• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Suggestions for the Forum

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Kisame

Can we keep topic derailing off the Rules?

I understand what that rule tries to achieve, but sometimes topics derail because it's simply the flow of the discussion. In real life, I don't tell people to "get back on topic" unless I'm in a professional setting. If someone posts something completely unrelated to both the past and current discussion in a thread, then I'd consider that an example of how topic derailing can be bad. However, examples like those generally don't happen, and could be dealt with accordingly if it ever occurs.

If derailing works smoothly in real life, why can't it here?

Doing so, which I agree on btw, is very hard on staff because it is then harder to determine legitimate posts. Literally every post they either delete or warn someone about, could be debated on. Which causes a lot of trouble. The no derailing thing is there usually just to make things easier for everyone.

Now if posts counted everywhere, (which I do not suggest) derailing wouldn't be an issue.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Doing so, which I agree on btw, is very hard on staff because it is then harder to determine legitimate posts. Literally every post they either delete or warn someone about, could be debated on. Which causes a lot of trouble. The no derailing thing is there usually just to make things easier for everyone.

Now if posts counted everywhere, (which I do not suggest) derailing wouldn't be an issue.
It'd just be a matter of whether or not the next post relates to either the OP or the current discussion at hand, which isn't as bad as it sounds. "Debatable" posts such as what you're describing don't generally happen when it comes to relating to the OP, so I doubt allowing a derail to flow as the current conversation would result in a significant increase of debatable posts.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

I understand what that rule tries to achieve, but sometimes topics derail because it's simply the flow of the discussion. In real life, I don't tell people to "get back on topic" unless I'm in a professional setting. If someone posts something completely unrelated to both the past and current discussion in a thread, then I'd consider that an example of how topic derailing can be bad. However, examples like those generally don't happen, and could be dealt with accordingly if it ever occurs.

It honestly depends on the nature of the topic. Some topics are bred to be able to allow for branching discussions, and I don't think anyone on the staff typically gets on someone's case for that. But some threads are honestly created for a specific reason, and it should probably stick to that reason.

I'm not a major stickler about that stuff, but I see the merit in making sure some topics are kept focused.

FI will likely never contribute to post count.

Kisame

It'd just be a matter of whether or not the next post relates to either the OP or the current discussion at hand, which isn't as bad as it sounds. "Debatable" posts such as what you're describing don't generally happen when it comes to relating to the OP, so I doubt allowing a derail to flow as the current conversation would result in a significant increase of debatable posts.

So I suppose you could say the staff should just be more forgiving with this. Removing it all the way could be bad.

FI will likely never contribute to post count.

Yeah that would be bad. Lol

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I think a lot of us are very lenient with topic derailing and we allow for things to branch off for several comments/pages as long as it seems appropriate to the thread and we see that it's the natural discussion flow.

However, a lot of the times topic derailing does nothing constructive and ends in the thread being a mess or it's discussion that is better suited to a thread that already exists some place else.

I think it's important for us to keep the rule in place though it's very dependent on the individual discussion as to whether we feel the need to step in and say something.

DefiantHeart

Awards
I'd love to see an option to choose a team rather then it being a rank honestly. In replace of rank, I'd suggest showing a Wayfinder with certain parts of it filled in for each post. That would be so cool to see. The team concept would be like a minigame on the forums. Each user could "attack" other users or "heal" them by clicking on their username. Each member would have a set amount of points to defend, attacking steals points while healing gives points. End of each week the points would be tallied up and the winner could be determined in a variety of ways.

More on Team Concept stylized with graphics:

Shows a heartless symbol next to username if the user uses heartless or is a heartless to attack.

Shows a Keyblade next to username if they use Keyblades to attack.

Shows a magic hat next to username if they use magic to attack.

Shows a potion symbol next to username if they use potions to heal, or other items to assist.

All of this could be customized on the user profile. Depending on your style of attack, it could be coded whether or not your more successful etc. To help build on the suspense, AI Heartless and Keyblade weilders could randomly "attack" a user whom isn't often attacked by other users, etc.

More on Wayfinder Rank:

Since Wayfinders are star shaped, there would be five parts that would each appear individually once you gain enough posts. Once you've achieved max posts, you could customize the full Wayfinder into Kairi's Wayfinder, Aqua's Wayfinder, Stitche's Wayfinder, etc. Even just change the color scheme.

This is an example of how I see it:

KHInsidersuggestion_zps988bce33.jpg

Last edited:

Bryan

Can we get a KHX subforum going? Since it's released in Japan, I feel that it's warranted, and it would be nice to not have to look around other threads on other topics.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Can we get a KHX subforum going? Since it's released in Japan, I feel that it's warranted, and it would be nice to not have to look around other threads on other topics.
We'll look into this!
As we're also big fans of Kingdom Hearts X [Chi], we'd love to see it have it's own subsection! Just depends on what the higher ups say ^_^.
Thanks for the suggestion Bryan!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The KHx subsection has been approved! Have at it, ya crazies <3

SorasTwilight

Website
www.youravon.com
Kingdom Hearts Club?

Idk if this was the right place to post this, buuuuuut, a friend and I were talking the other day about her role in the risembol rangers fanclub. They have special dinners for Vic and such. And I was thinking, do we have something like this? If not, I think us fan should really come together to make this kind of club and host dinners for KH VA's and have fun events too. What do you think?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
a music section for creative media seems like a sound addition to the forums.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I was wondering if a Like/Dislike system for individual posts would be out of order.

I mean granted, it'd be spamming and a waste of time to quote someone and go "I agree".
So I was wondering if it would be feasible.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I was wondering if a Like/Dislike system for individual posts would be out of order.

I mean granted, it'd be spamming and a waste of time to quote someone and go "I agree".
So I was wondering if it would be feasible.
We had something like that called "rep". Every time it was implemented it didn't go over well so we no longer use it.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
No, I remember the rep system. Instead of dislike, why not just "like" though?

Yeah, the rep system cause much elitism. I remember, I was a massive douche about it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No, I remember the rep system. Instead of dislike, why not just "like" though?

Yeah, the rep system cause much elitism. I remember, I was a massive douche about it.

Well we do have a "like" system. It was even turned on briefly sometime last year, but it is rather pointless since it doesn't really serve much purpose. We want to encourage people to post.

We'll look into it, though.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Well we do have a "like" system. It was even turned on briefly sometime last year, but it is rather pointless since it doesn't really serve much purpose. We want to encourage people to post.

We'll look into it, though.

And I get that, I really do. But sometimes, you just want to say "i like this" or I agree" without the character limit/spamming.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
That's pretty much the point of the character limit. We try to get you to write out why you agree so there's more substance to the post. I understand what you're saying but to re-implement the system wouldn't be beneficial to the forums.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
rep system and jesus

[video=youtube;Hn-enjcgV1o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn-enjcgV1o[/video]

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Okay then. Then disregard me.
Then again, I have been gone for a long time. I wouldn't have known about the like system.

Back