• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura confirms Takeharu Ishimoto and Tsuyoshi Sekito are working on Kingdom Hearts 3 Soundtrack

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Famitsu published an interview with Kingdom Hearts Series Creator Tetsuya Nomura and Takeharu Ishimoto, composer for Dissidia Final Fantasy NT. During the interview—which was primarily about Dissidia—Nomura confirmed that Takeharu Ishimoto and Tsuyoshi Sekito have also been working on music for Kingdom Hearts 3 alongside series composer Yoko Shimomura.

Takeharu Ishimoto and Tsuyoshi Sekito are no strangers to the Kingdom Hearts series. Ishimoto was a Synthesizer Programmer for Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II, and he and Sekito have worked alongside Yoko Shimomura to compose and arrange tracks for both Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.

Among their most memorable contributions are Ishimoto's Enter the Darkness, Enter the Void, Unbreakable Chains and Twister -Kingdom Mix-, and Sekito's Black Powder, Majestic Wings, Wild Blue and Storm Diver. They have also worked on songs for The Grid, Pranksters Paradise and other worlds in the Kingdom Hearts series. 

Thanks to Zephyr, we have translations of the excerpt:

—So Nomura-san, do you have any final words for Ishimoto-san?

Nomura: Ishimoto-san has worked on several songs for the KINGDOM HEARTS series, and both he and Sekito-san are involved with KINGDOM HEARTS III. There are more songs than before, and we've reached the point where we have to ask for songs for important battles, so I hope to continue this collaboration. Even in the future, I thank you for your continued support. (laughs)

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Hello new divisive topic! I've been reading about this here and there, and already people have very different stances upon them. Usually "UNTAMABLE" from DDD is seen as a con, while "Unbreakable Chains" from BbS is seen as a pro, with "Majestic Wings" being kinda in-between.

Oh well. Music is possibly the most subjective of the arts. I'm kinda "meh" on the whole thing, frankly while music plays an important part in my gaming experience is really rare that a track I dislike manages to *ruin* it.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Hello new divisive topic! I've been reading about this here and there, and already people have very different stances upon them. Usually "UNTAMABLE" from DDD is seen as a con, while "Unbreakable Chains" from BbS is seen as a pro, with "Majestic Wings" being kinda in-between.

Oh well. Music is possibly the most subjective of the arts. I'm kinda "meh" on the whole thing, frankly while music plays an important part in my gaming experience is really rare that a track I dislike manages to *ruin* it.
I never purchased a soundtrack before. I didn't really see the appeal in it. I have been interested in it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Love both their work, so I'm glad to see they're confirmed to return. Not that I ever doubted it, of course ;)

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I do think they are great composers and all, but I am definitely more interested in Shimomura's contributions to the game. I'm assuming she'll still get to do most of the music, which is exactly what I want.

Aramagon

Awards
Enter the Darkness is one of my favorite villain themes ever. I'm super excited to see more contributions like that one in KHIII!
Still, I vastly prefer Yoko's compositions overall, so I really hope she gets to do most of the music in the game, especially World Themes and important Boss Fights.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Tbh I'm actually confused if this is sarcasm or not, even though it probably is sarcasm.

But anyway, can't wait for Ishimoto to give us the inevitable remix of Enter the Darkness/Unbreakable Chains.
I swear it wasn't, lol. I honestly just didn't know who these two were at all... Listening to the tracks attributed to them in the first post, I like Sekito's work.

When I read the opening post, I knew it didn't say anything about Shimomura not returning or anything, but the first thought that entered my head was, "Don't tell me they actually got Utada on board for the final game in this saga and then lost Yoko."

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
As long as their contributions to the soundtrack don't sound too distinct from Shimomura's then I'm absolutely happy for their involvement. The Kingdom Hearts soundtrack is a key part of the franchise identity and I don't want that to be compromised.

SoraForeverKH

"There are more songs than before?" This makes me so excited! All I can think about right now is KHIII. I wonder if that is how it will be through this whole year. Probably! I'm so excited!!! 2018!!!!!!!

Awards
"There are more songs than before?" This makes me so excited! All I can think about right now is KHIII. I wonder if that is how it will be through this whole year. Probably! I'm so excited!!! 2018!!!!!!!

Yeah me too!! I keep hoping they will now drop news every now and then since the game is supposed to come out this year

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Can't say I'm too surprised about it.

Not only has the music side of KH practically been a triumvirate since BBS (of course with Shimomura still having the biggest slice of work), KH III being generally bigger in scope than any entry in the series beforehand already somewhat hints at there being so much to do that Yoko simply cannot do it all alone anymore.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
"There are more songs than before."

47q3w.gif

Usually "UNTAMABLE" from DDD is seen as a con
I never heard dislike for the track before so I'm a little surprised hearing this. I think it's a fun track.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As long as their contributions to the soundtrack don't sound too distinct from Shimomura's then I'm absolutely happy for their involvement. The Kingdom Hearts soundtrack is a key part of the franchise identity and I don't want that to be compromised.

The fact that you haven’t complained about their music in BBS or KH3D should already signal to you how well they work with Shimomura.

Ishimoto’s best work from Crisis Core and Type-0 is some of the best game music I’ve ever heard and fits very well with Shimomura. And his entire library of TWEWY music is what put him on the map for many people.

And despite only composing the first time in BBS, both Sekito and Ishimoto have been involved with the series for years as arrangers and music programmers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back