Come check out our E3 2014 Coverage!
Join the discussion on our forums!

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix Website Update!

After all the Jump Festa buzz, news is slowing down to a steady pace, but the action hasn't stopped!

The official KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HD ReMix website updated with the Kingdom Hearts Final Mix section getting brand new content all through it.

Information such as the story, characters, the worlds, the system gameplay and new features included in the game.

While most of the information has been previously announced to the public, the most notable addition to the site includes a comparision of the infamous Paopu Tree scene, which is available in both Standard Definition and the High Definition. Another note-worthy addition to the site is the presence of the inventory menu during gameplay when flying through the Gummi Ship. This addition, while available in the original Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, is new for the Western audience.

KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HD ReMIX releases on March 14th 2013 in Japan.

Source: aibo_ac7 via Twitter

COMMENTS

Luap

December 28, 2012 @ 07:50 amOffline

Disney Castle is listed as a world. Kinda odd.

crash13

December 28, 2012 @ 07:55 amOffline

Does any one know what the trophy is called? It's obviously for beating a tournament.

Master Spockanort

December 28, 2012 @ 08:08 amOffline

I tried translating it but all I got was "Party of the" because I can't see the final part

Sora2016

December 28, 2012 @ 08:12 amOffline

Isn't this a new Tarzan render?

Spoiler Spoiler: Screenshot of website Show

This is the only one I have ever seen:

Spoiler Spoiler: Old Tarzan render Show

Chaser

December 28, 2012 @ 08:53 amOffline

Isn't it Hero in the Making?
Isn't this a new Tarzan render?

Spoiler Spoiler: Screenshot of website Show

This is the only one I have ever seen:

Spoiler Spoiler: Old Tarzan render Show
Yeah, they've update it.
Eyes are a good way of telling if they're using a higher quality model.

Rydgea

December 28, 2012 @ 09:09 amOffline

Thanks for the update! Oh gosh, all this news to soak in...

Eyes are a good way of telling if they're using a higher quality model.
My eyes instantly darted to the circles within the irises of SKR. They were hardly noticeable outside of Nomura's concept art, but the clarity here is great. So yes, eyes, and particularly with the Tarzan render I noticed, nails, have received a buffing o' detail. :)

Time to browse. 8D

Chaser

December 28, 2012 @ 09:13 amOffline

Honestly, Tidus, Wakka and Selphie look updated as well.

Also, was this really this jagged in game? I remember it looking much smoother.

Sora2016

December 28, 2012 @ 09:28 amOffline

Isn't it Hero in the Making?

Yeah, they've update it.
Eyes are a good way of telling if they're using a higher quality model.
I was more wondering if I had just missed the better render at some point, but I don't see when they could have made it since Deep Jungle has only ever been in one game. I could definitely tell it was better than the original :P

Honestly, Tidus, Wakka and Selphie look updated as well.

Also, was this really this jagged in game? I remember it looking much smoother.
The Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie ones are from Re: Coded I think.

And I'm not sure, I usually focused more on Riku in the foreground who looks pretty decent in this screen. Though I don't remember it being quite that jagged.

Rydgea

December 28, 2012 @ 09:34 amOffline

The DI gang renders are from re:coded, right? EDIT: ninja'd

Yeah I don't remember the Paopu tree (or anything else) seeming that rigid. Perhaps the extra harshness is showing because it is a shrunken screencap?

Master Spockanort

December 28, 2012 @ 09:38 amOffline

Just as they show a ton of jaggies in the SD picture that we don't really remember, you can be sure the smoothness of the HD pic won't be so accurate in game.

iDrops

December 28, 2012 @ 12:03 pmOffline

Wow, I didn't think there was that big of difference between the original KH1 and KHHD. It looks so much better! I'm so happy that SE decided to use new models and make everything look prettier~

I remember it being that rigid...

Vəntus

December 28, 2012 @ 12:40 pmOffline

I talked with a friend about it and we got "Junior Heroes".

ShardofTruth

December 28, 2012 @ 01:10 pmOffline

The SD image was obviously not taken from the original KHFM because the models are exactly the same, it was just sampled down and resized (even to the wrong aspect ratio).

This is the original scene from the game:

Edit: Sorry I didn't realize the image would be to wide for the forum. Just click on the thumb to view the full size image.

Edit2: The HD image was also manipulated, just look how Riku is folding his arms and compare it to my and the SD version.

Sign

December 28, 2012 @ 01:45 pmOffline

Everything looks so good~

Isn't it Hero in the Making?

Yeah, they've update it.
Eyes are a good way of telling if they're using a higher quality model.
Aw man, I wish they didn't have all the sparkles obstructing the render so I can add it to the gallery xD

©2012 KHInsider. KINGDOM HEARTS official artwork, trailers, characters, merchandise, and music is copyrighted to Square Enix and Disney.
Please read our privacy policy for more information.