• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Languages

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

I

The Show Must Go On
I'll list in the order in which I learned:

Italian - my native language, specifically the Venexiàn dialect of Serenissima. I'm competent with 'standard' Italian, but southerners confuse me.
Ladin - not Latin, but a dialect of of northwestern Italy and Austria.
English
Tagalog - I'm not completely fluent, but I learned it while living in Manila as a child.
Japanese - Learned through a mixture of school courses (both while in the Philippines and in the United States), visits to Minoh, and an influx of native Japanese where I live. I've tested as natively fluent.
French
Russian

big don mega

english is my first language, and i took 5 years of spanish in middle school through high school. that is not a lie, but if you hear me try to speak it, you just won't believe me

Guernsey

Awards
English is my native language. I was studying Spanish in highschool but nowadays I just feel out of place whenever I see anything in another language. Most of my family are Haitians so they know the Haitian and French language but I barely know jack except how to ask for something or hello. I plan to study other languages so that people won't use that factor against me but I just feel out of place to people on the forums who can actually speak Greek, French, Spanish, Japanese, German, Austrian and Russian. I can use Xenoglossia but I don't what I am saying half the time and the only Japanese I know is from subtitles and prefixes. :sad:

T

Tattered Rebirth

I speak English, just finished my 3rd year of Spanish (and it was my last year too), and I want to learn to speak Japanese.

ChrisFootball

with me is different but the same Lol my native language is spanish, but i been studying since 3rd grade english at th beginning i was like what the f- - k is apple and blue and red Lol know i'am more in the grammar mistakes but i think i've improved a lot since i start, in fact i did a test called the TOEF that is like the prove i do know english if i passed it i think i'll start with french but i prefer japanese...:( still i have a lot of practice to do LoL

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
I can speak Finnish, English, Swedish and German, and I know some words/sentences from Japanese, French, Latin and Italy. :D

Favourite words:

Finnish: Kumarreksituteskenteleentuvaisehollaismaisekkuudellisenneskenteluttelemattomammuuksissansakkaankopahan (the longest word in Finnish language)
English: Euphoria, Oblivion
German: Angst
Swedish: en sjö, sjön (lake)
French: Deux (two)
Latin: Gloria
Japanese: Kawaii ^.^
Italy: Belleza (beauty)

Last edited:
N

*~NeoAdamus~*

originally most of my family speaks Spanish, but my intermediate family has kinda strayed from it.

Martine

Norwegian and english. I want to learn japanese and vietnamese! (I have vietnamese friends)
I also fully understand swedish. And danish for the most part.

Am I and Rixam the only norwegians in here? o_O

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
Norwegian and english. I want to learn japanese and vietnamese! (I have vietnamese friends)
I also fully understand swedish. And danish for the most part.

Am I and Rixam the only norwegians in here? o_O

Nope!

well..I live in the US, but I'm second-generation norwegian. :3

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Still learning the language of Spanish, but I'm hoping to also learn Japanese and possibly Chinese.
Sometimes I would get my French and German mixed up when I was in Jr. High.

Sora788

Website
jijun.livejournal.com
Chak de India rocked! I loved that movie. Too bad it had low ratings. Jodhaa and Akbar songs were nice. Hum Saath Saath Hain...Main Hoon Na was nice. Did you watch Om Shanti Om?

Yeah, I watched all those. Om Shanitom was a great one too, it was so good. I think they're making a sequel?

everyone always hates spanish. o_O
like 80% of the students at my school who take Spanish hate it.
It seems like me & my friends are the only ones who make an effort to learn & speak it correctly.
Everyone else is like.."ho-lay, cah-mo eestas???"

It's pathetic. There are only like 40 sophomores going on to Spanish III next year (out of about 300) Everyone else is dropping out or failed Spanish II the first time and have to retake it.

I know, so many people are like that in my classes too. I try to learn the language even though it bores me a little with all the rules and whatnot, but I try... So you're fluent in it now?

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
Really? So you understand it? Hmm.. Hvordan går det med deg? xD
lol, no I don't actually.
My grandma is the only person in my family who still speaks it once in a while. ^^;

I know, so many people are like that in my classes too. I try to learn the language even though it bores me a little with all the rules and whatnot, but I try... So you're fluent in it now?

far from it!
XD
I guess I could carry on a conversation if I had to, though.

Tsuki Nagashi

I can speek Japanese, since I hosted Japanese Students for a couple years and I learn from watching Subbed Anime I own, it helps alot.

I Really wanna learn French or German, I might take classes on that this year

Guernsey

Awards
Does anyone have one of those Rosetta Stone books? Is it really as good as they say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back