• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Suggestions for the Forum

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zul

Awards
Eh, it's not commonly known about, anyways.

Are you talking about when the rep system was changed so only positive rep existed?

I think he means a system where the like/dislike is not based on the user, but is very specific to each post.

Like imagine my post has a number on it on the upper right(not ME, the post itself) that shows how many upvotes or downvotes the post has.

Usually with a system like this, the post is highlighted or brighter when upvoted, or faded down when downvoted enough.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Actually, yeah. That is exactly what I meant. I don't know if I made that clear.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Are you talking about when the rep system was changed so only positive rep existed?

I think he means a system where the like/dislike is not based on the user, but is very specific to each post.

Like imagine my post has a number on it on the upper right(not ME, the post itself) that shows how many upvotes or downvotes the post has.

Usually with a system like this, the post is highlighted or brighter when upvoted, or faded down when downvoted enough.

That was what Ethy was referring to.

Javelin434

Awards
Well we do have a "like" system. It was even turned on briefly sometime last year, but it is rather pointless since it doesn't really serve much purpose. We want to encourage people to post.

We'll look into it, though.

I'd say it sorta does serve a purpose, letting viewers know who else agrees with a certain post without having to essentially copy-and paste said post. Less clutter, less redundancy and encourages people to post either different viewpoints/opinions or add on to it without the chunk of text. But that's my personal opinion.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'd say it sorta does serve a purpose, letting viewers know who else agrees with a certain post without having to essentially copy-and paste said post. Less clutter, less redundancy and encourages people to post either different viewpoints/opinions or add on to it without the chunk of text. But that's my personal opinion.
Problem is certain users might target users and dislike a post for no proper reason, harassing the user.

Zul

Awards
That was what Ethy was referring to.
Ah, I don't remember a system like that at all being on the forums. Must have been there when I was gone.
Problem is certain users might target users and dislike a post for no proper reason, harassing the user.
The system would be anonymous, though. The only thing visible is a score on the post itself. The worst a person could feel is his or her post having a negative score, not sure if that goes into the realm of harassment.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Ah, I don't remember a system like that at all being on the forums. Must have been there when I was gone.
If I remember correctly, it was accidentally turned on for 5 minutes and a user spammed the Like option.

The system would be anonymous, though. The only thing visible is a score on the post itself.
Depends if the system allowed it to be anonymous.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It's a feature already built into vB. We just don't use it.

The system would be anonymous, though. The only thing visible is a score on the post itself. The worst a person could feel is his or her post having a negative score, not sure if that goes into the realm of harassment.

The system doesn't have a dislike feature. It's just liking. And what purpose would liking serve? It's a pointless feature.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Or, just not allow negative votes. Allow only positive votes. Anyone with anything negative to say just doesn't say anything.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
We're a fairly tiny community so things like this are often easily abused by circles of friends. It also contributes nothing to the forums since it would promote just clicking a button instead of actually taking the time to type out a response and that would lead to very little back and forth between users.

It's something we'll look into for the future but for right now it wouldn't work.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Can us veterans get some kind of prize for being a member of this forum for 10 years?

#9 years and counting

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Can we have more sloths please I feel as if I am underrepresented and is there any way that the BACK TO TOP button can have an option to be on the left or right of the screen?

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I also like Enchanted's idea.
8 and counting.
~

I just remembered something in my drunken stupor.
Didn't KHI have an online RPG game or somehting around 2005?

CLEARLY it was taken down, but whatever happend to it? It was fun.
I was waiting for it to return and I just eventually forgot about it.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I also like Enchanted's idea.
8 and counting.
~

I just remembered something in my drunken stupor.
Didn't KHI have an online RPG game or somehting around 2005?

CLEARLY it was taken down, but whatever happend to it? It was fun.
I was waiting for it to return and I just eventually forgot about it.

The Inferno RPG? The forums were updated but the game itself never was by the person who made it, so it wasn't compatible anymore :c

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Ummm... i got some ideas... maybe.... well you could set that link to the main site somewhere more easier to find. Like here.
ZxKAmdd.png

O and i saw there were problems with bots... well some website's have that security thing by what bots can't come in (or that's what they say), i don't know what it's called but i will try to describe it: if you go to a site sometimes they say that you should type in what stands above. It is if you want to download something or just by entering a site. You can't copy and paste it coz it's a pic. With some random words/letters. Like srow (no idea if it is a word) and that's stands then in a strange way on the pic. So it's kinda harder to read. And then you need it write it down. If it's all ok you can enter the site or download the stuff you wanted to download. They say it is against bots...

O and can make from this site a phone version??? I often try to login with my phone here but then i end up not being logged in... or maybe it's just my phone...

Ok that were my suggestions...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Ummm... i got some ideas... maybe.... well you could set that link to the main site somewhere more easier to find. Like here.
ZxKAmdd.png
I'll pass that along.

O and i saw there were problems with bots... well some website's have that security thing by what bots can't come in (or that's what they say), i don't know what it's called but i will try to describe it: if you go to a site sometimes they say that you should type in what stands above. It is if you want to download something or just by entering a site. You can't copy and paste it coz it's a pic. With some random words/letters. Like srow (no idea if it is a word) and that's stands then in a strange way on the pic. So it's kinda harder to read. And then you need it write it down. If it's all ok you can enter the site or download the stuff you wanted to download. They say it is against bots...
i think we use to have that but it didn't work. We are looking at alternatives, some that have worked tremendously.

O and can make from this site a phone version??? I often try to login with my phone here but then i end up not being logged in... or maybe it's just my phone...
We have a mobile skin which you can select from the drop drown menu at the bottom of the forums.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
I'll pass that along.

i think we use to have that but it didn't work. We are looking at alternatives, some that have worked tremendously.

We have a mobile skin which you can select from the drop drown menu at the bottom of the forums.
Ok

Really?? I never saw it...

Ok i think i will find it...

Back