• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rise Against

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Rise Against's first cd today. It's interesting, seeing how much they have changed. And, at the same time, stayed the same way.

Oh, yeah, Appeal To Reason's best tracks are Savior, Hairline Fracture, Hero of War, and The Dirt Whispered, imo.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Are all copies of 'Appeal To Reason' in the shitty cardboard sleeve type things, I was going to buy it in town earlier until I realised this and i just wished to clarify...

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
I really, really like them, and I think that they can be listened to independently of their political tract. But on the other hand, taking them as a punk band, I think where other bands have ended up looking like complete retards (think Green Day's American Idiot), they've managed to be quite clever in their politicized music.

My favourite song is Paper Wings, I think it's absolutely amazing, and I sing it all the time. And then Ready To Fall, Dancing for Rain, Like The Angel and Rumors of My Demise are awesome too.
Not so keen on Swing Life Away which seems to be a favourite of casual fans.

I think the point stating that they are hit and miss is a valid one, and it's why they're not one of my absolute favourite bands. Though I actually thought Siren Song of The Counter Culture was consistently good - at least the opening (State of the Union) through to the middle and end.

And also, Tim's vocals are quite difficult to listen to for a sustained amount of time.

But still, I think they're one of the better, more innovative and original bands out there; their music just really appeals to me.

Not heard anything about their new CD, but I'm so out of the loop of life, in general, so I'm just going to take people's opinions of it as sacrosanct.

lacrymosa967

I love Rise Against, I think that the new album is AWESOME. I only have that and the Sufferer and the Witness, but my favourite songs by them are definately Worth Dying For, and Survive. The lyrics to Survive really really helped me. It's amazing how much music can make a difference in someone's life.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Savior
Hero of war
Strength to go on
Re-education through labour.

My favourite songs of Appeal to reason.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I bought Rise Against's first cd today. It's interesting, seeing how much they have changed. And, at the same time, stayed the same way.
I know this was posted 2 months ago but since the topic got revived might as well say something.
I got all their cds starting with "The Unraveling" which is just so awesome. You are brought into Rise Against with "Alive and Well" and picked up more with "401 Kill". My favorite song has to be "everchanging" and best opening is on "Reception Fades"

Then there is "Revolutions per Minute" which is also a great album, but compared to others it was the downer. Had great songs and the cd got me into Rise Against, but I just love other albums more.
Then of course "Siren Song of Counter Culture" which is were you really start seeing them taking a political stand. The album is amazing. You get all pumped from "Give it All", but then they keep you down with a "Life Less Frightening" which I love.

"The Sufferer and the Witness" which was amazing, but at times you get sort of downed by it. "Prayer for a Refugee" of course is a highlight on the album. My favorites ended up being "Survive" and "Build Me Up Buttercup" which are amazing. The "Approaching Curve" was a decent song, but for some reason I just couldn't really get into the song especially since it is being played right after "Drones."

Finally "Appeal to Reason" which I think is their best cd overall. There isn't one song where I think I want to skip it to get to the next. Collapse kicks it off right, and "Elective Amnesia" just ends the cd is such a great manner. My favorite songs are "Dirt Whisperer" and "Hero of War" because they paint such a deceptive picture in your mind. I love this cd and each time I hear it my head is boucing to the songs.

If you want to hear what Rise Against is all about then I would suggest getting "Appeal to Reason" and if you already got it and want to hear more then my list from best to I guess you can say worse would be:
1. Appeal to Reason
2. The Unraveling
3. The Sufferer and the Witness
4. Siren Song of Counter Culture
5. Revolutions per Minute

Favorite songs from Appeal To Reason:
Hairline Fracture
Savior
The Dirt Whispered
Whereabouts Unknown
Hero of War

And then pretty much everything else.

I've been listening to The Unraveling a lot lately. That entire cd is win.

Edit: Elective Amnesia is not on the US disc. I wish it was.

My cd ends with Whereabouts Unknown, which I think does a good job of ending the cd.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
I did see them live last month, I have to say fuckin amazing. Making that my second time, They played almost a 2 hour set containing songs from each CD. It was amazing. I fell in love with "Hero of War" that night.

I really suggest seeing them live at least once. The Pits are really brutal and amazingly fun and those boys really know how to put on a show.

I did see them live last month, I have to say fuckin amazing. Making that my second time, They played almost a 2 hour set containing songs from each CD. It was amazing. I fell in love with "Hero of War" that night.

I really suggest seeing them live at least once. The Pits are really brutal and amazingly fun and those boys really know how to put on a show.

My sister's seen them. See said it was awesome.

Definitely on the top of my must see list.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Damn you Vice. I wanted to go cause they are touring with Alkaline Trio and my two favorite bands in one concert would been awesome. The problem was it was on a Sunday and sort of had stuff for school I needed to get done since finals were approaching I couldn't let up yet.

Edit: Elective Amnesia is not on the US disc. I wish it was.
Wow never realized that. I didn't go out, and buy the cd though and got mine off itunes. So yeah I also got a live version of "Prayer of a Refugee."

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I've really clicked for Entertainment now. Tis and awesome song too.... didn't like it at first though.

C

Crazium

This is my favorite band by quite a bit. I actually dislike their message and their reputation, I don't give a crap about vegetarianism and I'm a Republican. I just like their musical style, especially on The Unraveling. I know they have a crappy reputation for Swing Life Away and crap, but their entire discography is solid. I just love the fast pace drumming and smart bass, plus Tim's vocals.

I'm probably just gunna get a whole lot of "ah man, these guys suck" but that's just because of all the risefag chicks that gave them the reputation in the first place and only know about 5 of their songs.

Best songs:
Bricks
Chamber The Cartridge
My Life Inside Your Heart
Give It All
Dead Ringer
Entertainment
Alive and Well
State of the Union

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
They aren't the best band in the world.

Bit too political for their own good.

But they aren't the worst band ever either.

C

Crazium

They aren't the best band in the world.

Bit too political for their own good.

But they aren't the worst band ever either.
Who cares what they're singing about?

Some of the best bands are political like Rage Against The Machine, Dead Kennedys, Pennywise, System of a Down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back