddest news all week. It will take me a while to get over. I hope he rests well for he was dearly loved by so many. Just....now what.....♥

Awards
I was never a fan of Star Trek, but the past few months have dealt some heavy blows to us at the Kingdom Hearts community with the loss both of Chikao and Leonard. I hope they passed away peacefully.

It's gonna be... kinda difficult to watch the final defeat of Xehanort in KHIII after this.

Not to mention, Nimoy voiced Kida's father in Atlantis: the Lost Empire, which is a film that I want to see in KHIII. Makes me wonder if he would've reprised that role assuming they are planning to include that world.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I say just have Xehanort primarily appear as his adult self, like about Xemnas' age, so Richard Epcar can voice him. You just can't replace him. Feature an early scene of Master Xehanort silently transforming himself into himself from his younger days somehow.

God. Why couldn't they get out 3 sooner, for both Chikao and Leonard's sakes? This just hurts.

DoctahFaz

Awards
Master Xehanort has returned to his elderly form in DDD already. You can't just make him magically vanish and be non-existent in the game because the voice actor died. Sure, you can make him return to a younger form eventually within the game, but the form previously voiced by Nimoy will have to make an appearance somehow or it'd be an unexplained plot hole.

Hobbe

I'm curious as to what Square Enix and Disney are going to say on the matter in their respective press releases that are no doubt going to appear soon. I'm especially curious to see who, if anyone, they use to replace Leonard and whether the loss of the two actors is going to affect the Master's role in the story for KHIII.

He lived long and prospered, and I hope he can rest in peace.

VenTer

Awards
It's a sad news :'( But that is life we must go on and move on.
You can rest now Master Xehanort. You can now rest in peace.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
God. Why couldn't they get out 3 sooner, for both Chikao and Leonard's sakes? This just hurts.

Forgive me my bluntness, but I hope you realize how awfully egotistical this sounds.

There's literally no point in saying "they should've released 3 sooner", other than that we would've had the chance to enjoy Nimoy as Xehanort perhaps one more time. Which, again, is an egotistical thing to say. Not to mention how silly it is to blame SE or w/e for not releasing KH 3 sooner. It's sad that we won't be seeing him back as Xehanort but that's the hard truth.

Again, forgive me my bluntness (not trying to single you out) but I feel like people are way too quick to forget the human being behind the artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back