• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Languages

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

home is where the heart is
Norwegian and english. I want to learn japanese and vietnamese! (I have vietnamese friends)
I also fully understand swedish. And danish for the most part.

Am I and Rixam the only norwegians in here? o_O

Wow really?

I'm Vietnamese :3
But I'm not very good at speaking it as I'm supposed to. xD

Dexel

Beyond hope
All I know is English. I'm planning on learning Japanese and Italian, but I've got a long road ahead of me.

I think that I just said one of my favorite phrases right about now, too.

Martine

Wow really?

I'm Vietnamese :3
But I'm not very good at speaking it as I'm supposed to. xD

!!
That's so cool :D
I have vietnamese friends that live in Da Nang. They speak english, but they're not very good at it :/
They usually come to Norway every year to work here, but sadly, not this year.. I miss them so much.. Especially Duc.. :3 <3

Guernsey

Awards
Is it too late for me to try that pen pla stuff? I could try that Cultural Diversity club at my school.

SiiNz

With Love
Website
www.youtube.com
I can speak Spanish and Japanese..Although I am working on Japanese..Lol of course I speak English

Spanish - Cono.
English - Dawn.
Japanese - Kyoofu

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In Japanese, there is no alphabet right? So how would you read the words? Just wondering.
I wondered this too...But then I thought about it more.

In English, how do we know that the letter 'a' is pronounced with either an 'aye' or an 'ah'?
The alphabet. We memorize it when we're kids and when we learn how to read. There's not really much to say WHY it's this way. It just is, right?

(please keep in mind that I'm not an expert, I'm still learning, and really have no idea what I'm saying but...from what I've learned: )
(and no, i didn't copy paste from wiki)

Japanese has three (or four) alphabets.

Kanji, like ones you see in rich people's houses that say "Hope" or some shit. Like... Ai (ah-ee)= 愛, which is love.

Hiragana, which is those curvy curly ones. An example: which read hi (hee)

Katakana, which I like to remember as the sharp ones (liek a katana, lol). Katakana looks like this: カタカナ (which, out of my laziness of finding a cool word I just found "Katakana". Yay.)

And then Romanji, which isn't really Japanese. It's just the Romanized version of Japanese. Basically, instead of "かわいい!" it would look like the commonly seen "Kawaii!"

Each character has it's own pronunciation...True, some do look alike with Kanji sometimes and some are really hard to freaking read when all scrunched up. People say it's all symbols and whatnot...

But aren't letters and numbers the same?

T

Tyler Durden

Uh, apparently, after three years of french, you have the capacity of a twelve-thirteen year old.

So I can speak french like a twelve-thirteen year old.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh, is that how it's spelled?

Hmm, so for Japanese, you basically have to memorize all the words and how they're pronounced?!

... ._.
You didn't read a goddamn thing I said, did you?

EVERY LANGUAGE is like that.

When I was really little I thought cursive was a different language. And even smaller, just plain English.
*sigh* Why does it make sense to me...

Sword for Hire

English is the only language that I can currently claim to be fluent in. I'm working on Japanese, but with languages it's always a slow and steady progression towards fluency. All the same, I'm incredibly thankful that I was raised on English. My heart goes out to anyone who has to learn this ass-backwards language.

-Arcana-X-

I can see right through all your empty lies
You have to work hard to understand the language and learn to pronounce it correctly.
I'm trying to work on Japanese. There are some good websites for learning languages.
Favorite word: Dhanyavad (Thank you!)

Yeah, maybe it's easier, but when English people learn another language, it's hard since there's different lettering and pronouciation in foreign languages. Ex: Hindi has many letters, and then you can combine them with vowels. Like 'k' to 'ka' 'Kaa', 'ke' 'kee' 'ko' 'koo' 'ku' kuu' etc. Imagine if you have to write it, there's all these new symbols to memorize.

Last edited:

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
I think that English is easier to learn than most languages. Well, that's just my opinion. :) I think Spanish, Japanese, etc are more complicated...or it's just me.

It's just you. English is probably the hardest language in the world to learn.

Sword for Hire

It's just you. English is probably the hardest language in the world to learn.

Indeed. English is widely considered to be the most difficult language in the world to master. English has no set rules for spelling, for one. I suppose this isn't surprising when you consider the fact that English is rooted in so many different languages.

Blue

home is where the heart is
Well for me English was the most easiest language to learn. I had no real difficulty in learning vocabulary, grammar etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back