• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who is the hero that Zack admires?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who is the hero Zack admires?

• Sephiroth

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • Angeal

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Someone From Olympus Coliseum

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
In Terras Story, Zack Fair said that Terra reminded him of a hero. I think that there are 3 possibilities,

Sephiroth
Angeal
Someone from Olympus Coliseum

Who is it? I think its Sephiroth

αsiя

space coke
In Terras Story, Zack Fair said that Terra reminded him of a hero. I think that there are 3 possibilities,

Sephiroth
Angeal
Someone from Olympus Coliseum

Who is it? I think its Sephiroth

Nomura said it was Sephiroth.

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
But...how? Sephiroth said himself that he was something born from Cloud's darkness. In the KH universe, that's what he was suppose to be. And I thought Nomura said it "could be Sephiroth," not that it was WAS. I would really need to see the exact quote. But I still don't see how it can be Sephiroth.

Also the fact that the feather in the ending was black, not blue.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
But...how? Sephiroth said himself that he was something born from Cloud's darkness. In the KH universe, that's what he was suppose to be. And I thought Nomura said it "could be Sephiroth," not that it was WAS. I would really need to see the exact quote. But I still don't see how it can be Sephiroth.

All we know is that Sephiroth is Cloud's darkness. But we don't know how long either of the two have existed or what their past is.

Also, that whole blue feather thing doesn't matter that much. It's still a dark feather, and the only character I know with dark feathers is Sephiroth.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

From the plot mysteries interview:

-- Who is the hero "similar to Terra" that Zack aspires to be like?

Nomura: As in the original game, it's Sephiroth. In "KHI FM" and "KHII" Sephiroth was portrayed as a being of darkness, but at the time of "KH BbS" we don't know whether or not he was a being of darkness.

TheBucket

Website
www.youtube.com
@chasespicer056: No, Cloud has a wing with black feathers also. He would have been as young as Zack back then, but like you said, we don't know how long he/they have been around, or maybe even what they are.

@Sign: Thank you very much. That's what I was talking about. OK, so, it IS Sephiroth, but now I'm wondering something...could it be that when Sephiroth said he "was Cloud's darkness," that he didn't mean it literally? Maybe we just misinterpereted it. Because everytime in KH when we hear "darkness," we think of the actual physical darkness that certain beings are made of. But what if he just meant that, where Cloud is the "light," Sephiroth simply stands for everything opposite of Cloud, thus making him his darkness. And because of their connection, somehow, as long as Cloud is alive and has those dark emotions inside of him, Sephiroth will never cease to exist.

Which then brings up the matter of what exactly Sephiroth is...

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
@chasespicer056: No, Cloud has a wing with black feathers also. He would have been as young as Zack back then, but like you said, we don't know how long he/they have been around, or maybe even what they are.

@Sign: Thank you very much. That's what I was talking about. OK, so, it IS Sephiroth, but now I'm wondering something...could it be that when Sephiroth said he "was Cloud's darkness," that he didn't mean it literally? Maybe we just misinterpereted it. Because everytime in KH when we hear "darkness," we think of the actual physical darkness that certain beings are made of. But what if he just meant that, where Cloud is the "light," Sephiroth simply stands for everything opposite of Cloud, thus making him his darkness. And because of their connection, somehow, as long as Cloud is alive and has those dark emotions inside of him, Sephiroth will never cease to exist.

Which then brings up the matter of what exactly Sephiroth is...

You're right, but since he wasn't a choice, Cloud didn't come to mind.

Anyway, I see what you were trying to say now. I think that Sephiroth is more of a representational darkness than an actual darkness. Because he also says that "Cloud's darkness keeps calling him back" and I don't think he's speaking in the third person there, which he would be if he was literally Cloud's darkness.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I think it's safe to assume that Sephiroth is not literaly Cloud's darkness. Since Sephiroth was a hero at the time of BBS, that would confirm that Sephiroth is his own person and not the literal dark side of Cloud. So it seems Sephiroth symbolicoly represents Cloud's own darkness. But the question is, why does Cloud see Sephiroth as a symbol of his darkness? The back story of Cloud and Sephiroth should have been explained in BBS, hopefully it will soon.

TheBucket

Website
www.youtube.com
Maybe their pasts in the KH universe are similar to their stories in FFVII. I'm going to assume that they are both from Olympus Coliseum, seeing as how Zack was, and it was the first place we saw both Cloud and Sephiroth. Maybe they were good friends, but...something happened. Maybe somehow for some reason, the darkness got to Sephiroth, and, similar to FFVII, he went insane, and started...idk, just doing bad things. I'm not going to bother trying to make up an entire story, but just saying that something had happened similar to the FFVII situation.

Even if Zack's hero was Sephiroth in BbS, that still leaves the question of what happened to him, and if that feather really was Sephiroth's. I will still say that there is a significance to the color of the feather. It was jet black, but Sephiroth's are a bright-to-dark blue, tinted with black on the ends (in the art at least. I know they're darker in the game renders, but still not pure black.)

So who knows, maybe there will be more FFVII characters involved later. Haha, wouldn't it be funny if they remade the entire FFVII series in KH?

No. No it wouldn't...

State

Awards
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep: Sephiroth Hojo/Crescent
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII: Angeal Hewley

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Maybe their pasts in the KH universe are similar to their stories in FFVII. I'm going to assume that they are both from Olympus Coliseum, seeing as how Zack was, and it was the first place we saw both Cloud and Sephiroth. Maybe they were good friends, but...something happened. Maybe somehow for some reason, the darkness got to Sephiroth, and, similar to FFVII, he went insane, and started...idk, just doing bad things. I'm not going to bother trying to make up an entire story, but just saying that something had happened similar to the FFVII situation.

Even if Zack's hero was Sephiroth in BbS, that still leaves the question of what happened to him, and if that feather really was Sephiroth's. I will still say that there is a significance to the color of the feather. It was jet black, but Sephiroth's are a bright-to-dark blue, tinted with black on the ends (in the art at least. I know they're darker in the game renders, but still not pure black.)

So who knows, maybe there will be more FFVII characters involved later. Haha, wouldn't it be funny if they remade the entire FFVII series in KH?

No. No it wouldn't...

Well Nomura confirmed that Sephiroth was the hero Zack was refering to, and the feather at the end of BBS is blueish black like Sephiroth's I think.

I know it doesn't have much relevance but personaly I think this is what they should have done if Cloud and Sephiroth in BBS:

In last episode if Aqua revisits the coliseum there will be a cutscene where Zack is trying to get his best friend Cloud to come with him to the coliseum to see Sephiroth who has just arrived in the Coliseum. Aqua speaks with Zack and Cloud about who Sephiroth is and Zack explains, "Sephiroth is a great hero who wanders in search of stronger opponents to test his strength against"

In the coliseum Sephiroth ask Zack if he would like to fight him, and Zack is overly excited to do just that. Aqua and Cloud watch from the side lines, of course Zack loses the battle. He is about to stand to thanks Sephiroth for the great match but to his shock Sephiroth continues fighting Zack. Zack questions why Sephiroth is taking the battle so seriously.

Sephiroth explains, "I used the darkness to wander the worlds, seeking strong oppenents to test my strength against. However as I used the darkness more and more it began to corrupt my heart and I obtained a new power, the amazing power of darkness. So I came here, to the coliseum hoping to find a strong oppenent to test my new dark powers against. Now I shall eliminate you as a testimate to my new power."

Zack is horrified by his hero's betrayel. As Sephiroth is about to land the final blow to Zack, Cloud blocks the attack. That's when Sephiroth senses a great darkness in Cloud and manipulates that darkness in Cloud to take control of him (Refrencing Sephiroth's mind control over Cloud in FFVII) He makes Cloud deliver a fatal wound to Zack.

Once Sephiroth releases Cloud from his control, Cloud is horrified, releasing this is his fault. With his last words, Zack tells Cloud not to fall into despair and then gives the last bit of his strength to Cloud before he dies. Enraged, Cloud attacks Sephiroth. Aqua jumps in and this begins an optional fight with Sephiroth where Cloud serves as a party member. At the end of the battle Sephiroth is injured, he tells Cloud that his darkness wil always haunt him. Cloud tells Sephiroth then he will eliminate him and thus erase his dark past (This starts the symbolic relationship of Sephiroth representing the great darkness in Cloud's heart). Sephiroth fades into a corridor of darkness with Cloud following him.

Aqua stands in shock, sadened over Zack's death, she still finds hope in the belief that Cloud will find his light and stop Sephiroth.

Later in the credits Cloud is shown arriving in Radiant Gardens in his search for Sephiroth where he finds young Leon, Arieth and Yuffie. Yuffie rushes upto him, surprising him and causing him to fall to the ground. Arieth walks upto Cloud and helps him up, meanwhile Leon is seen with his arms cross watching Cloud. (Thus explaining how Cloud met Leon, Yuffie, and Arieth and how he got to Radiant Gardens)

--------------------------------------------

Well there is my idea on how the back story of Sephiroth and Cloud should have been explained lol

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
Well Nomura confirmed that Sephiroth was the hero Zack was refering to, and the feather at the end of BBS is blueish black like Sephiroth's I think.

I know it doesn't have much relevance but personaly I think this is what they should have done if Cloud and Sephiroth in BBS:

In last episode if Aqua revisits the coliseum there will be a cutscene where Zack is trying to get his best friend Cloud to come with him to the coliseum to see Sephiroth who has just arrived in the Coliseum. Aqua speaks with Zack and Cloud about who Sephiroth is and Zack explains, "Sephiroth is a great hero who wanders in search of stronger opponents to test his strength against"

In the coliseum Sephiroth ask Zack if he would like to fight him, and Zack is overly excited to do just that. Aqua and Cloud watch from the side lines, of course Zack loses the battle. He is about to stand to thanks Sephiroth for the great match but to his shock Sephiroth continues fighting Zack. Zack questions why Sephiroth is taking the battle so seriously.

Sephiroth explains, "I used the darkness to wander the worlds, seeking strong oppenents to test my strength against. However as I used the darkness more and more it began to corrupt my heart and I obtained a new power, the amazing power of darkness. So I came here, to the coliseum hoping to find a strong oppenent to test my new dark powers against. Now I shall eliminate you as a testimate to my new power."

Zack is horrified by his hero's betrayel. As Sephiroth is about to land the final blow to Zack, Cloud blocks the attack. That's when Sephiroth senses a great darkness in Cloud and manipulates that darkness in Cloud to take control of him (Refrencing Sephiroth's mind control over Cloud in FFVII) He makes Cloud deliver a fatal wound to Zack.

Once Sephiroth releases Cloud from his control, Cloud is horrified, releasing this is his fault. With his last words, Zack tells Cloud not to fall into despair and then gives the last bit of his strength to Cloud before he dies. Enraged, Cloud attacks Sephiroth. Aqua jumps in and this begins an optional fight with Sephiroth where Cloud serves as a party member. At the end of the battle Sephiroth is injured, he tells Cloud that his darkness wil always haunt him. Cloud tells Sephiroth then he will eliminate him and thus erase his dark past (This starts the symbolic relationship of Sephiroth representing the great darkness in Cloud's heart). Sephiroth fades into a corridor of darkness with Cloud following him.

Aqua stands in shock, sadened over Zack's death, she still finds hope in the belief that Cloud will find his light and stop Sephiroth.

Later in the credits Cloud is shown arriving in Radiant Gardens in his search for Sephiroth where he finds young Leon, Arieth and Yuffie. Yuffie rushes upto him, surprising him and causing him to fall to the ground. Arieth walks upto Cloud and helps him up, meanwhile Leon is seen with his arms cross watching Cloud. (Thus explaining how Cloud met Leon, Yuffie, and Arieth and how he got to Radiant Gardens)

Well there is my idea on how the back story of Sephiroth and Cloud should have been explained lol

Nice back-story, I would have loved/hated that(because Zack is awesome and who would want to see an awesome guy die?).

αsiя

space coke

If only they would put that in the US version.

Lord betrayus

Website
m.www.yahoo.com

I can imagine that, good job. 0.0

kingudamu

Website
sora-no-haatsu.deviantart.com
i think i remember zack saying to terra "though you dont look like him, your alot like my friend!" (or something along the lines of that...) so, that proble would have ruled out angeal right then and there (cuz of the whole "terra looks like a bunch of FF& dudes!" thing from a few years ago....)

I personally hoped it would be Genisis, cuz of the whole "slight, akward 'friendship' " thing they had , but sephiroth it is....
kinda getting tired of seph tho. i want someone new- perferable someone who hasnt got involved in so many parodies already...damn you "get down fad"...

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
That's pretty good for a quicky, but it shouldn't be added to the main storyline as that would sidetrack the overall story. However if it was a secret boss, or secret scenario, i could see this working.

That's what I intended it to be. Basicaly it's only available in Last Episode. You can choose to go back to the Coliseum in last episode and if you do you can choose to enter the coliseum and if you do, then it will go through all that stuff I wrote and of course you fight Sephiroth and ect.

But it would be completely optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back