• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VIII - "collect all the hot dogs"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
re: Final Fantasy VIII - "collect all the hot dogs"

Another question now. As I'm playing on PSP, is there any way to be able to level up Boko or gain Moomba/MiniMog as GFs?

No.

Only way is to have a PSOne and a Pocketstation, or the PC version of the game. I played the PC version as its easiest. You're out of luck, sorry :p

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Final Fantasy VIII "Call me Leon, erm, I mean Squall"

414px-Ff8_logo.png

Released on PSone and PC, Final Fantasy VIII is the eighth insallment in the series. It has become one of the best selling games in the series, selling over 8.15 million copies as of 2003. This was more of a groundbreaking title, being the first in the series to more realistically proportioned characters, use vocals in its title theme, and breaks away from the traditional leveling up than in other Final Fantasies. This is more of the underrated games in the series.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VIII "Call me Leon, erm, I mean Squall"

Wow! Is there really no FF8 thread? The game's story is pretty poo, but the design of the world is great. It's so hodge-podge and interesting.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VIII "Call me Leon, erm, I mean Squall"

lol merging them now. Funny thing being you were the last to post in the other one, Jackstin :p

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan

Good game, partner loves it so i play it often, but lately i have gotten back into ff x and i realized how much i hate squall lol

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards

squall and rinoa's love is so perfect, they're my favorite ff couple. how they mature and transform each other, wah! ;w;

never noticed it when i played at a younger age because you just take the core romance of ff games between the lead male/female for granted, but this is written really well in terms of relationships and boundaries and the facades we all put up.

of course i love tidus and yuna and the other fantastic couples but i think squall and rinoa are the most realistic and relatable.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I should finish this game already... after February I sort of lost interest because then I got Soul Calibur, Skyrim, Metal Gear Solid HD, and now this. This was a fun game... but I should get back to playing it since it's the only PSX FF that I haven't beaten.

MadasaHatter

After beating FFIX and loving it! I'd decided I'd give the one PS FF I haven't played yet, FFVIII. I read tons of reviews and stuff about this game, and it seems to have a lot of hate! WOW. LOL well so far, I'm actually liking it. At the very beginning though. But I love the art direction and the graphics(It's one reason I just can't play FFVII another time, the polygonal figures are just sooo bad looking , I would have rather they have done it in 2D than really bad looking 3D) are a step up from VII and actually proportional! Haha. The music is just wonderful, which I've heard is one of the best in the series, so can't wait to hear more. Only done a few fights, and so far I like it. I know people hate the whole draw system, but I think it breathes new life to a tired old magic system. Well, can't wait to get more into it!

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

VIII is one of my favorites. I actually restarted it recently because I never beat it when I first got it like 4 years ago. I love the Junction and Draw system, even if it was its flaws. It pretty much kicks butt since there's so many things I could do with characters, like making Rinoa a HP and Magic tank even when 10 levels below Squall.

Oh, but watch out for the Final Fight (even though you're not here yet). If I remember correctly, the final boss picks your party at random for you to fight it, and so if you have certain people not Junctioned and they get pulled in... well, it can be quite disastrous. That's actually mostly why I started my game since part of my party was un-Junctioned, low-leveled, and frankly I want to get the missable GFs.

Decrith

It got a lot of hate because of the very confusing Junction system, and if I remember correctly, most of the reviews hated Squall being unlikable (which is stupid because they base it on 1st impression [not character development])

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

I've noticed a lot of the hate is for Squall and Rinoa, ignoring character development. It's like how people hate Hope from XIII because he whines at the beginning but develops into a pretty cool character, and a tank in battle.

I personally never had a problem with Squall's persona though seeing as how I knew he wouldn't stay that way for long, since I had played X before hand and assumed the other FFs were just as character driven with developing.

I still find Squall to be one of my favorite characters in the game and general media to this day. <3

Decrith

Exactly, people base their judgment on 1st impression, instead of trying to get to know the character firsts.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

While I feel Hope will always be one of my least favorite characters in video game history, since his character development is predictable, slow and he's an overall unlikable guy, I still like Squall's development, especially the one he shares with Rinoa.

misssheep

Everybody and their sons hate this game but I love it. Yes even Rinoa. I feel so alone. :frown:

While I feel Hope will always be one of my least favorite characters in video game history, since his character development is predictable, slow and he's an overall unlikable guy, I still like Squall's development, especially the one he shares with Rinoa.

Really ? I thought that Squall was a bit of giant ass whom only really only cared for Rinoa who he loved. He was a cold jerk at first and he warmed up a little bit but he still only really treated Rinoa nicely. Too bad if you're Irvine or Zell who he forgets or pretends that they don't exist anymore. Squall or Leon was much better in Kingdom Hearts II imo.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards

squall cares about everyone! :<

but yah you aren't the only rinoa fan ♥

Decrith

Yea, It did feel like the others were left out, to be honest, Laguna had more screen time than the others (in my opinion).

misssheep

squall cares about everyone! :<

but yah you aren't the only rinoa fan ♥

Did he though ? I'm sorry if this sounds rude or something but to me it just seemed like he only cared about his own little world. He did have anti-social problems because of his rough childhood but... did he really care expect for Rinoa ??

Yay ♥ It's so good to see another fan of hers ! So many fans always bash her. :frown:

Decrith

I think he cared but never really got a chance to show it, except for the scene in Balamb Garden, and his big speach, but other than that. Meh, mostly Rinoa

*Is it too late to say I'm a Rinoa Fan too?*

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Really ? I thought that Squall was a bit of giant ass whom only really only cared for Rinoa who he loved. He was a cold jerk at first and he warmed up a little bit but he still only really treated Rinoa nicely. Too bad if you're Irvine or Zell who he forgets or pretends that they don't exist anymore. Squall or Leon was much better in Kingdom Hearts II imo.

That's exactly what I liked about him. He was a hurt boy and he treated everyone with cold stares and silence and it was so nice seeing how that all changes with Rinoa's influence on him, which isn't exactly just "OH GUESS I'LL STOP BEING SAD SUDDENLY" like a certain someone else *cough* Hope *cough*. It's this gradual change, spiced with a little outbursts etc. which make Squall one of my favorite characters. It's all so rewarding towards the latter part of the game when he carries her to Esthar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back