• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3's theme song "Chikai" lyrics translation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Utada Hikaru's 7th studio album "Hatsukoi" (lit. "First Love") released today in Japan and is slowly rolling out on various online storefronts around the world.

The album features 12 songs including "Oozora de Dakishimete" from the Suntory Tennesui water TV commercial, "Play A Love Song" featured in the Suntory Minami-Alps Sparkling water TV commercial, "Hatsukoi" for Japan's popular drama Hana Nochi Hare, "Forevermore" from the TV drama Gomen, Aishiteru, "Anata" from the film DESTINY Kamakura Monogatari, and “Chikai” from the long-awaited video game Kingdom Hearts 3. 

Thanks to Goldpanner, we now have English translations of "Chikai" available for your viewing pleasure!

運命なんて知らない
けどこの際 存在を認めざるを得ない

本当にこんな私でもいいの
ねえいいの あんまり期待させないでほしい

今日という日は嘘偽りのない
永遠の誓い日和だよ
綺麗な花も証人もいらない
同じ色の指輪をしよう

悔しくて仕方がない
ダサいくらいしがみついたまま
眠りたい 毎日

約束はもうしない
そんなの誰かを喜ばすためのもの

今言うことは受け売りなんかじゃない
約束でもない 誓いだよ
嘘つきだった僕には戻れない
朝日色の指輪にしよう

胸の高鳴りを重ねて踊ろうよ
今を生きることを祝おうよ

たまに堪えられなくなる涙に
これと言って深い意味はない
ただ昔を突然思い出し(ああ泣きたい)
開かれたドアから差し込む光
これからもずっと側にいたい
選択肢なんてもうとっくにない

今日という日は過去前例のない
僕たちの誓い日和だよ
綺麗な花も証人もいらない
同じ色の指輪をしよう

Kiss me once, kiss me twice
一度じゃ足りない

あなたを下さい

Kiss me three times
お願い

あなたを下さい

日の昇る音を肩並べて聞こうよ
共に生きることを誓おうよ

I never cared about stuff like destiny, but
This time, I'm forced to acknowledge it

Are you really okay with someone like me?
Really, really? I don't want to let you get your hopes up about me

The weather today is just right for
An eternal oath, free of lies
Don't need pretty flowers don't need a witness
Let's have our rings be the same color

So frustrated, what else can I do
I want to sleep clinging on so tight to you
that it's uncool, every day

No more promises
Those are for making someone happy

What I'm saying now isn't some second hand opinion
It's not even a promise, it's an oath
I can't go back to my old liar self
Let's have our rings be the color of every morning

Let's press our thundering hearts together and dance
Let's celebrate the fact that we are alive here and now

Sometimes there's no real deep meaning
to the tears I can't hold back
I just suddenly remember the old days (ah I want to cry)
the light shining through the opened door
I want to be by your side forever more
It hasn't even been a choice for quite some time

The weather today is just right for
An eternal oath, never been seen before
Don't need pretty flowers don't need a witness
Let's have our rings be the same color

Once isn't enough

Give yourself to me 

Kiss me three times
Please 

Give yourself to me 

Let's listen to the sound of the sunrise with our shoulders touching
Let's make an oath to share our lives together

Kingdom Hearts 3 releases January 25th, 2019 in Japan and January 29th, 2019 worldwide.  

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts III, The World Ends With You and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 3's theme song "Chikai" lyrics translation

Me every time I listen to the song and the thoughts about a sad, somber ending creep in: I DON'T WANNA KNOW, BABY, I DON'T WANNA KNOW!!!

It better end with Sora and Riku's wedding though, I s2g they've given several games of set up for that they need to pay it off with this Oath.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

btw I still can only imagine this from Riku's point of view. about Sora. because who else is there.

okay I will now sleep happy

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Reading this while listening to the song hit me even harder, and I am now crying

btw I still can only imagine this from Riku's point of view. about Sora. because who else is there.
okay I will now sleep happy

There is no one else it could possibly be tbh

AmaryllisMoth

Awards

There is no one else it could possibly be tbh

Uhh...okay then. Not sure if you are being sarcastic...? (Let's just say I disagree and be done there).

Regardless, I love the song but it does have a bit of a sadness to it that makes me a bit worried. I also like how it almost references the previous songs in the series,t touching on feelings of nostalgia like Passion, but at the same time referring to some of the feelings from Hikari. It's kinda great in that sense.

tamanegi

Me every time I listen to the song and the thoughts about a sad, somber ending creep in: I DON'T WANNA KNOW, BABY, I DON'T WANNA KNOW!!!

It better end with Sora and Riku's wedding though, I s2g they've given several games of set up for that they need to pay it off with this Oath.

lol same

it sounds so bittersweet ;_; i'm kinda scared now. but also -listens on repeat until jan 29th-

i wonder if they'll remove a section for a slightly modified op and ed like they did with passion...

AmaryllisMoth

Awards

...am I missing something?? That would be so out of left field. 0_o

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

...am I missing something?? That would be so out of left field. 0_o
It wasn't a serious remark but Riku loves Sora and vice versa and it comes across as more than a friend loving a friend. All of Dream Drop Distance was Riku doing nothing but talking about Sora as if someone was talking about their partner, and even between Data versions, Riku and Sora were all adorable during Re:coded.

1_Mendoza

I think Hikari Utada did a great job on this song, although I’m not a big fan of the bridge where she starts rapping. Feels really out of place imo. I also can’t wait to hear the reprises, instrumentals and/or orchestra versions of this song, Yoko gonna show Hikari how it’s done haha.

Dr_Mario64

I don't approve of a lot of KH ships, but Soriku honestly makes way too much sense. Their personalities compliment each other WAY too much to just be friends! And don't think I didn't notice the tsundere act, Riku!

kingsoraful

Awards

This song is about the Trio but definitely about Sokai romance as well. I abolutely love it it's beuatiful. It absolutely goes in the same league as Hikari and Passion.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

This song is about the Trio but definitely about Sokai romance as well. I abolutely love it it's beuatiful. It absolutely goes in the same league as Hikari and Passion.
i think the was the song was aiming for this as well

kingsoraful

Awards

Sora and Kairi's relationship has always been a huge focus in every single theme song and they literally end the game always on something with them.

Hikari ends with Kairi finding the drawing of Sora giving her the paupo fruit and drawing a reciprocation
Passion ends with Kairi and Sora exchanging her lucky charm he promised to bring back to her.

It seems obvious that Chikai is going to have a big focus on this relationship as well.

This is the end of the first arc of Kingdom Hearts. The end of the Xehanort saga.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards

i think the was the song was aiming for this as well
and
Sora and Kairi's relationship has always been a huge focus in every single theme song and they literally end the game always on something with them.

Agree. I was starting to think I was taking crazy pills...

The game has NEVER hinted at romance between Sora and Riku while it definitely has for Kairi.

Alja

I mean according to the pronouns the narrator apparently shifts between a boy and a girl so... ^.^
Y'all gonna ignore five games because one other gave you shippy feels.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Oh my god we weren’t being serious. Y’all are too hyper-defensive about SoKai.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Hikari ends with Kairi finding the drawing of Sora giving her the paupo fruit and drawing a reciprocation
Passion ends with Kairi and Sora exchanging her lucky charm he promised to bring back to her.

It seems obvious that Chikai is going to have a big focus on this relationship as well.

This is the end of the first arc of Kingdom Hearts. The end of the Xehanort saga.
Well, for Nomura and what he explained to Utada, Passion is about Sora and Riku:

---Following the previous game, Utada Hikaru also sang the theme song for this game, "Passion."

Nomura: Many fans seem to have the image Kingdom Hearts = Utada Hikaru so I didn't think of changing that at all. This time I wrote a story explanation for her that's longer than the previous game's. We decided to have it played at the last scene, so for me the theme was "Sora and Riku's reunion." I wrote stuff like "An image of a reunion, a happy moment in a way" and "Like a Hikari 2" in there.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I do want to say tho that Sora & Riku make music together and it is Dearly Beloved. Btw that is Nomura’s favorite song.

And their joint keyblade has a paopu fruit on the end of it. Don’t @ me about how the paopu isn’t romantic because it sure is romantic when in reference to SoKai so we aren’t having double standards here.

But somebody please tell me when Sora and Kairi have lied each other? What liar self does either of them refuse to go back to? The only one who fits the bill of that line is Riku.

Okay this super extra gay is done with her pushback.

This song is honestly my favorite of the whole bunch.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

I do want to say tho that Sora & Riku make music together and it is Dearly Beloved. Btw that is Nomura’s favorite song.

And their joint keyblade has a paopu fruit on the end of it. Don’t @ me about how the paopu isn’t romantic because it sure is romantic when in reference to SoKai so we aren’t having double standards here.

But somebody please tell me when Sora and Kairi have lied each other? What liar self does either of them refuse to go back to? The only one who fits the bill of that line is Riku.

Okay this super extra gay is done with her pushback.

This song is honestly my favorite of the whole bunch.
not saying your wrong spockanort but i never conisder riku and sora a romatice freindship i always though as brothery freindship also has noone consder lyrics relate to the trio not just destiny trio as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back