• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu interviews Nomura on KH Orchestra and Union X

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Famitsu got a chance to sit down with Series Director Tetsuya Nomura for a interview after the debut of KINGDOM HEARTS Orchestra -World Tour-. Speaking briefly, Nomura talks about coordinating the event and releasing new KINGDOM HEARTS III information at one of the concerts, as well as the surprise announcement of KH Union X.

Thanks to Goldpanner, you can read the interview below.

> KH3 news somewhere along the World Tour...

On March 10th 2017, the Kingdom Hearts (hereon KH) orchestra concert tour Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World Tour- kicked off at the Tokyo International Forum. After the very first show in Tokyo, we were able to get a little time with director of the KH series, Tetsuya Nomura. Here is a mini-interview with him where we asked about interesting parts of the concert and things to come.

—Did you have any orders regarding the choice of music for the concert?

Nomura: (Ms Yoko) Shimomura was the one who made the setlist for the show this time. I might have tweaked some things, but the setlist stayed basically the same. I had the order of some things changed based on the performances by the voice actors and such, that was about it. The setlists for both the wind concert last summer and this concert were made at the same time, and we treated them both like two halves of one whole, so I thought about how their structure should match. The way both the last concert ended with and this one began with Hikari was one way it was structured to reflect that.

—So, on the whole, you were mainly in charge of the videos and the dramatic readings, right?

Nomura: Yes. We only just barely got it ready on time, but we made it (dry laughter). For the acting guidance of the dramatic readings, we asked external sound supervisor Mr (Yoji) Shimizu, just like with the games. This concert counts as one of the works in the series, after all. Overseas, we will play recordings of Ms Toyoguchi and Ms Uchida's voices, with subtitles on the videos.

—Our interest was piqued by how the video that played during Kairi's reading was the only one done in live-action.

Nomura: Kairi is speaking pretty specifically about events happening during KH3, so we didn't have any cinematics that really worked. So, we matched it to a live-action video that fit the vibe. There are pieces of imagery that link to the content of what she is saying, for example, how it shows a scene of a sunset at the part where she says, "He stares at my face."

—On the first day, we were surprised when you came on between performances and blessed us with your talk. During the trailer that played, the hall went pretty wild when Ventus came on screen.

Nomura: Well, the first day is special (laughs). It was perfect timing with the announcement planned at an event overseas, so I decided to have it debut at the concert that was happening a few hours earlier. Of the five new Union Leaders, the remaining two will be revealed from April on. I've finished writing the story for the 4th and am about to start on stuff for the 5th, so please look forward to it.

—There was also an announcement that information about KH3 would be revealed during the world tour.

Nomura: We announced that KH Unchained χ will become KH Union Cross right after the release of KH -HD 1.5+2.5 -ReMix-, so we have touched a little on KH3. Please wait for more information on this. 

Source: Famitsu

S.Gill17

So it's definitely confirmed that Ven is a Union Leader. Maybe this is why Xehanort wanted him? As it stands, Ven is a Union leader, Ephemer is a second Union Leader and Skuld is the third Union leader. It's interesting to know that Ven had such a huge part in the Keyblade War as a Union leader.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
So it's definitely confirmed that Ven is a Union Leader. Maybe this is why Xehanort wanted him? As it stands, Ven is a Union leader, Ephemer is a second Union Leader and Skuld is the third Union leader. It's interesting to know that Ven had such a huge part in the Keyblade War as a Union leader.

I asked that question, so far no one replied to me.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
chaser does mean kh3 info will be in world tour i don't get what he said in the last one?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
So it's definitely confirmed that Ven is a Union Leader.
Maybe this is why Xehanort wanted him?
As it stands, Ven is a Union leader, Ephemer is a second Union Leader and Skuld is the third Union leader.

That was already confirmed in the trailer itself as Ephemer and Skuld identify Ventus as "the 3rd".
The main question that is to be addressed is as to how and why Ventus is even there in the first place, and if he's truly from the past era of fairytales, why and how he can be present in the actual current KH-era when (as far as we know) no one else from that era is.
What is obvious by now is certainly that Ventus, no matter in what exact way, has a closer connection to the past era and if Xehanort knows about this there could be indeed further additional reasons for him being so interested in him.
Actually Ephemer is the first (and overall) leader according to what Ava said, Skuld is the second and Ventus is the 3rd.

It's interesting to know that Ven had such a huge part in the Keyblade War as a Union leader.

Uh no, not really?
We already saw the Keyblade War and the leaders there were the original Foretellers, not these new ones.
Nomura stated beforehand that these five "key people" will be the cause/catalyst of a great upheaval which results in a massive divergence from the plot the original Browser-Chi had.
People apparently furthermore tend to forget that with Maleficent there is also a new player on the "board" in that world.

SoraForeverKH

Okay! I really want to see more of that voice acting part of Kairi and Xion. Where could that be taking place in KH III if it's in the game, km so psyched about that!!! I think it almost sounds like Kairi is writing her thoughts down and maybe Sora is reading it. I didn't get the vibe that she was talking to him about it in person, but who know! I'm not going to say it's impossible!
So the 4th and 5th of the five new union leaders will be revealed sooner than soon? Awesome! Cannot wait! I already made my guess, but it will probably be wrong... I hate being that wrong but it's still so much fun to try and come up with the answer. It would be so like Nomura though to make the last two remaining completely new characters, but I'm hoping it concerns Riku and Kairi. I don't know... Can't wait to finally see the results! YES! ^^

namidawa

—Our interest was piqued by how the video that played during Kairi's reading was the only one done in live-action.
Nomura: Kairi is speaking pretty specifically about events happening during KH3, so we didn't have any cinematics that really worked. So, we matched it to a live-action video that fit the vibe. There are pieces of imagery that link to the content of what she is saying, for example, how it shows a scene of a sunset at the part where she says, "He stares at my face."

This quote alone sounds like he doesn't have any plan to create a visual cinematic for this particular scene. I don't want to jump to conclusions but I'm not hoping for much lol.

—On the first day, we were surprised when you came on between performances and blessed us with your talk. During the trailer that played, the hall went pretty wild when Ventus came on screen.
Nomura: Well, the first day is special (laughs). It was perfect timing with the announcement planned at an event overseas, so I decided to have it debut at the concert that was happening a few hours earlier. Of the five new Union Leaders, the remaining two will be revealed from April on. I've finished writing the story for the 4th and am about to start on stuff for the 5th, so please look forward to it.

This, plus the KHIII news coming up has me hype though. I hope each Union leader gets the character development they deserve (looking at Skuld for being pretty minor up until now).

Xagzan

Awards
Can't wait for the concert.

Why does he have to make things even more obfuscating with this new Ven nonsense though? Ugh

Muke

whatever
Awards
looking at Skuld for being pretty minor up until now).
Skuld is still way more interesting than Kairi ever was, though.

And why the fuck didn't they just include the scene in 0.2??? Cinematic is not an excuse imo, they could've implemented that scene they shot. That's some real Kairi character moment right there and it's not in the games? What??
Stop putting canon shit into the concert, it's getting tiring.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
we don't know if there there going citmemic or not for the kairi stuff in kh3

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Why does he have to make things even more obfuscating with this new Ven nonsense though? Ugh

How about waiting how it ultimatively plays out before judging it?
Ventus as a character could certainly use some more focus, characterisation and insight and so far we know nothing about how it will actually be handled or what the consequences for the overall story will be.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Oh so the concerts will actually have something new? I thought it would just be scenes from the games and that's all. Interesting. Now I'm looking forward to it even more, though it does kind of suck for everyone who can't make it to a concert. I hope it's nothing too important.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh so the concerts will actually have something new? I thought it would just be scenes from the games and that's all. Interesting. Now I'm looking forward to it even more, though it does kind of suck for everyone who can't make it to a concert. I hope it's nothing too important.

If each single concert has something new on the plate maybe there should be a sticky thread in the forums here that collects all those "snippets" they do?
Since as usual modus operandi Nomura apparently can't resist making each of those canon somehow. <__<

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
If each single concert has something new on the plate maybe there should be a sticky thread in the forums here that collects all those "snippets" they do?
Since as usual modus operandi Nomura apparently can't resist making each of those canon somehow. <__<

Yeah sounds good, I haven't been reading anything about the concerts really yet because I want to see it first, but after that it would be really interesting to read what differences they have.

namidawa

Skuld is still way more interesting than Kairi ever was, though.

And why the diddly didn't they just include the scene in 0.2??? Cinematic is not an excuse imo, they could've implemented that scene they shot. That's some real Kairi character moment right there and it's not in the games? What??
Stop putting canon shit into the concert, it's getting tiring.

I love Skuld, ever since she came out. I'm rather selfish for wanting more from her but I find her having far more potential than Kairi nowadays. I look forward to her arc. :)

Yeaaaaah, I'm not surprised he did this; I'm extremely disappointed in him for making it concert exclusive rather than taking out excerpts from the game itself.
Of course he vaguely implies it to be concert exclusive only but I CAN'T hold my breath. At least if he does have a cinematic for them I'll be surprised and happy, but you know. I'd rather be knowing I'm disappointed rather than hope and be disappointed again lol.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Sign said:
—Did you have any orders regarding the choice of music for the concert?
Nomura: (Ms Yoko) Shimomura was the one who made the setlist for the show this time. I might have tweaked some things, but the setlist stayed basically the same. I had the order of some things changed based on the performances by the voice actors and such, that was about it. The setlists for both the wind concert last summer and this concert were made at the same time, and we treated them both like two halves of one whole, so I thought about how their structure should match. The way both the last concert ended with and this one began with Hikari was one way it was structured to reflect that.​
A good choice on your part, that's very interesting how those were structured :)

—So, on the whole, you were mainly in charge of the videos and the dramatic readings, right?
Nomura: Yes. We only just barely got it ready on time, but we made it (dry laughter). For the acting guidance of the dramatic readings, we asked external sound supervisor Mr (Yoji) Shimizu, just like with the games. This concert counts as one of the works in the series, after all. Overseas, we will play recordings of Ms Toyoguchi and Ms Uchida's voices, with subtitles on the videos.

That settles it. I'm officially putting the concerts on my timeline. Kingdom Hearts, your timeline just got two slots bigger.

So, these were just live action establishing shots behind the actors or something? That's interesting.

Wait, you haven't written the full story for the 5th new Union Leader? That's odd. Ah well, I'm sure you know where they'll end up.

I like how they're called Union Leaders and not foretellers now, that makes perfect sense. April can't come soon enough!
—There was also an announcement that information about KH3 would be revealed during the world tour.
Nomura: We announced that KH Unchained χ will become KH Union Cross right after the release of KH -HD 1.5+2.5 -ReMix-, so we have touched a little on KH3. Please wait for more information on this.
Source: Famitsu
Jeez, alright. I guess I can wait a bit longer.

EDIT: Don't know why, but the formatting of my post came out funky. This always happens when I quote an interview, anyone have any answers?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
That was already confirmed in the trailer itself as Ephemer and Skuld identify Ventus as "the 3rd".
The main question that is to be addressed is as to how and why Ventus is even there in the first place, and if he's truly from the past era of fairytales, why and how he can be present in the actual current KH-era when (as far as we know) no one else from that era is

Personally, I'm think about it in the completely reverse end to you, how has Ventus ended up in a different era without aging? I feel that him being from the era of Fairy tales make a lot of contextual sense. What's boggling is how he ended up so far into the future?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Personally, I'm think about it in the completely reverse end to you, how has Ventus ended up in a different era without aging? I feel that him being from the era of Fairy tales make a lot of contextual sense. What's boggling is how he ended up so far into the future?
tumblr_inline_ohw34cxqjI1qkmm41_540.jpg

Maybe this Ven-sized box has something to do with it~?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back