• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Black Coat Riku in KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Riku in KH3D

Yeah, I know. I just don't like it when people make spelling mistakes and don't fix them #grammarnazi.

Welp, I'm off to work. I expect lots of theories about Repliku when I get back. Fail, and face erasure.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!

Yeah, I know. I just don't like it when people make spelling mistakes and don't fix them #grammarnazi.

Welp, I'm off to work. I expect lots of theories about Repliku when I get back. Fail, and face erasure.
Will you mind if I use a logic probe when they fail, or perhaps have them derezzed?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm hoping for some more Repliku theories. If nobody bring a good one I'll have to make one myself then debunk it. How dull.

Lol you'd make a good GM~

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

Geeze thanks for the pressure bro.

Ok I'll level with you. I had never considered Data Riku to be a viable option to begin with. Stuff about dreams and data not mixing or something. But after reading the theories and remembering the point of Coded I can say that he could definetly show up and I applaud all of you for coming up with a great theory for him.

But I'm still sticking with team Repliku. Yes this is more out of a personal want. I'd rather have him than Data Riku and that's just how I feel about it. As far as a theory goes you guys got me beat. Data Riku's reason is better than Repliku being beaten and just showing up in the RoS. I still want him to be there though, to have some kind of conflict with Riku. Any conflict would be good. But if we get information that says otherwise, that it really is Data Riku then I will remove my Team Repliku banner and say you were right. Then I'll go on and enjoy playing the game.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Data-Sora had the best keyblade ever.
Zero-One_KHREC.png

Crazy Mario

So, we've gotten to the point where the other side of the argument has clearly decided to stick by their theory due to personal opinion? Data followers, I think this argument is pretty much closed at this point!

blueheart

Bronze Member

It would be more exciting for Repliku to come back, we haven't seen him in forever. It wouldn't really require any long headache explanation for why he's there. He's probably one of the most tormented in the series, as a clone, way more than Xion.

Who says he couldn't help Sora and Riku. They probably will know of TVA and the BBS story from Yen Sid and Mickey. Data Riku wouldn't be needed for that. Whatever Data Riku could do, Repliku could do.

Isn't personal opinion what the sides are based on, at least somewhat?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

If it is repliku we will finally know for sure where a heart goes after death.
[video=youtube;9_fBSyPtt-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_fBSyPtt-Y[/video]

Crazy Mario

It would be more exciting for Repliku to come back, we haven't seen him in forever. It wouldn't really require any long headache explanation for why he's there. He's probably one of the most tormented in the series, as a clone, way more than Xion.

Who says he couldn't help Sora and Riku. They probably will know of TVA and the BBS story from Yen Sid and Mickey. Data Riku wouldn't be needed for that. Whatever Data Riku could do, Repliku could do.

Isn't personal opinion what the sides are based on, at least somewhat?
Definitely not. The posts me, Ethy, and Chaser have posted for both possibilities are comprised entirely of facts about why either will be in the Realm of Sleep and how they will contribute. While both can be in it, Data Riku actually has a purpose to serve and help exploit in order to help Sora and Riku understand the situation about the people they have to save since mickey's letter was useless, while we don't know what Repliku can help accomplish in the storyline in the Realm of Sleep, if he should be rescued, and whether he's even going to be on the same side as both Sora and Riku in the Realm of Sleep.

Data's explanation has more facts to back up it's purpose while Replica only has a reason and not a purpose to sum up. Man, this is just a big cycle. People ask questions, we answer them, they side by the losing team on opinion terms, and then ask the same question again. Amazing, is it not?

blueheart

Bronze Member

Definitely not. The posts me, Ethy, and Chaser have posted for both possibilities are comprised entirely of facts about why either will be in the Realm of Sleep and how they will contribute. While both can be in it, Data Riku actually has a purpose to serve and help exploit in order to help Sora and Riku understand the situation about the people they have to save since mickey's letter was useless, while we don't know what Repliku can help accomplish in the storyline in the Realm of Sleep, if he should be rescued, and whether he's even going to be on the same side as both Sora and Riku in the Realm of Sleep.

Data's explanation has more facts to back up it's purpose while Replica only has a reason and not a purpose to sum up. Man, this is just a big cycle. People ask questions, we answer them, they side by the losing team on opinion terms, and then ask the same question again. Amazing, is it not?

Way to flame there buddy.

Like I said, Yen Sid and Mickey are right there. They have mouths, and can communicate the information they have with them. Why would you need Data Riku for that? They can say more in person than with letters. Would Data Riku know more than them? He told Mickey all he had to know. Unless he kept some secrets.

Fallen Prince

If it is repliku we will finally know for sure where a heart goes after death.
[video=youtube;9_fBSyPtt-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_fBSyPtt-Y[/video]

Wasn't there a line in the trailer from someone along the lines of "Even Data can have a heart?" I can't quote exactly, but i recall something along those lines. If so, sounds like even Repliku could make his debut soon.

Crazy Mario

Way to flame there buddy.

Like I said, Yen Sid and Mickey are right there. They have mouths, and can communicate the information they have with them. Why would you need Data Riku for that? They can say more in person than with letters. Would Data Riku know more than them? He told Mickey all he had to know. Unless he kept some secrets.
Because this is Kingdom Hearts, the land of characters with vague explanation, backstory, and support with a producer who thinks a complicated storyline is the key to success. Has the series not taught you that Mickey and Yen Sid would be so stupid to the point that they expect Sora and Riku to just go into the Realm of Sleep with no information, in which they will accept the task with no hesitation. All they're probably gonna talk about is some vague summarization on their prediction about Master Xehaort's plans and send them to complete the Mark of Mastery.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

Data!Riku's Support:
-The physical manifestation of the Journal that contains a copy of Riku's memories (I say copy because Riku doesn't seem to suffer from an amnesia so the Journal must have copies of some of Riku's memories.)

-Appeared in a recent game.

-Is not only a character but also a plot device (being the journal-keeper of what has past-, remembers Data!Sora's adventures.)

-Has been canonically seen wearing the organization black coat.

-The KH universe has already used him as a way to rally information before...what's stopping them from doing this time.

Repliku's Support:

-Was a character who's purpose was mostly used as a device of deceit (to make the player think that the replica was the actual Riku). Repliku served no other purpose beyond this to the point that the Organization didn't assign him a number.

I'll be honest. I love Repliku. I loved him before KH2 was even released and I love him till this day. But the Riku in the trailer being Repliku as opposed to Data!Riku who has more reason to appear is nothing more...than wishful fan-service. Repliku has no information to offer to Riku and if he did it would be an odd way of rallying that information to Riku. Data!Riku who has Riku's memories, Sora's & co, Data!Sora's, and some hidden info from Data!Namine is a more sensible choice. I love Repliku, but I also love it when a series actually makes sense instead of throwing fanservice at us...which is what bring Repliku back would be. He had a fitting end and a perfect exit from the series. I'd hate to have it ruined by this...sudden resurrection of everyone.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

@Cape Mario: Yes the Data Riku theories are good, I've admitted that, and if it turns out to be him i'll admit defeat and move on. With all the work put into Data Riku stuff it's hard to argue a better point for Repliku since his would probably be a far simpler role. He 'died' went to the RoS, showed up in front of Riku, and hopfully some interesting conflict occurs. That's what i've got (bad at making theories). You have good points to back up your theory and i've got points for mine, nothing has been set in stone yet.

Yes it's a personal preference thing for some of us, but it's part of being a fan so who cares? I'm a football fan and if an analyst or expert were to tell me reasons A, B, and C using stats and other stuff for why my team should lose I'd still support my team. And "losing team?' Dude we're a minority of a minority on one website that cares enough to actually pick a side. You switched teams, you can do that, just get off your high horse and let us have our hope. I hope somebody can come up with a good Repliku theory.

Crazy Mario

Data!Riku's Support:
-The physical manifestation of the Journal that contains a copy of Riku's memories (I say copy because Riku doesn't seem to suffer from an amnesia so the Journal must have copies of some of Riku's memories.)

-Appeared in a recent game.

-Is not only a character but also a plot device (being the journal-keeper of what has past-, remembers Data!Sora's adventures.)

-Has been canonically seen wearing the organization black coat.

-The KH universe has already used him as a way to rally information before...what's stopping them from doing this time.

Repliku's Support:

-Was a character who's purpose was mostly used as a device of deceit (to make the player think that the replica was the actual Riku). Repliku served no other purpose beyond this to the point that the Organization didn't assign him a number.

I'll be honest. I love Repliku. I loved him before KH2 was even released and I love him till this day. But the Riku in the trailer being Repliku as opposed to Data!Riku who has more reason to appear is nothing more...than wishful fan-service. Repliku has no information to offer to Riku and if he did it would be an odd way of rallying that information to Riku. Data!Riku who has Riku's memories, Sora's & co, Data!Sora's, and some hidden info from Data!Namine is a more sensible choice. I love Repliku, but I also love it when a series actually makes sense instead of throwing fanservice at us...which is what bring Repliku back would be. He had a fitting end and a perfect exit from the series. I'd hate to have it ruined by this...sudden resurrection of everyone.
Thank you. I'd personally like to see Repliku one more time, but the evidence the trailer gave and the reasons for Repliku being given are simply opinionated. Also, I can't see why Square would like to reference a game from the beginning of the saga when this game is trying to tie together the recent trio of games.

@Cape Mario: Yes the Data Riku theories are good, I've admitted that, and if it turns out to be him i'll admit defeat and move on. With all the work put into Data Riku stuff it's hard to argue a better point for Repliku since his would probably be a far simpler role. He 'died' went to the RoS, showed up in front of Riku, and hopfully some interesting conflict occurs. That's what i've got (bad at making theories). You have good point to back up your theory and i've got points for mine, nothing has been set in stone yet.

Yes it's a personal preference thing for some of us, but it's part of being a fan so who cares? I'm a football fan and if an analyst or expert were to tell me reasons A, B, and C using stats and other stuff for why my team should lose I'd still support my team. And "losing team?' Dude we're a minority of a minority on one website that cares enough to actually pick a side. You switched teams, you can do that, just get off your high horse and let us have our hope. I hope somebody can come up with a good Repliku theory.
Okay, I'm sorry for acting so conceited. I didn't mean to bash your theories like that, it's just that I wanted to prove that most of the evidence we've gathered so far was opinion-related and not fact. It's definitely not a bad thing though and we all love some characters too. I just think it's a little one-sided to stand by something to the point where you stay just because you like this character more than the opposing one. I prefer going where most of the facts point out, but it's okay to do the opposite. I hope you can forgive me.

blueheart

Bronze Member

There is already fanservice everywhere. Axel had a fitting end and perfect exit, yet he's coming back. All or some of the Org13 coming back is fanservice. Why not throw the Repliku fans a bone? He'd probably only be in this game with a tiny role anyway.

I'll leave and let you facepalm at me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

There is already fanservice everywhere. Axel had a fitting end and perfect exit, yet he's coming back. All or some of the Org13 coming back is fanservice. Why not throw the Repliku fans a bone? He'd probably only be in this game with a tiny role anyway.

I'll leave and let you facepalm.

Blueheart, I've told you before. The KH2 novels hinted at Axel's return YEARS before KH3D was ever conceived. We've even known since the KH2 novels that if the Nobody and Heartless are destroyed, we'd get the somebody again, but it wasn't considered 1st tier canon until Re:coded when Yen Sid confirmed this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back