• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3's theme song "Chikai" lyrics translation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 248644

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3's theme song "Chikai" lyrics translation

For Hikari and Simple and Clean it was the PlanitB Remix they did that's the opening.

*He did

PLANITb is the name of the artist, Russell McNamara, from PLANITb Studios in London, UK.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org

to argue for a sokai reading during pride month is homophobic

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Agreed but I wouldn’t say that to sokai shippers that telling to accept the song as a soriku song

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Although [in my book] Utada may not have the greatest singing voice(it’s still good but not my favorite) , she definitely has a power behind her voice, which replaces anything I may not like about her voice. Her music is truly art, and this theme is definitely art.
You're not wrong, Hikki's voice is distinctive and expressive and I love that, but on a technical level it often sounds untrained and her range isn't like amazing or anything: on this album alone, you can definitely hear her straining on tracks like "Hatsukoi" and "Nokoriga." But she isn't an operatic, and this is the voice she was given, and I love what she does with it because the emotional charge she lends to her work using her voice is invaluable in helping people connect with it.

Although I actually think her singing on "Chikai" is flawless, and she sounds even better in the chorus for "Don't Think Twice" (or what we've heard of it so far). Smooth as butter.

Haha agreed. Although a lot of the posts in this thread are homophobic any month of the year.

Agreed but I wouldn’t say that to sokai shippers that telling to accept the song as a soriku song
The posts I've seen from you are pretty respectful and nobody is arguing all SoKai shippers are anti-queer, but the users framing their arguments in opposition to a SoRiku reading of the song on the basis that it would be super WEIRD for these two friends to get together romantically, or that it's just emblematic of yaoi shippers trying to gay up the series, are being overtly homophobic, the latter on two counts: first, for misconstruing the tone and intent of SoRiku readers using the coded language of "queer panic," or the notion that even the simplest gesture acknowledging the existence of queer communities constitutes an imminent threat to heterosexual people, and second the implication that it would, in fact, be a "bad thing" if a queer relationship were acknowledged in this series. The third overarching implication is that straight people own fiction and the media and therefore any queer representation constitutes an intrusive element which is invalid because they haven't cosigned it, which is both obviously prejudiced and, in this case, decidedly unjustifiable given that Hikki has specifically engaged her art from the perspective of gay romance in the past and cautioned fans against the assumption that she is straight or that the narratives she creates are only for straight people.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards

Disagree, just because someone doesn't agree with a ship (because Japanese Shonen series ALWAYS have bromance style relationships that get misinterpreted as homosexual relationships [two dudes can't be friends without being considered gay]) doesn't make them homophobic. The horrible things they say to and about the shippers and the ship is homophobic.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Disagree, just because someone doesn't agree with a ship (because Japanese Shonen series ALWAYS have bromance style relationships that get misinterpreted as homosexual relationships [two dudes can't be friends without being considered gay]) doesn't make them homophobic. The horrible things they say to and about the shippers and the ship is homophobic.

The art of gay hyperbole is wasted. It's just wasted in this community.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Could KH3's delay be to dodge a heretic SoKai release in 20gayteen?

Nukara

Awards

Not a special Soriku fan, not because I do not like yaoi, but because Soriku is a typical yaoi shipping where one uke and another seme. Fans in my opinion have spoiled this shipping so much that the characters of Riku and Sora were badly cast, turning Sora into a helpless boy who can not do anything without Riku. And Riku is a pervert for whom Sora is only furniture. I have hope for Sokai for perhaps Kairi will finally cease to be "Lady in Need".

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Not a special Soriku fan, not because I do not like yaoi, but because Soriku is a typical yaoi shipping where one uke and another seme.

Oh boy, I haven’t seen those phrases used for like 10 years now.

Fans in my opinion have spoiled this shipping so much that the characters of Riku and Sora were badly cast, turning Sora into a helpless boy who can not do anything without Riku. And Riku is a pervert for whom Sora is only furniture.

I know this stuff existed around 2006-8 and it was just as uncomfortable then as it can be now, but most modern interpretations of SoRiku by the fandom are very much focused on how Sora and Riku are equal to each other and tends to be in character with their game personalities.

I have hope for Sokai for perhaps Kairi will finally cease to be "Lady in Need".

I agree with that, but I don’t think SoKai has to be the vehicle for Kairi to get development. She should just have development because she needs it and is an underutilized character, and not because she will end up with Sora.

Nukara

Awards

Oh boy, I haven’t seen those phrases used for like 10 years now.

I know this stuff existed around 2006-8 and it was just as uncomfortable then as it can be now, but most modern interpretations of SoRiku by the fandom are very much focused on how Sora and Riku are equal to each other and tends to be in character with their game personalities.

I agree with that, but I don’t think SoKai has to be the vehicle for Kairi to get development. She should just have development because she needs it and is an underutilized character, and not because she will end up with Sora.

I from fanfics came across only on fanfics about school. Where Sora and Riku is already OOC by default.
I do not like the fact that Soriku is too typical for yaoi shippig, one is gay and active, and the other is calm and withdrawn. In this regard AkuRoku is more versatile and interesting.
With the fact that Kairi needs to develop it agrees.
But I was just starving for normal Het shipping. Genre "Het" extinct. And such shippings as Lady Bug x Cat Noir, Starko, Amourshipping only dishonor this genre.

redcrown

Awards

Sora is only furniture

furniture

Sora as furniture hmmm....

61B5K6BGFNL._SY445_.jpg

Brave little toaster world?

shady543

Awards

Okay I agree that their post was cringe, should have been thought off more and there is a lot there I completely disagree with, but was it really necessary to quote their post on a different website... (that picture was pretty good though)? Jeez that's making me anxious to make sure I say things that everyone agrees with lol.

I from fanfics came across only on fanfics about school. Where Sora and Riku is already OOC by default.
I do not like the fact that Soriku is too typical for yaoi shippig, one is gay and active, and the other is calm and withdrawn. In this regard AkuRoku is more versatile and interesting.
With the fact that Kairi needs to develop it agrees.
But I was just starving for normal Het shipping. Genre "Het" extinct. And such shippings as Lady Bug x Cat Noir, Starko, Amourshipping only dishonor this genre.

lol okay I honestly don't know who you're referring to with 'gay and active and the other is calm and withdrawn' because neither of them are like that. On the outside and judging only just on appearance yes it does looks like a typical one, but its not at all like a typical pairing. And realistically in a pairing one is probably going to be shorter than the other anyway even if its by a cm. The reason why people ship it in the first place is because (correct me if I'm wrong here please) Sora seems to pay more attention to Riku in Kh2 and DDD more than he does for Kairi lol. I mean I'd argue with some things like Sora's expression when Kairi hugs him (because that's a natural reaction when you're crushing on someone) and Sora hugging Riku in DDD because that must mean I'm dating like 20 people currently. But the Combined Keyblade having a diddlying paopu fruit as a keychain seals the deal for me. If that was a keyblade dedicated to Sora and Kairi it definitely would have been symbolism right there. :\

Also those ships you mentioned apart from Amourshipping are not generic lol. Marinette and Adrien and the pairing is only generic when you behave like the fandom and have four diddlying pairings dedicated to the same pairing and separate their two personalities like they're two different characters.
Also Starco is not generic because Star is the one with the superpower and Marco's personality would often be what a female would have because we're often deemed as 'the mature one'. :\

redcrown

Awards

Okay I agree that their post was cringe, should have been thought off more and there is a lot there I completely disagree with, but was it really necessary to quote their post on a different website... (that picture was pretty good though)? Jeez that's making me anxious to make sure I say things that everyone agrees with lol.

What different website you talking about Willis? All I did was take furniture to it's logical Disney conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back