• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Any good Yozora/verum theories

• Thread starter Deleted member 282472
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 282472

Anyone have any good Yozora/verum rex theories?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Just going to dump my thoughts here. Some are theory, but honestly more questions than anything. Whether they are any good is your opinion. lol

Yozora’s True Form:

When we talk to Nameless Star, she says his heart was replaced with another’s. But if he were to regain himself, he’d be distressed by her absence. So she is referring to Yozora’s true form here that we (probably) have yet to see. Whoever took his true form could be our KH4 antagonist. NS also may not realize Yozora was actually trapped in another body.

Yozora’s true heart must have been placed in the form we see in KH3, which is why he says “this isn’t what I really look like” and questions how Sora recognized him. So where did his current body come from? Does it belong to the person who took his own body? Or from a third person? Or maybe it was created as an avatar of some kind.

For those thinking it is Riku’s, I don’t think this is the case. Yozora already lost his true form by the time Sora meets Nameless Star. So likely was already in this new body. This is backed up by his appearance in Toy Box. Barring time travel, Riku travels to Quadratum long after Yozora gained this form.

Also, does he not normally go by Yozora in this form since he was confused at someone recognizing him? “Possibly Luxord” only refers to him as Commander, so it is possible he normally goes by another name.

Yozora’s Dreams:

It seems that much like how Sora would enter the Final World in his dreams, Yozora does the same thing. That’s how he “stumbled into this place” since we see him wake up back in Quadratum after the fight.

The trials he went through may have just been similar to what Sora goes through in his dive to the heart during the game tutorials. And maybe he was told to “save Sora” by a mystery voice similar to how Sora hears Mickey speak to him. Could be Mickey, Riku, or someone else.

I think it would interesting if KH4 actually opens with us playing as Yozora in his Dive to the Heart and it leads up to the same fight with Sora, showing us his side of the events. This could be part of a larger prologue like Roxas’ in KH2 to explain his background. So some of it could take place in Quadratum before he falls asleep in the car and enters the DttH.

Role of the Soul:

The KH4 trailer has the line, “The heart resides within the soul, which in turn is guided by fate to its rightful place.” I think this points to the series finally expanding on the soul concept. As part of this, I have a theory that it isn’t just Yozora’s heart that was swapped. But his soul as well.

The latter half of that line refers to the soul being guided by fate to where it belongs. The rightful place could be a world like in Sora’s case. But it could also refer to the body for someone like Yozora who has lost theirs.

But why would the soul matter in a body swap? Why couldn’t it just be the hearts that switched places? When we have seen someone put their heart in another body in the past, the old body (and soul presumably) simply dissolves into the ether. Their heart then enters whoever they take over where they have to wrest control from the original heart that is still present. The original heart never leaves though.

This is not the case with Yozora who is in a different body and has someone else in his original one. So maybe in Quadratum, it is possible for two people to fully swap bodies, but it requires both the heart AND soul to trade places. This would completely eliminate the original host’s will over the body. So unlike how Xehanort had trouble with Terra re-exerting control, whoever has Yozora’s body would have full autonomy over it.

TL;DR:

- Someone is using Yozora’s real body, but we don’t know who.
- Yozora could be in that person’s old form or a completely different one.
- Yozora is in his own dive to the heart in KH3, which could be KH4’s prologue played from his perspective.
- The soul will play a larger role in KH4 with it potentially being relevant to swapping bodies.

D

Deleted member 282472

@Luminary
The bodyswap plot is interesting. I'd say Yozora's original self could be the KH version of Noctis.

Last edited by a moderator:

WaltK

Awards
The fact that Yozora's resemblance to Riku is something that's actively pointed out by Sora is what makes me think there may be something to it.

I also find it hard to ignore how Sora himself looks a lot like Yozora in KH4. Like, to the point where his HUD icon could be easily mistaken for a Yozora recolour at first glance.

D

Deleted member 282472

The fact that Yozora's resemblance to Riku is something that's actively pointed out by Sora is what makes me think there may be something to it.

I also find it hard to ignore how Sora himself looks a lot like Yozora in KH4. Like, to the point where his HUD icon could be easily mistaken for a Yozora recolour at first glance.
Yozora could be a fusion of Sora and Riku.

Like Gotenks from DBZ.

D

Deleted member 282472

I liked the fan theory that Yozora is the younger version of MoM but feels random.

@WaltK
there is a theory that Yozora is amnesiac Sora from another timeline so a variation of that where he's an alternate version of Riku could be true.

@Underwater Cop
This thread would get more traffic if KH4 had an update.

Back